NJ Speed Enforcement without radar or lazer.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
South of mile marker 125 on the GS Parkway police will nail you without radar or laser. They are using unmarked cars of all kinds with dark tinted windows (you can't see the driver at all) I never get any warning from my detector but they always blow by me and a few miles down the road there's the officer standing next to the car. I think they are using the Kustom Signals distance computer to get you speed over a certain distance. If you go on the Kustom Signals web sight you will see it and they advertise it to defeat radar detectors & laser jammers.
Because of the heavily tinted windows I can't see inside the unmarked car so I'm only guessing. But they need proof to stand up in court if you fight the ticket. All police cars have dash cams so between the two they got you. What ever the distance is that will stand up in court is what they will set it at.

moneychanger

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Just pacing vehicles. Favor way to speed patrol, the old fashion way. They get behind you maintain the same speed as you, and presto, you made a new friend.

midd

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
First and First, the Nexus of the Universe
They are most likely using laser, the ultralyte or Truspeed models. Only a few detectors will alert to the scatter. Others will only alert to a direct hit and when that happens, it's too late.

Last edited:

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see the black and grey Chargers on the I-95 on-ramps all the time and have seen them flying out of nowhere many times... I'm 100% sure they are using lidar. I only got some radar signals from one unit once but he turned it on once moving.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I see the black and grey Chargers on the I-95 on-ramps all the time and have seen them flying out of nowhere many times... I'm 100% sure they are using lidar. I only got some radar signals from one unit once but he turned it on once moving.
I never get anything on any of my detectors. I have a 360c,R7-R3 and the new V1R2 but with the Valintine I have it only a few weeks and haven't used it yet on the GS Parkway. To me I think they aren't using anything but clocking you the old fashion way.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never get anything on any of my detectors. I have a 360c,R7-R3 and the new V1R2 but with the Valintine I have it only a few weeks and haven't used it yet on the GS Parkway. To me I think they aren't using anything but clocking you the old fashion way.
Laser beams are extremely extremely small. A detector can't pick up rear shots when the trunk is getting hit. Physically impossible for scatted to come off the trunk, around it and into the cabin.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I would agree on laser, my uniden R1 misses misses about 80% of direct hits from the front... Rear shots are less likely. Unidens aren't particularly good at laser but even the most sensitive on laser like the V1 still is very unlikely to save you. Most laser guns have a beam of about 3 feet wide at 1000 feet so picking that up if it's not aiming at the RD is not super likely. Pacing is done as well.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Laser beams are extremely extremely small. A detector can't pick up rear shots when the trunk is getting hit. Physically impossible for scatted to come off the trunk, around it and into the cabin.
That's just it they are not parked. They are using Dodge Chargers older Chev Impala's and Ford SUV's all with dark tinted windows. They stay in the left lane going really fast until they get near someone they can clock & then pull you over. Detectors & jammers are useless against that. The only thing you can do is watch your rear view mirror.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's just it they are not parked. They are using Dodge Chargers older Chev Impala's and Ford SUV's all with dark tinted windows. They stay in the left lane going really fast until they get near someone they can clock & then pull you over. Detectors & jammers are useless against that. The only thing you can do is watch your rear view mirror.
Ok, you didn't mention that before. Then they are pacing which is very common. You have to watch your back at all times and do periodic checks. I've had two get close to me while creeping up in traffic. Saw them coming and coasted to a safe speed. In the day time you can see the round police LED lights at the bottom of the bumper so that is the way you can catch them sooner, but in the night forget it

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ok, you didn't mention that before. Then they are pacing which is very common. You have to watch your back at all times and do periodic checks. I've had two get close to me while creeping up in traffic. Saw them coming and coasted to a safe speed. In the day time you can see the round police LED lights at the bottom of the bumper so that is the way you can catch them sooner, but in the night forget it
They must have something in the car that will verify you speed over a certain distance so it stands up in court. That Kustom Signals speed distance device would be the type of unit they may use.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
They must have something in the car that will verify you speed over a certain distance so it stands up in court. That Kustom Signals speed distance device would be the type of unit they may use.

@radarrob does NJSP have the Kustom Tracker? I assume they would use the mile marker posts for a known distance point.

@Bluelinex they can do good ole fashioned maintaining the same speed as you for a certain distance without a tool to get your speed

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@radarrob does NJSP have the Kustom Tracker? I assume they would use the mile marker posts for a known distance point.

@Bluelinex they can do good ole fashioned maintaining the same speed as you for a certain distance without a tool to get your speed
I really don't know because the windows are tinted to the point that you can't see inside the car. They must have it or something like it for the ticket to stand up in court.

factoryguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
PSP do this all the time on the PA turnpike. They roll along at 85-90 mph and sneak up behind people, and then pace them. It's funny how I feel that I am alert to this and suddenly they appear when my focus is a little distracted or maybe talking with someone in the car. I've been lucky so far to be pacing with traffic, but I worry about it.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
PSP do this all the time on the PA turnpike. They roll along at 85-90 mph and sneak up behind people, and then pace them. It's funny how I feel that I am alert to this and suddenly they appear when my focus is a little distracted or maybe talking with someone in the car. I've been lucky so far to be pacing with traffic, but I worry about it.
Saw one moving up in traffic once, I moved the hell over. It's crazy how people DON'T look at their rearview mirrors whatsoever.

radarrob

Newcumber
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Stalker only. Stalker does have built in stopwatch mode in particular models.

Attachments

Last edited:

radarrob

Newcumber
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

@V1Jake post #15.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Calibrated speedometers and the officers testimony are all thats needed
A good lawyer will beat that in most cases. That's why some kind of speed verification device is needed in court.

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
the only detector I own that has ever alerted to Laser was the V1 and that was from the front on direct hits. I have an R3, R7, V1, Redline-O, STiR-O (two), NET radar and a bunch of others.

fireparamed

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
A good lawyer will beat that in most cases. That's why some kind of speed verification device is needed in court.
Not true at all. The radar gun is only used to validate that the police officer was correct in saying you were speeding. The officer first (according to most statutes) recognizes you are speeding visually, then uses a speed measuring device to confirm his visual determination.

If an officer is using a car with a certified speedometer and paces you for a mile, he has all of the information he needs to write a legitimate ticket. Do you think the judge gets to see the radar reading that he says you were doing in traffic court? No, the judge takes the officers word about everything that happened. So the officers word that he paced you going 15 over the limit is just as good as him writing that a radar gun showed you going 15 over the limit. Plus, in many cars they have dashcam video that shows their patrol car speed, this could be brought into court for proof.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mickrussom