Please submit questions for our Friday video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I doubt they're going to want to incriminate themselves in a public video. :p
I only speed in Mexico, in which case I typically sit about 30mph over the limit on the highway. Don't really speed in town. Don't speed in the USA, so no chance of incriminating myself.

Is your screen name a reference to Leopold Godowsky?

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
I only speed in Mexico, in which case I typically sit about 30mph over the limit on the highway. Don't really speed in town. Don't speed in the USA, so no chance of incriminating myself.

Is your screen name a reference to Leopold Godowsky?
Indeed it is. Congratulations, I was wondering how long it would be before someone recognized the name!

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Indeed it is. Congratulations, I was wondering how long it would be before someone recognized the name!
Godowsky did some cool stuff, can I ask what your connection to him is? Just really like his work? Kind of an unusual name to see on a radar detector forum!

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
Godowsky did some cool stuff, can I ask what your connection to him is? Just really like his work? Kind of an unusual name to see on a radar detector forum!
He has written a great deal of inventive and undeservedly obscure piano music which I enjoy playing and try to share with people when possible. No connection other than that, I just thought it would make a decent forum name. I didn't expect anyone on this forum to know about him though, considering even among pianists many are unaware of his work.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
He has written a great deal of inventive and undeservedly obscure piano music which I enjoy playing and try to share with people when possible. No connection other than that, I just thought it would make a decent forum name. I didn't expect anyone on this forum to know about him though, considering even among pianists many are unaware of his work.
I attended the Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music for piano performance and finished up at Xavier University under a very special teacher. Piano is an equal passion of mine to business and radar detectors - possibly a greater one - and I have both an acoustic grand and a Kawai NV10 Digital hybrid in the office. I was lucky enough to perform the 2nd movement from Brahms 2nd Concerto with the Dallas Ft. Worth Symphony last year and I'm currently working on a program for the Cliburn amateur competition.

I'm just about finishing up learning Chopin's etude 25/12 and the Godowsky left hand transcription is super interesting to me. I think 99% of pianists don't have the chops to play it quickly enough to maintain the melodic cohesion that the original etude has...but the ability to transcribe it for LH alone while maintaining the rich sonority is pretty awesome.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
I attended the Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music for piano performance and finished up at Xavier University under a very special teacher. Piano is an equal passion of mine to business and radar detectors - possibly a greater one - and I have both an acoustic grand and a Kawai NV10 Digital hybrid in the office. I was lucky enough to perform the 2nd movement from Brahms 2nd Concerto with the Dallas Ft. Worth Symphony last year and I'm currently working on a program for the Cliburn amateur competition.

I'm just about finishing up learning Chopin's etude 25/12 and the Godowsky left hand transcription is super interesting to me. I think 99% of pianists don't have the chops to play it quickly enough to maintain the melodic cohesion that the original etude has...but the ability to transcribe it for LH alone while maintaining the rich sonority is pretty awesome.
I was aware you were an amateur pianist (also noticed the piano during Vortex's office tour on Youtube) but not of how serious you were about it. I feel similarly - CMs are a great hobby, and one I am growing more invested in as time goes on, but my primary passion will always be music.

Pretty much all Godowsky's left hand Chopin studies are testaments to how ingenious the man was as a technician and composer.

I don't want to hijack your thread; perhaps we should continue the conversation in private messages?

Boozehound

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
People want a cop detector. Squad cars are full of electronics that emit signals that are identifiable. Between GPS locators, in-car repeaters for their HTs, and data links for their computers, do you see any possibilities for Theia to ID these signals? What about command signals for LE drones or their video return feed? It's a matter of time before they start using drones for aerial enforcement. I'm experiencing Theia mania.

What was the reaction from others in the company when you explained your idea for Theia, approximately how much it would cost to manufacture, and the implications that had on the sale price. Guessing you had to hand out some heartburn meds. It's going to pay off!

MurrayB

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I was aware you were an amateur pianist (also noticed the piano during Vortex's office tour on Youtube) but not of how serious you were about it. I feel similarly - CMs are a great hobby, and one I am growing more invested in as time goes on, but my primary passion will always be music.

Pretty much all Godowsky's left hand Chopin studies are testaments to how ingenious the man was as a technician and composer.

I don't want to hijack your thread; perhaps we should continue the conversation in private messages?
Perhaps move to off topic - this is extremely interesting.

Tallyho

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
How has the COVID-19 public health crisis impacted your business and the ability to deliver Theia to the market?

hiddencam

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
How important are countermeasures against industrial espionage and sabotage in the development of Theia?

While you share an enormous amount of information about your fantastic developmental journey, no doubt there are things you don't ever want "out there" for your competitors to exploit. So do ya'll sweep for surveillance devices before sensitive meetings or worry about the competition? Have there been attempts by others that you've detected and defeated?

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Has there been a final rendering of the look and ergonomic design as to what Theia will look like in the hand? I so, like to see that.

Redmed

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Describe the display. Will it be OLED or a display less prone to washout in the sunlight? What will be on the display?

hot12345

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Wasn't coming yesterday a video?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LYA-L29 met Tapatalk

CarefulDriver

Wiping dust of R1
Beginner User
Reaction score
Probably stuck in traffic... that video...

Smirnoff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Submitted questions were two-tough? :hmm::facepalm:;):eyebrow::giggity::kitty::readtherules::bang::sick::unamusedpopcorn::hchatter::mmmhmm::rant:

TTChris

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What will be the size of the Theia? My uniden R7 with blendmount is already massive looking in my sports car. I hope the Theia is no bigger. I would pay extra $$$ for it to be smaller and more compact.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I shot the video today, will try to get it edited and up tonight. Very strange to shoot a video alone with me just rambling into a camera haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mickrussom