Updated List of Mechanical Issues with the new V1G2

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Discussing and tracking are two different things.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like the display problems still haven't been completely resolved. I just got this comment on YT. The person hasn't posted here, so I'll post it now.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.33.41 PM.png

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like the display problems still haven't been completely resolved. I just got this comment on YT. The person hasn't posted here, so I'll post it now.

View attachment 155530
actually you really can't draw that conclusion just based on that information alone.

That's the truth, you only know a general timeline of purchase and firmware.

What was the date of manufacturing versus date of purchase?

We NEVER proved out the fact that an older display could not make it onto a device that has 19 firmware, correct?

If we did, can you send me a link since you're heavily involved in all this stuff?

this is exactly how people get confused (the spin on MRCD/CT based MVs comments) so easily on here and start regurgitating misinformation. If you look at my post history I responded to someone directly that was doing this unknowingly, and had to relink them to your own video.

Last edited:

aocsgil

"Peace Through Superior Firepower"
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but what does he mean by "display replaced"?? Did it come unglued, have bleed through problems or something else??...

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, he posted about it in Post 857 of this thread back on July 10th.
Thank you. I missed it the first time. In that case, my apologies for the double post. :)

Darkmann

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@Vancity23 , every new product "has issues." To speak intelligently about this you really should know how many shipped and of that number how many failed. ....
Not at all. I don't know anyone who buys a product and when things go wrong they begin thinking how many were shipped, or lot number or any other such other statistics which the fabricator usually tracks - not the customer problem. Most of us see 30 day no frills return - than we buy and hope that within those 30 days, the product is problem free, or as advertised.

Boozehound

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Not at all. I don't know anyone who buys a product and when things go wrong they begin thinking how many were shipped, or lot number or any other such other statistics which the fabricator usually tracks - not the customer problem. Most of us see 30 day no frills return - than we buy and hope that within those 30 days, the product is problem free, or as advertised.
I'm not sure you understood my post. I agree with you. My disagreement was with those who made claims that the product was "rushed out" or pretended they knew what the failure rate was. No one but VR knows the actual failure rate and I doubt they'll release that info. A number of those making claims didn't even own the product! For the record, mine and others have been trouble-free. Failures of those owned by members here are well documented. I also have returned a new V1 within the 30 day window with zero problems. On that occasion I wanted to keep the V1 but didn't understand the upgrade had to be up front. So I returned a newly purchased V1 and sent the old one in for upgrade per their suggestion. Still have that old G1.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The majority have been trouble free. We seem to forget that in our echo chambers. There have been too many failures (MV would agree), but the dark days are behind us.

theodoredibiase

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
My unit was delivered yesterday. The laser goes off constantly in both cars and the tab for the bracket does not hold the v1 in place

dudeinnz

NZCTG
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
My unit was delivered yesterday. The laser goes off constantly in both cars and the tab for the bracket does not hold the v1 in place
I would urge you to get in touch with Valentine. Users here have suggested ringing up V1 will get you a speedier response.

Laser: It could be your own car's anti-collision or other gesture controls.
Bracket: I cannot comment, perhaps if you took a photo and showed us the problem?

dudeinnz

NZCTG
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

theodoredibiase

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
what cars ? Model/ year / type
2019 BMW i8 coupe and roadster
Post automatically merged:

I would urge you to get in touch with Valentine. Users here have suggested ringing up V1 will get you a speedier response.

Laser: It could be your own car's anti-collision or other gesture controls.
Bracket: I cannot comment, perhaps if you took a photo and showed us the problem?
the bracket just doesn’t lock into the last few settings unfortunately. I think if I manually bend it and hold it there for a while it will start to work.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Take some pics of that bracket issue or better yet a video. I have a feeling you’re running into it because the angle of your windshield is so extreme, but really I’d think anyone with sports cars of that same caliber would be close to that angle if not even more so a problem.

Deadhead1971

Tonight the American flag floats from yonder hill
Advanced User
Reaction score
My G2 does not lock or snap in place on the windshield bracket due to the angle of the glass. If it does snap, it’s slightly angled down to the hood, so I back it out of the last slot. Not sure if this is what @theodoredibiase is talking about. I am open to solutions to get it level in a snapped position.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshi15