Looks Like VR is shutdown-COVID 19 - Order Page Header

RayC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I went to their website yesterday to order two 8' power cords and some other parts to be able to sell my old ones as a complete kit and saw the banner on their website. I ordered the parts anyway and got an email confirmation. Today I got a shipment confirmation saying the parts were shipped today via USPS. I went to their website and the COVID-19 banner is no longer there.

Last week I got the two V1Gen2 RDs that I ordered, only took 2 days via UPS 2-day shipping. When I saw the UPS truck in the street I put on a vinyl glove and went out to sign. The driver handed me the package at arms-length and said that he could sign for me.

Seems like some people there at least today, just no answering the phone.

kensteele

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
be careful, if they close up....could be for good. never know. :(

lots of small businesses won't be coming back. :( :(

Hahns52

Crackheads and Debutantes
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to their website yesterday to order two 8' power cords and some other parts to be able to sell my old ones as a complete kit and saw the banner on their website. I ordered the parts anyway and got an email confirmation. Today I got a shipment confirmation saying the parts were shipped today via USPS. I went to their website and the COVID-19 banner is no longer there.
The banner is on the store page.
be careful, if they close up....could be for good. never know. :(

lots of small businesses won't be coming back. :( :(
Not too worried about VR, considering they just went nearly a year without selling RDs.

CJR238

Retired PR
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm super glad I have my new V1.
However there's so little traffic and so few cops not doing speed enforcement it's kind of boring.

I pray all businesses do the right thing in the end and this craziness ends soon.

kensteele

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The banner is on the store page.

Not too worried about VR, considering they just went nearly a year without selling RDs.
i think i agree but this situation seems to be different and businesses are acting differently. if this is a couple or weeks or a month, fine...but we don't know, if this gets extended out everyone is at risk. it would certainly be a shame.

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm super glad I have my new V1.
However there's so little traffic and so few cops not doing speed enforcement it's kind of boring.

I pray all businesses do the right thing in the end and this craziness ends soon.
One of my In-Laws is a LEO in Ontario. She said Traffic Enforcement is almost non-existent right now.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Same down here. i followed an HP car for a while and he didn't once trigger his Stalker.
I wonder if they've been told to minimise contact?

ktsc

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Wish I had gotten my dead gen2 shipped back earlier. Just checked. UPS is showing a delivery attempt. Looks like no one is home.

should probably request ups ship it back to me for now.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if VR is going to extend the 30 trial period given they are shut down now.

TomF

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I just received the extra power cords and windshield mounts that I ordered on 3/22. Shipped via USPS to San Diego. I ordered on Sunday after seeing the COVID-19 banner on their website, figuring that they would send it when they could. I was surprised that the order was confirmed and shipped on Monday and I have it on Wednesday.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they've decided they're classified as essential?

RoadDogg

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they've decided they're classified as essential?
I wonder if they are “officially” closed down, but they may have one or two people there maybe repairing Gen2s sent in for repairs or processing orders already received or other admin stuff for a few days despite their banner on the website. I am not in Ohio, so I don’t know the extent of the directive by the Governor or local government. Just throwing that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iazybandit

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I wonder if they are “officially” closed down, but they may have one or two people there maybe repairing Gen2s sent in for repairs or processing orders already received or other admin stuff for a few days despite their banner on the website. I am not in Ohio, so I don’t know the extent of the directive by the Governor or local government. Just throwing that out there.

I hope so. I sold my V1G1 and I'm driving without anything. Thought I could get my order in before the close even though they had a backorder date.

I'm guessing they should have someone there to be signing and receiving packages?

jdong

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

As much as we want that as customers, as an employee I respect them for fully shutting down in this difficult time.

aim4squirrels

Currently edging...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't know why you'd doubt the message posted on their site about the closure.

There are more important things in the world at this time than radar detectors, at least for those of us whose livelihood is not directly tied to that industry.

Heck, between the shelter at home orders and reduced traffic enforcement, there's not many people getting much use out of them currently anyway.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abadd