TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks.

It does, If you enable it.

Basically there are bands that you enable GPS Learning On and Ones you don't.
The ones that GPS learn will create pins and modify their state (New, Learning, gpsMute, demoted).
Normally the bands that are not GPS learning are basically "ignored" by V1Driver, meaning it does nothing with them and lets the V1 Behave normally. Under Debug Settings there is and option that says "Create Ignore Pins", that will still drop them. But they do nothing, as far as behavior goes.
Very well explained, thank you.

romclean

MiNdLe$$ $ouL
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m also having problems with V1Driver now. It’s not dropping pins for k band falses ect. I was sitting in a Kroger parking lot this morning getting two alerts and nothing from v1 driver. It pretty much just showed me the frequency which was 24.113.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I’m also having problems with V1Driver now. It’s not dropping pins for k band falses ect. I was sitting in a Kroger parking lot this morning getting two alerts and nothing from v1 driver. It pretty much just showed me the frequency which was 24.113.

Did you follow this thread? Did you read the last couple of posts? Do you have “create ignore pins” enabled?

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Did you follow this thread? Did you read the last couple of posts? Do you have “create ignore pins” enabled?

@mswlogo doesn't drop pins. He drops the mic :dance:

romclean

MiNdLe$$ $ouL
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yup I followed the thread. I even factory reset the phone and reinstalled the app twice. It was working fine until the last update..

Last edited:

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yup I followed the thread. I even factory reset the phone and reinstalled the app twice. It was working fine until the last update..

App has not changed anything in this area recently. I assume you mean V1Driver update and not iOS update.

That’s a bit drastic factory resetting the phone.

What is gps accuracy?

What does display say about these alerts occur?

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ok good to know. I did get false laser alerts on my V1 Gen 1 often in the same locations. I know the laser function on the Gen 2 is still not really adequate to alert early enough but I do intend to keep it activated so having the GPS put down pins should be helpful.

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Once n’ awhile I won’t get pins due to the gps reception

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My XR wasn’t dropping pins. I watched the video and noted that GPS was in red and showing something like 5280 ft. Did same as you, reinstalled app... Then turned on debugging which George said was sometimes helpful in IOS.

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Attachments

• 298C1BE9-481B-4243-9463-162F12655CC9.jpeg
    298C1BE9-481B-4243-9463-162F12655CC9.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

You can bump up threshold to not be quite so critical. I set mine to 200 ft. You don’t want to go much higher than that.

Remember, the worst thing that will happen is you WILL get alerted. And not log a pin.

If poor GPS only happens occasionally it’s not a big deal.

romclean

MiNdLe$$ $ouL
Advanced User
Reaction score
Here’s an example where k band wasn’t logged via pin at my local academy.

Attachments

• 85F5F4FD-92F4-43E7-8F19-8ABFC02227AA.png
    85F5F4FD-92F4-43E7-8F19-8ABFC02227AA.png
    466.2 KB · Views: 77
  • E4B74B3A-1874-4FB9-9B30-1C5D0241F936.png
    E4B74B3A-1874-4FB9-9B30-1C5D0241F936.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 72

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Here’s an example where k band wasn’t logged via pin at my local academy.

It won’t drop Pins if Savvy is already muting it.

romclean

MiNdLe$$ $ouL
Advanced User
Reaction score
If it doesn’t alert, then there’s nothing to pin. But if it does alert, it doesn’t matter what mode it was in.
Just making sure. It keeps asking me to swap to little l but I prefer advance logic mode.
Post automatically merged:

Just making sure. It keeps asking me to swap to little l but I prefer advance logic mode.
It’s a 50/50 chance that v1 driver will create a pin for k band while driving 80-85mph on the freeway.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It keeps asking me to swap to little l but I prefer advance logic mode.
I think that’s because people keep complaining that it beeps once loudly before V1Driver can mute it when it’s in Advanced Logic. In regular Logic model it has a chance to see it and mute it before the V1 would normally change it to a loud/unmuted alert.

It’s a 50/50 chance that v1 driver will create a pin for k band while driving 80-85mph on the freeway.
I don’t think I have that problem, but it could be due to GPS being too sketchy, especially if you store the phone in a cubby or console bin, etc. If the GPS accuracy isn’t good enough, most of V1Driver’s GPS functionality will be suspended until it gets back under the threshold defined in Settings > GPS Settings > Accuracy in Distance.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Post automatically merged:

If you want it to stop nagging you about Advanced Logic just click Suppress. They are just suggestions.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwr