ALP Install Help in Chicago Area

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m in Schaumburg, they are shooting laser when the LEO is sitting. Usually DE, if you see a moving LEO, usually IO, CO K sometimes. I have been debating if I should get LJ because it’s not legal here, but I’m getting so many alerts, it makes my R3 useless.
Post automatically merged:

Wow thank you. And yes I just got a new engine.
How do you know Schaumburg is using the DE (dragoneye)

dudeinnz

NZCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
My neighbor is a cop, and I asked him.
Big no no

User conduct outside RDF
Your conduct outside RDF usually has no effect on your status on RDF. However, exceptions apply for those who test with law enforcement or with entities and individuals we at RDF at our sole discretion consider a threat to this community and hobby. Furthermore, at RDF's sole discretion, we may restrict a user from participating on this forum for any other activity outside RDF we consider to be a threat.

bluesxturbo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Never good idea to jammer test with law enforcement. This is how Texas became an illegal State.
No, I never asked him to test.
Big no no

I apologize. I never tested with LEO, I was just touring their cars at an event and saw the DE on the dash.

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never good idea to jammer test with law enforcement. This is how Texas became an illegal State.
IL is a banned state as well.

TheZombaslaya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Where are you getting tagged daily by LIDAR? I’m in Lake county, there’s 0 LIDAR up here, ISP is non Existent on I-94, only town I’ve gotten shot with LIDAR in is North Chicago on HWY 41.

protias

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting tagged daily by LIDAR? I’m in Lake county, there’s 0 LIDAR up here, ISP is non Existent on I-94, only town I’ve gotten shot with LIDAR in is North Chicago on HWY 41.
Kenosha and Racine Counties love LIDAR on I94. You'll also run into LIDAR quite a bit in Milwaukee. Waukesha County can be hit or miss, at least where I drive. Waukesha is more radar, but you will run into LIDAR a fair amount. WI SP love running all sorts of equipment, but they don't hide all that well 80% of the time, but you'll run into one hiding in the trees.

TheZombaslaya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Kenosha and Racine Counties love LIDAR on I94. You'll also run into LIDAR quite a bit in Milwaukee. Waukesha County can be hit or miss, at least where I drive. Waukesha is more radar, but you will run into LIDAR a fair amount. WI SP love running all sorts of equipment, but they don't hide all that well 80% of the time, but you'll run into one hiding in the trees.
That’s why I never speed in Wisconsin. There’s heavy enforcement I’ve noticed until you get passed Sauk county than it dies off all the way to the twin cities. Plus they target people like me with IL plates. I never speed up to Milwaukee on I-94, even though I see a ton of people with Wisconsin plates going 80+. Think they know everyone in IL on I-94 is flying up at 85+ and sit at the border.

protias

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s why I never speed in Wisconsin. There’s heavy enforcement I’ve noticed until you get passed Sauk county than it dies off all the way to the twin cities. Plus they target people like me with IL plates. I never speed up to Milwaukee on I-94, even though I see a ton of people with Wisconsin plates going 80+. Think they know everyone in IL on I-94 is flying up at 85+ and sit at the border.
IIRC, WI SP targets people doing 13+. I've been hit at 9+ and left alone.

Kenosha and Racine have been heavily patrolled because lots of people are doing 90+ through there, even when the PSL was still 65 (now 70, but still too slow, especially now with the new road and expanded to 4 lanes).

I'm sure the WI SP love to say, "Welcome to WI, here's your ticket."

bluesxturbo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
A lot of LEO shoot from behind now. I got one today, he shot laser from behind, and then came out, got behind me then IO KA 34.7. Luckily I was only going 5 over.

bluesxturbo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
ISP, CPD doesn’t really do speed enforcement. I’m in the west suburbs.

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

TheZombaslaya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads