No dropping / logging pins

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am sorry but I am having general difficulty with this app. No issues with it loading or crashing. for some reason it’s just not intuitive, and I just can’t figure it out. I will go watch the 45 min or 1 hour tutorial video like I keep saying.

I like technology and I’ve been dealing with computers since I got my first computer in 1983- a commodore VIC 20 with 3K RAM with an external cassette tape data recorder.

some stuff is straightforward like in the settings. I get that.

I don’t care anything about Savvy or low speed muting. I also don’t care about GPS lockouts either. :)

here is what I want out of this app-

1) Voice alerts telling me the frequency. It seems to voice alert OK for KA but doesn’t do it for K. Maybe it’s because I’m running in logic mode and it’s muting those 1 and 2 bar alerts. I get no voice K frequency alerts.

2) pin drops of all my alerts that I can go back later and look at. I had a 35.5 KA alert this morning for a good half a mile. The voice activated telling me the frequency, and I got a push alert badge on the phone with the frequency. But it never did drop any pins on the map when I went back. It did not drop any pins of some K alerts around town either. But it did drop 3 pins of some K alerts outside my office. Those may have been 3 bars. I don’t know if it has to do with detecting from the front or rear antenna? but I had a moving 35.5 oncoming alert this morning and no pins were dropped.

Here are some of my settings. I deal with lotta complex stuff but this app has got me stumped. :mmmsmug:

0ED49936-0D4E-4CD5-8A3F-1C58B3510264.png
C510329F-8482-4926-95F5-5F118364DBEF.png
DB2EE448-696A-4776-A634-6CEA33EA609A.png
D844CEBD-8B2C-4BA4-8EE9-70C023792EBC.png
58847D6C-D7AA-430F-8014-CEC24A37206F.png
59D3FEB6-3E25-4DCD-A78C-2E6ADD4DA10A.png
5E2281C5-A774-4778-BF5B-927BE1872F97.png

Daaavid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
1) Voice alerts telling me the frequency. It seems to voice alert OK for KA but doesn’t do it for K. Maybe it’s because I’m running in logic mode and it’s muting those 1 and 2 bar alerts. I get no voice K frequency alerts.

2) pin drops of all my alerts that I can go back later and look at.
I'll let others assist with you #1 but for #2, that setting is actually buried in the "Debug Settings" menu.

In there, make sure that "Create Ignore Pins" is enabled.

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah I just watched the one hour video and saw that.

I checked and I had that enabled.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I understand that what you’re looking for isn’t really the focus of the app (which us generally speaking super fancy automatic muting), so there may be some nuances that aren’t quite right for exactly what you’re wanting. Let’s find out.

You didn’t post your Savvy Settings, but I’m pretty sure it won’t voice announce (or alert on iOS) to any muted signals. The idea is that if it’s muted by whichever mechanism, then you don’t really need to know and wouldn’t want to be bothered about it. It’s surprising that you’re using HFP, though, unless maybe your primary in-car stereo usage is rarely on Bluetooth audio (terrestrial or satellite radio, maybe, CD, that sort of thing).

2) pin drops of all my alerts that I can go back later and look at. I had a 35.5 KA alert this morning for a good half a mile. The voice activated telling me the frequency, and I got a push alert badge on the phone with the frequency.
If you have “create ignore pins” enabled, then it should be dropping pins for anything that’s not muted. But if you have Savvy Settings configured to mute Ka, that could explain it? I don’t know.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I understand that what you’re looking for isn’t really the focus of the app (which us generally speaking super fancy automatic muting), so there may be some nuances that aren’t quite right for exactly what you’re wanting. Let’s find out.

You didn’t post your Savvy Settings, but I’m pretty sure it won’t voice announce (or alert on iOS) to any muted signals. The idea is that if it’s muted by whichever mechanism, then you don’t really need to know and wouldn’t want to be bothered about it. It’s surprising that you’re using HFP, though, unless maybe your primary in-car stereo usage is rarely on Bluetooth audio (terrestrial or satellite radio, maybe, CD, that sort of thing).

If you have “create ignore pins” enabled, then it should be dropping pins for anything that’s not muted. But if you have Savvy Settings configured to mute Ka, that could explain it? I don’t know.

Right and thanks.

On Savvy Page Turn Off All Bands.

Now, why you want Voice Alerts while in a Parking Lot of Door openers is another matter ;)

I would recommend From Factory Default

On Savvy Settings - Set Savvy Speed really low, like 5 MPH
On GPS Settings - Set Auto Learn K : Off
On Debug Settings - Set Create Ignore Pins : On

You should get Voice on Everything if Moving, but not when Parking.
You still need good GPS Accuracy to Drop any Pin (including Ignore Pins).

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks @Deacon and @mswlogo

let me tinker with this and check my settings
Post automatically merged:

I’ve turned HFP off. This all helps. Understanding what it does and doesn’t do helps.

I did have “create ignore pins” on, and it did not drop pins on the moving Ka hit this morning. Maybe the GPS lost connection.

Last edited:

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Thanks @Deacon and @mswlogo

let me tinker with this and check my settings
Post automatically merged:

I’ve turned HFP off. This all helps. Understanding what it does and doesn’t do helps.

I did have “create ignore pins” on, and it did not drop pins on the moving Ka hit this morning. Maybe the GPS lost connection.

For the record GPS doesn't lose connection. But you are correct that poor GPS quality could prevent dropping a pin.
If your accuracy is bad it doesn't want to drop pins in the wrong place.

You can set alarm if GPS is poor. You don't need to stare at the screen.

Not sure what HFP has to do with dropping pins or not. There is almost no reason to turn that off. Unless you just don't want to hear the alert in some conditions. Like if listening to FM Radio you won't get anything with that off.

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
Can somebody help me figure out how to get pins to drop for Ka alerts? It only does K. It will not drop for Ka. Thanks

8B48EF40-9253-425B-8520-AB8A862519CC.jpeg

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Can somebody help me figure out how to get pins to drop for Ka alerts? It only does K. It will not drop for Ka. Thanks

View attachment 144418

Looks like, you have it set correctly.

They should be dropped as "logged" pins that are "cyan" in color.
Versus the K ones will be various colors depending on their state (Black, Red, Green etc.)

Also when you do encounter a Ka, the main screen should display "ignored" (meaning it won't attempt to mute it).
And hence the weird name of the switch "Create ignore pins".

You could post a screen shot of your map (if you feel comfortable with that).
As well as any Setting page that includes something "Ka" specific (gps, Savvy, etc.).

I see you did post screen shots earlier. You have some unusual settings posted earlier. But you said you are seeing K pins, so that's good and would not jive with your earlier screen shots.

You can send me a log file if you want, which includes all your settings, ideally a log file that includes a Ka encounter that should be recorded.

Last edited:

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
Sure. No problem. I had a Ka 34.5 visual alert on the Gen2 and a voice frequency ID in this spot today right near where I had the K false. Thanks

9B2470D3-081F-454E-B237-12BB440DAF33.jpeg
42E42ED3-FE11-4DB7-923C-25C63A22C81C.png
66B33FCC-3E40-4690-89B9-EEE9F1BB439A.png
6463566D-AB6E-4C54-8A7C-D8C591D541F9.png
FA52774F-28B2-4F74-8A55-CE51ED0432CC.png
DB183E96-5CC5-494D-B6A4-6A5748BD9212.png

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Sure. No problem. I had a Ka 34.5 visual alert on the Gen2 and a voice frequency ID in this spot today right near where I had the K false. Thanks

View attachment 144421 View attachment 144422 View attachment 144423 View attachment 144424 View attachment 144425 View attachment 144426

Looks good. Send Log and/or Monitor what the Display says when you encounter the Ka.

Only thing I can think of is if you didn't have good GPS Accuracy when you hit that Ka, and if wasn't good it will not drop a pin, but Voice alert would still fire. But the Display or Log will confirm that.

I just double checked my Map and have 43 Ka logged pins in the last week or so (most being one long encounter).

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
@mswlogo so want me to send the log file? I think that’s what you said to do.
iOS 13.3.1 iPhone 11 128 gb

it dropped a pin for the K right there nearby. It also did not drop a Ka pin last week. Maybe a gps perfect storm

Last edited:

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
@mswlogo so want me to send the log file? I think that’s what you said to do.
iOS 13.3.1 iPhone 11 128 gb

it dropped a pin for the K right there nearby. It also did not drop a Ka pin last week. Maybe a gps perfect storm

Yes, if you already had the log on in the last 24 hours and had that Ka miss within last 24 you can send it now.
Otherwise send the log after the next Ka miss.

Reminder, you get one chance at sending the log, once you click the send log button to send log is immediately deleted. Don't cancel and send later.

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok sending log in next few minutes. Thanks for help.

I forgot to mention, I did get the V1Driver push alert on the phone in the locked position- like a news alert badge when the Ka 34.5 alerted.

also Ka 35.5 hit was around 4:20-4:40 PM.

Last edited:

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
Had a Ka pin drop today
531DE6B2-60F0-4ACE-80C8-D2081E72CA11.png

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I understand V1 Driver will drop pins for K and Ka band. Will it also drop pins for laser?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yes it does

Thanks.

It does, If you enable it.

Basically there are bands that you enable GPS Learning On and Ones you don't.
The ones that GPS learn will create pins and modify their state (New, Learning, gpsMute, demoted).
Normally the bands that are not GPS learning are basically "ignored" by V1Driver, meaning it does nothing with them and lets the V1 Behave normally. Under Debug Settings there is and option that says "Create Ignore Pins", that will still drop them. But they do nothing, as far as behavior goes.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwr