V1G2 Hardwire connection

belusch

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got my V1G2, on my G1 I had a Savvy that I used to power the unit. This time I want to hardwire it. I remember seeing in an old thread where there was another option to hardwiring where you would take your leads and they would be crimped into a fuse and then you would just plug the fuse into an open spot rather than using the hardwire kit that comes with the V1G2 and crimping the connector over the wire, plug it in , and ground it. I’m just not confident enough playing around with the wires in my fuse box to find the right wire to crimp and ground properly especially since it’s a brand new Murano. And everyone I’ve called wants $80-$100 to make that simple connection even though I have it installed with a blendmount and have already chased the wire. Hope that made sense, any help is appreciated!

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
You might check into wire tap by blendmount. I just did two cars and they both came out pretty clean.

You still generally use the V1 Hardwire Kit when going to fuse box.

Most common is “Add a fuse” that piggy backs another fuse onto an existing fuse.
But that just still gets the “hot” plus side. You still need to find a ground for the black. Only thing it eliminates is the inline fuse. But doesn’t hurt to leave that too even with add a fuse.

I’m sure there are many videos of doing add a fuse and wire tap ( or was it called mirror tap).

1LECamaro

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
This is what my fuse panel looks like with the "add-a-circuit" fuse taps. One is in a switched circuit for my dedicated phone, V1G2, and dashcam. Other is for constant 12V, also for dash cam. View attachment 143216
IMG_20200319_184456.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Add-a-fuse is really a clean and easy way to go.

Connect the Add-a-fuse to the red wire and plug it in to the fuse box. Attach the black wire to a screw or bolt that is connected to the car body. (There should be many nearby in that area.)

:)

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just got my V1G2, on my G1 I had a Savvy that I used to power the unit. This time I want to hardwire it. I remember seeing in an old thread where there was another option to hardwiring where you would take your leads and they would be crimped into a fuse and then you would just plug the fuse into an open spot rather than using the hardwire kit that comes with the V1G2 and crimping the connector over the wire, plug it in , and ground it. I’m just not confident enough playing around with the wires in my fuse box to find the right wire to crimp and ground properly especially since it’s a brand new Murano. And everyone I’ve called wants $80-$100 to make that simple connection even though I have it installed with a blendmount and have already chased the wire. Hope that made sense, any help is appreciated!
Where are you &/or will you be near Nassau county NY anytime soon?
Post automatically merged:

Add-a-fuse is really a clean and easy way to go.

Connect the Add-a-fuse to the red wire and plug it in to the fuse box. Attach the black wire to a screw or bolt that is connected to the car body. (There should be many nearby in that area.)

:)
The only thing that I would add is that you might want to find a fuse linked to the ignition. That way it's only "ON" when the car is running or in ACC. It's very easy to find...if you have a multimeter or 12v tester.

Last edited:

iazybandit

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Where are you &/or will you be near Nassau county NY anytime soon?

The only thing that I would add is that you might want to find a fuse linked to the ignition. That way it's only "ON" when the car is running or in ACC. It's very easy to find...if you have a multimeter or 12v tester.
Fuse for the Accessory is another spot. This cuts off power when the car is turned off.

I'm also in Nassau area as well (Farmingdale/Massapequa)

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I believe that's what I stated...maybe not clearly enough?

Fuse for the Accessory is another spot. This cuts off power when the car is turned off.

I'm also in Nassau area as well (Farmingdale/Massapequa)
Regardless, using a fuse that's only powered when you're using the car (ignition on/ACC) is a good idea. Mine is hardwired above the RVM and always powered. I can't just leave it in the car over the weekend, but I never leave in the car anyway.

Last edited:

iazybandit

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Regardless, using a fuse that's only powered when you're using the car (ignition on/ACC) is a good idea. Mine is hardwired above the RVM and always powered. I can't just leave it in the car over the weekend, but I never leave in the car anyway.
I read it as tapping into the ignition itself. Maybe that's just me.

@belusch: like you, I never wanted to alter/modify/splicing the factory wiring. The fuse-tap is the way to go and its very easy to find which are the accessory fuse ports by looking at the owners manual. I used the V1 hardwire and just added a fuse tap. All you have to do is find out what type of fuse your vehicle uses. No physical damage to factory wiring. Simply pull the fuse from the accessory port, take that fuse and plug it into the empty slot of the fuse tap (there should already be a 2nd fuse on there already) and plug the fuse tap where the fuse you just pulled out.

There's youtube videos as well. The same method can be done for dashcams as well.

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have one car wired using the hardwire kit and powered from the spare socket in the fuse box, and the other is a custom wiring done without the kit. Both have been fine for a couple of years, and they're perfect for Gen 2. ( No starter delay)

belusch

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read it as tapping into the ignition itself. Maybe that's just me.

@belusch: like you, I never wanted to alter/modify/splicing the factory wiring. The fuse-tap is the way to go and its very easy to find which are the accessory fuse ports by looking at the owners manual. I used the V1 hardwire and just added a fuse tap. All you have to do is find out what type of fuse your vehicle uses. No physical damage to factory wiring. Simply pull the fuse from the accessory port, take that fuse and plug it into the empty slot of the fuse tap (there should already be a 2nd fuse on there already) and plug the fuse tap where the fuse you just pulled out.

There's youtube videos as well. The same method can be done for dashcams as well.
Would you cut out the inline fuse already installed with the v1 wiring kit? That’s a mini fuse, correct?

iazybandit

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Would you cut out the inline fuse already installed with the v1 wiring kit? That’s a mini fuse, correct?
Here's a link to instructions on how I did it similarly - http://hkwonger.blogspot.com/2008/08/diy-valentine-one-hardwire-install.html

This person tapped into the fuse-tap using the t-tap...which works. I eliminated all that and just cut off the light blue plug and shoved it in to the other end of the fuse-tap and crimped it.

The fuse will depend on what your car uses, so you will just need to get that specific one to your car.

IcePick74

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
2 fuses in a row are fine. I think I left mine in.

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to instructions on how I did it similarly - http://hkwonger.blogspot.com/2008/08/diy-valentine-one-hardwire-install.html

This person tapped into the fuse-tap using the t-tap...which works. I eliminated all that and just cut off the light blue plug and shoved it in to the other end of the fuse-tap and crimped it.

The fuse will depend on what your car uses, so you will just need to get that specific one to your car.
That link is a really good example. :) And yes, just crimp on to the end of the cable. No need for the wire tap in that instance. :)

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I did NOT mean to tap into the ignition; I believe that I wrote, "find A fuse LINKED to the ignition." Not "THE fuse FOR the ignition."
However, clarity is a good thing; assuming that it was not clear enough then it's a good idea to clarify.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBlackKnight239