Uniden out of warranty repair - my review

CheatDay2020

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So one day about 3 weeks ago my R3 speaker sounded strange one day, "crackley". Thought it was strange. Before I knew it, the next day I noticed my detector hadn't made a peep. The speaker was out. Dead. I tried a factory reset, no avail. Googled what to do next and found the repair form online. Printed it and filled it out. Also indicated I noticed burn in on the display and I noted that as well. Total of 2 weeks turn around time. Received it via FedEx today. It was my unit as the serial number matches. They replaced the screen and the speaker per the service order. Easy process. Detector returned in same condition. No scratches or scuffs and the unit seems solid.

Going forward will be not using voice alerts, running dark mode with red color font, and using volume 4.

Overall it was a great experience. Simple and quick. Total was $81.95 as this unit was purchased at launch. Hopefully won't have to ever send it back :)

swangin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I still find it completely absurd how we're responsible for paying to get those cheap displays fixed.. It's Uniden's fault for using that screen lol

GTO_04

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see that they repaired it, rather than replace it with a refurb! I have a hot R1, purchased at launch. If I sent it in for repair for a OLED failure or speaker replacement, and it was replaced with a dud refurb, that would suck.

GTO_04

CheatDay2020

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Good to see that they repaired it, rather than replace it with a refurb! I have a hot R1, purchased at launch. If I sent it in for repair for a OLED failure or speaker replacement, and it was replaced with a dud refurb, that would suck.

GTO_04
haha. yes, that was my concern as well.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mickrussom