1.50 for me is the smoothest for me on my r1. However, I am using 1.53 as it could pick up a k band trailered speed sign that 1.50 would not alert to, filters off and all. I have seen an officer using this speed sign to gauge speed in my neighborhood before hitting them with ka for the ticket.Guys, any follow up thoughts on FW 1.53? I've never tried it and am feeling a bit bored this afternoon....
(FW 1.50 works great for me.)
Good call. I do think it is the best compromise for my needs. Trying it out long term has made me decide that I am ready for a quieter detector. It is getting annoying. Doesn't matter 1.37, 1.48, 1.50, 1.53 all suck for falses for me. Haven't tried 1.46. City or advanced mode can't quiet mine down enough. Great ka range but it's getting old.I'm still on 1.50. Was going monitor results on 1.53 for a while. Think I will stay with 1.50.
I had an R3 on 1.50 and loved it, but I gave it to my dad last year. I recently picked up another R3 that came loaded with 1.54 and didn’t think it seemed that different, but maybe I’ll try 1.50 again.I’ve had an R3 since early December, it came with 1.54. There are a few spots along my normal route away from my house that cause false K band alerts but they are also prime areas for speed traps so I didn’t want to lock them out (although a speed trap in those spots would most likely be Ka Band). With K sensitivity set to 50%, K filter on, K block on, TSF on, and most recently MCRD on, it made the spots more tolerable, at 50% sensitivity one of the spots is gone most of the time but sometimes gives a short low alert.
I kept seeing that 1.50 didn’t false as much so for grins I decided to try it out and loaded it a few days ago, with the exact settings I was using before. Wow, it is much quieter. After driving by those spots all of them were silent except for the worst one which was greatly reduced, after driving by them again in the other direction I switched to highway mode and drove by them in both directions and it was still better than 1.54 at 50%! I then went to the only speed sign I know of in my area to make sure it wasn’t hobbled by the downgrade and was very pleased with the results of that test!
The results of reducing actual BSM falses can be pretty subjective since that environment is constantly changing but the results from the fixed sources in my area is proof enough for me. And in the limited testing I’ve done, it does seem better at reducing BSM falses as well.
Now that I’ve got this unit really dialed in I’ll have a few more days to play with it before my R7 comes in