Updated List of Mechanical Issues with the new V1G2

Deadhead1971

Three Sheets to the Wind
Advanced User
Reaction score
Really? Dammit, that's the same day I recieved mine! My serial number ends in 2002 and my faceplate is still perfect in some NC heat although it rains every damn day it seems! No power issues, just some ghosting and the hitch in my I/O Q/T ramp up. Knock on wood!
Yep the Carolina heat and humidity is about to crank up into bake mode convectional oven UV overdrive real soon. ☀

Radarvader

Noticketmaster
General User
Reaction score
Really? Dammit, that's the same day I recieved mine! My serial number ends in 2002 and my faceplate is still perfect in some NC heat although it rains every damn day it seems! No power issues, just some ghosting and the hitch in my I/O Q/T ramp up. Knock on wood!
I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Valentine has your back if it does. It’s really an easy process in case you need it repaired in the future. Hope your V1 is one of the good ones.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The face plate problem has to be improper adhesive or improper application. Things are laminated like this all the time and don't fail.

They also could help themselves out if they applied the face sheet hot, so it would conform to the curve and stay that way. I'm not sure what the material is. If it's polycarbonate it may have to be so hot that it would damage the lower layer so in that case they would have to form it over a mold first.

If mine ever fails like this I'll have a close look at it.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Valentine has your back if it does. It’s really an easy process in case you need it repaired in the future. Hope your V1 is one of the good ones.
I'm not worried about it, I just was hoping that since you had 2003 that all would be good! I have plenty of other kick @ss detectors so I won't miss a beat if my V1G2 fails, but I sure hope it doesn't! The saves and detections, especially from behind and extreme off axis I've seen from mine have blown me away! I know that when they finally get it together these things will be bulletproof and incredible for years to come!

dyn0mitemat

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the shipping label they were supposed to send me back at the beginning of April. Maybe my v1 will fix itself...

Radarvader

Noticketmaster
General User
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the shipping label they were supposed to send me back at the beginning of April. Maybe my v1 will fix itself...
I would try to give Valentine a call and request to send you a shipping label by email, had mine in just a few minutes. Once you get it, just print it out, you’ll be good to go.

Bloovy One

125,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone that's waiting on an email response that seems to be taking too long should call them and talk to a real person directly.

Don't depend on 20 to 45 server hops each direction and hopefully-friendly-but-safe firewalls as your only means of communication. :)

Last edited:

kmac

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Please let us know what firmware version the detector has when you get it back!
I sure will.
The agent I talked with assured me that any firmware hardware issues would be updated. When I received it back the first of May the firmware had not changed.

The only change noted was the bluetooth address.
The first screenshot is the original address and the second screenshot was what it had when I got it backView attachment 148291

Also, anyone relying on email correspondence and not receiving a reply, just call. With both of my calls I received a return shipping label within 10 minutesView attachment 148291
Screenshot_20200509-175737.png

Post automatically merged:

Anyone relying on email as correspondence and not receiving a response, just call.
Both of my experiences with calling were excellent. I had a return shipping label within 10 minutes of the call ending

Attachments

Last edited:

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Correct me if you disagree but we and Vortex have pointed out 3 or 4 issues to MV that need to be addressed when shipping a new V1G2
so I hope he now has enough feedback to get it right
with all shortcomings addressed

xrayos

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Uggh!

bought late March, power just went out. WTF?! Maybe made in Korea is better than this shit. Should I keep it after it’s been fixed or offload it?

DocTJ

Advanced User
Reaction score
Uggh!

bought late March, power just went out. WTF?! Maybe made in Korea is better than this shit. Should I keep it after it’s been fixed or offload it?
What are the last of your serial number ?
sorry to hear about this.
They’ll fix it for you without issue (call them ) but if you have trust issues with it then just sell it after repair or ask for a refund up front. Up to you if you wanna give it a second chance or not.

Bloovy One

125,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
We figured there would be more of these as people started driving more... :( Sorry to see it.

Rocky Road

Traveling Past Slow Pokes One Car At A Time
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Has any one tried sticking it in the freezer yet? It was suggested a month or so ago that it could help. No, I honestly wish I was making that up.

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Has any one tried sticking it in the freezer yet? It was suggested a month or so ago that it could help. No, I honestly wish I was making that up.
Well, one thing’s for sure with that suggestion. The faceplate won’t lift off from the extreme cold, so that’s one bonus. 🤪

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just to be clear, the person suggested that for the power issue, not the screen issue.
I see that joke eluded you completely.

Also, just to be clear, the whole freezer thing for electronics that have issues powering up is not a fix. It’s a temp “get by” to help power them on long enough to do whatever you need with them on a temp basis. It’s an old trick that used to work on hard drives in the 90’s as well as other things like power supplies, etc. Basically anything with a cap in them for power that was suspected to have been blown or partially blown. It didn’t always work... but sometimes it did.

Anyway, enough with that trip down memory lane.

Poppacapp

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So have the fixed the issues with current in stock Gen2s that are awaiting shipment? Kind of hesitant to order one with these issues mentioned. Currently Have a Gen1 and love it.. probably move it to my truck permanently and use the Gen 2 in the Vette. Looking like the Blendmounts I have will work with both gens. Saves a little money there.

Rocky Road

Traveling Past Slow Pokes One Car At A Time
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I see that joke eluded you completely.

Also, just to be clear, the whole freezer thing for electronics that have issues powering up is not a fix. It’s a temp “get by” to help power them on long enough to do whatever you need with them on a temp basis. It’s an old trick that used to work on hard drives in the 90’s as well as other things like power supplies, etc. Basically anything with a cap in them for power that was suspected to have been blown or partially blown. It didn’t always work... but sometimes it did.

Anyway, enough with that trip down memory lane.
No, my joke eluded you, perhaps I should have typed it in purple.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMCCM