V1G2 Extreme Laser Falsing

jdong

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the laser sensor is working? Mine's been very quiet on laser falsing, too. But my front laser sensor isn't working. I'll be sending it back to be repaired once the CV stuff is over with. If it starts falsing a lot after that, I'll just turn laser detection off.
Lol I was going to ask the same thing. I always feel wary when hearing someone say the V1 coexists well with LIDAR falses in the cabin. Mine falses to dimmed Phillips Hue bulbs in the same room and to Mazdas 5 car distances behind me from the rear. It is unlikely to behave quietly with wide angle LIDAR projectors like hand gesturing and face tracking systems in the same car.

Bloozeman

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Are you sure the laser sensor is working? Mine's been very quiet on laser falsing, too. But my front laser sensor isn't working. I'll be sending it back to be repaired once the CV stuff is over with. If it starts falsing a lot after that, I'll just turn laser detection off.
That's a good question as between becoming a hermit due to the COVID-19 self-isolation (I was in Mexico for the family Spring Break so being extra cautious) I do not really have much drive time with the new Gen2. However, when I did move it into position of the Blendmount the rear laser lit up so I know that one is working for sure.

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You might want to check and make sure the front sensor is also working. There’s been reports that some do not, which is crazy to think we have to test a new detector out of the box and cannot just blindly trust it to protect us without doing so.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I get about 1-2 false laser an hour. My old V1 hardly ever false that way. Valentine will have to address this problem, or you can turn it off. I leave it on it's better than nothing.

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
FYI, my gen 1 laser falses to Volvo’s and newer Mazda’s on a regular basis. It’s expected. The internals (focal lens) looks the same between the gen 1 and 2, but it’s possible the actual detection circuitry behind all that for laser or its logic has been improved for better sensitivity, which could lead to more falses. Maybe that’s what you guys are experiencing if you didn’t with the previous gens. Still, hard to believe you didn’t get any legit falses on your old gen.

nhojyelbom

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
weird i have had less false's with the v1g2. anyone know if IR laser will work for testing?

JOutterbridge

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Strangely enough, i've been using mine for 2 weeks and only get false alerts once per 100 miles or so. EZ pass and roadside radar always set it off. For me the Logic Mode really silences everything except what I need to know. Are you guys making sure you set it up via smartphone? My first week I only had 2 chirps so I was worried it didn't work at all. Newer vehicles will show up but it auto silences the weak alert. Volume settings are quite adjustable....

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
crazy to think we have to test a new detector out of the box and cannot just blindly trust it to protect us without doing so.
The only times my R3 has gone off to laser were definite and startling falses. I just turned it off because I don’t rely on windshield detectors for lidar defense.

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The only times my R3 has gone off to laser were definite and startling falses. I just turned it off because I don’t rely on windshield detectors for lidar defense.
I’ve had 3 legit hits on laser and they were all saves for me. Can’t tell you if the cop saw me slow down and then didn’t bother afterwards, but each one would have been different without it, so for me it works. Both were also quite a ways away to a degree and behind other cars, so I’ll take V1’s laser detection over other detectors anyway.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You might want to check and make sure the front sensor is also working. There’s been reports that some do not, which is crazy to think we have to test a new detector out of the box and cannot just blindly trust it to protect us without doing so.
Laser doesn't really protect us.

Daaavid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You can test laser by just placing your phone in front of the V1 and hit the unlock button on your phone if there's an IR sensor. If you have an iPhone, Face ID will trigger an IR sensor and it will trip the V1.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been running my V1G2 for "2 weeks" now and haven't had even one Ka or laser false. I tested it with my laser tester and it works fine both front and rear.

Deadhead1971

Three Sheets to the Wind
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've been running my V1G2 for "2 weeks" now and haven't had even one Ka or laser false. I tested it with my laser tester and it works fine both front and rear.
are you running Ka wide open? No Ka custom frequencies?

MarvC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Can you check the unit with an IR TV remote???? Specifically al Logitech Harmony One control unit?

MarvC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
OK...Just tried testing the V1 with the remote, triggered an alarm for the rear but no alarm for the front.. Verified settings and all is correct.
I've had three valid laser tags two weeks ago, nothing since????
All else works perfectly....

Last edited:

Deadhead1971

Three Sheets to the Wind
Advanced User
Reaction score
OK...Just tried testing the V1 with the remote, triggered an alarm for the rear but no alarm for the front.. Verified setting and all is correct.
I've had three valid laser tags two weeks ago, nothing since????
All else works perfectly....
@Brainstorm69 this sorta sounds like your unit- rear sensor only responding to handheld tester.

@MarvC I’ll try this tv remote thing too in about 20 min and see if the front alerts. My front laser sensor has had a few falses (arrow front).

MarvC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks... By front I mean the windshield view detection...:)

Last edited:

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@Brainstorm69 this sorta sounds like your unit- rear sensor only responding to handheld tester.

@MarvC I’ll try this tv remote thing too in about 20 min and see if the front alerts. My front laser sensor has had a few falses (arrow front).
Yup sounds like mine. Will alert to laser from the display (back) side, but not from the condenser lens (front) side.

MarvC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
In a way that's good, I've had hits on the front a few weeks ago, Police have decreased traffic enforcement greatly, that may explain no recent hits...

Thanks for verifying this for me, shades of sending it in for repair were crossing my mind.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rush2112md