Auto Dark thoughts

Radarvader

Noticketmaster
General User
Reaction score
I have another question about using the auto dark feature. Is there anyway to set auto dark for green pin lockouts only and savvy? I believe the auto dark takes affect with gps learning Pins also, thanks.

Daaavid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have another question about using the auto dark feature. Is there anyway to set auto dark for green pin lockouts only and savvy? I believe the auto dark takes affect with gps learning Pins also, thanks.
I want to bump this thread, specifically this post here. I ran into some odd encounters last night, and unfortunately I could not save the encounter since I was traveling way below the speed limit with many other enthusiasts coming back from the drag strip.

Some preliminaries: V1 Gen2, V1Driver set to Auto Dark, Logic mode, Savvy set to 20 mph

This piece of highway is not pinned or registered in V1Driver, at all. I know that the V1 was muting a K band signal because I could hear it, but my V1 was blacked out and I was traveling above PSL/Savvy. On the way back, it did the same thing on different parts of the highway. I would say for every 10 K band encounters, V1Driver blacked out my Gen2 2/10 times for a non-existent GPS or Savvy pin. I tried looking in my map and did my best to Street View and correlate other registered K band hits, but it's not the same spot where my V1 was blacked out. In fact, there aren't any GPS/Savvy pins where I saw it black out.

I do remember hearing my V1 being blacked out muting a K band signal at 65 mph, and then it finally illuminated showing a weak K band signal but was still muted.

What's going on here? I may have not caught all the darkened moments either, so that is why I am quoting @Radarvader's post because I fear that there could be learning pins that are getting darkened.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I want to bump this thread, specifically this post here. I ran into some odd encounters last night, and unfortunately I could not save the encounter since I was traveling way below the speed limit with many other enthusiasts coming back from the drag strip.

Some preliminaries: V1 Gen2, V1Driver set to Auto Dark, Logic mode, Savvy set to 20 mph

This piece of highway is not pinned or registered in V1Driver, at all. I know that the V1 was muting a K band signal because I could hear it, but my V1 was blacked out and I was traveling above PSL/Savvy. On the way back, it did the same thing on different parts of the highway. I would say for every 10 K band encounters, V1Driver blacked out my Gen2 2/10 times for a non-existent GPS or Savvy pin. I tried looking in my map and did my best to Street View and correlate other registered K band hits, but it's not the same spot where my V1 was blacked out. In fact, there aren't any GPS/Savvy pins where I saw it black out.

I do remember hearing my V1 being blacked out muting a K band signal at 65 mph, and then it finally illuminated showing a weak K band signal but was still muted.

What's going on here? I may have not caught all the darkened moments either, so that is why I am quoting @Radarvader's post because I fear that there could be learning pins that are getting darkened.
Keep in mind that in Logic mode the V1 will "K-Mute" itself initially if below threshold.

Radarvader

Noticketmaster
General User
Reaction score

I run in little l mode and do believe in auto dark mode, all k band is muted and darkened in gps learning not gps lockouts only. That’s why I’m afraid to run it in auto dark mode because it might Just Darken the V1 if it’s a real Leo encounter. I would like for someone Who has a k band gun To test in autodark for clarification.

Daaavid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Keep in mind that in Logic mode the V1 will "K-Mute" itself initially if below threshold.
Does this explain why my Gen2 was darkened even when there was no GPS/Savvy pin on where the K band encounter was? I just don't see how or why it was blacked out on a section of highway that I never traveled before (read: no preexisting pins) that was still in city limits, so there were no GPS or cellular drops that would confuse V1Driver.

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nitemare50