V1G2 MRCD Testing Results

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I took the V1G2 out today to my local corn-field MRCD cams.
(These are the same cams I previously tested the R3 on - They are K 24.132 - So I have a baseline)
There are no other K-band polluters for miles, so it's a very clean-room type test.

IMG_0800.PNG

This is when parked at point-blank range in front of the cams in Factory mode (K-verifier on, Adv Logic mode).

Couple of observations:
The V1G2 detects the 24.132 fairly well at distance (about the same or better than the R3) - BUT....
K-Verifier needs to be off in order for these detections to occur.
While I got some PT at point-blank range with K-verifier on, it's not usable in the real world unfortunately.

With K-verifier off, the V1G2 matches or betters the R3 detection range, but also must be seeing ghosting as the bogey counter hunts around quite a bit.

I was hoping for better results, but we can hope for one of MV's "science projects" to pan out and we get an update!

woopies

Lurking
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Neat! Multiple bogies because its FM?

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Now Is 2020, not 1995.

jdong

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool! So it seems like it matches our theory, it's theoretically capable of detecting MRCD as well as or maybe even better than other traditional detectors but right now K-Verifier filters them out as a BSM-like signal.

Will at minimum take additional software work on Valentine's part to make this a meaningful feature.

cihkal

Retired from the Forum, Adios! WWG1WGA
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt this is MRCD.
How did this get verified?
@Heywood can you identify what this signal is?
Take a chill pill bud....

Let's not immediately come into the room like that, shall we lol?

The new V1 arrives and this happens lol.

I believe this is MRCT if this user is in USA. I think they were picking up the three MRCT channels from the one and the 24.08X channel? from the second cam (4th signal) which is typically an easy channel to grab.

OP what were the frequencies if you know them? That should answer our question quickly.

Edit:

It's MRCT (still Multaradar), saw the cams.

I drive by them daily in Chicago. That's how the V1 boys do it, we answer questions efficiently!

Attachments

Last edited:

ARkaband

Safe Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Could you send me a google maps link to where this is? It's crazy to see speed cameras on a 25 mph backroad in what seems to be the complete middle of nowhere. Thanks for your test!

pipinos1976

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That's the same results I had in Greece vs Gatso cams when I tested V1 Gen 1. With TMF on no detection until I passed the cam. When facing the camera detection at about 400m.
This thing proves that it's a matter of software. If the most sensitive V1 Gen 2 has the same behaviour against these difficult cams then Valentine choose this kind of functionality. We hope in the future there will be something that gives a chance to all drivers.

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Advanced User
Reaction score
Take a chill pill bud....

Let's not immediately come into the room like that, shall we lol?

The new V1 arrives and this happens lol.

I believe this is MRCT if this user is in USA. I think they were picking up the three MRCT channels from the one and the 24.08X channel? from the second cam (4th signal) which is typically an easy channel to grab.

OP what were the frequencies if you know them? That should answer our question quickly.

Edit:

It's MRCT (still Multaradar), saw the cams.

I drive by them daily in Chicago. That's how the V1 boys do it, we answer questions efficiently!
Chill pill?
What are you reading into my post.
You immediately jump into V1 defense mode and the question was about the camera system if this MRCD?
It's an important distinction.
Thank you for providing information as to it probably being MRCT, which is what I wanted to have advice on.

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Guys - I really don't care if we call it FART - It's a legit speed detection signal in the K band.
They don't run them 24/7 and I like the situational awareness to know when they are/aren't snapping pictures.

BTW:The R3 (on 1.46) alerts to it VERY well as "MRCD" (because it doesn't differentiate MRXX signals)
Post automatically merged:

Cool! So it seems like it matches our theory, it's theoretically capable of detecting MRCD as well as or maybe even better than other traditional detectors but right now K-Verifier filters them out as a BSM-like signal.

Will at minimum take additional software work on Valentine's part to make this a meaningful feature.
Exactly the point of my test!
The V1G2 can see it - it just isn't able to process/display it as a legit threat vs. K-band noise...

@cihkal - Yes, now that I look back through my App/picts, I was seeing 24.083 in addition to 24.132.

Could you send me a google maps link to where this is? It's crazy to see speed cameras on a 25 mph backroad in what seems to be the complete middle of nowhere. Thanks for your test!
This is in NW Maryland (fairly rural) - US. The county has a contractor that has installed them at ALL of the schools - We've got a lot of Schools in the middle of nowhere, and bamn, there's a cam.
As I said, they don't run them 24/7 and it's nice to now when you can continue (at the posted 45mph of course :giggity:) down the barren country 2-lane without having to burn brake pads down to 25...s

Last edited:

cihkal

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys - I really don't care if we call it FART - It's a legit speed detection signal in the K band.
They don't run them 24/7 and I like the situational awareness to know when they are/aren't snapping pictures.

BTW:The R3 (on 1.46) alerts to it VERY well as "MRCD" (because it doesn't differentiate MRXX signals)

The V1G2 can see it - it just isn't able to process/display it as a legit threat vs. K-band noise...

@cihkal - Yes, now that I look back through my App/picts, I was seeing 24.083 in addition to 24.132.

This is in NW Maryland (fairly rural) - US. The county has a contractor that has installed them at ALL of the schools - We've got a lot of Schools in the middle of nowhere, and bamn, there's a cam.
As I said, they don't run them 24/7 and it's nice to now when you can continue (at the posted 45mph of course :giggity:) down the barren country 2-lane without having to burn brake pads down to 25...s
Yep it's MRCT like I see next to my place.

I think VR will release an update in the future like they mentioned, but for now you would need to rely on JBV1 or Waze.

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yep it's MRCT like I see next to my place.

I think VR will release an update in the future like they mentioned, but for now you would need to rely on JBV1 or Waze.
I hope there's an update at some point.

I can post in the JBV1 forum, but can you use JBV1 to turn K-verifier on/off based on a GPS area?
That would be a stop-gap for us that face MRXX in known areas (ie towns/local roads).

cihkal

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope there's an update at some point.

I can post in the JBV1 forum, but can you use JBV1 to turn K-verifier on/off based on a GPS area?
That would be a stop-gap for us that face MRXX in known areas (ie towns/local roads).
Seeing they can filter out the Mazda CX-5, I have strong belief they will when they are ready to.

You could use profiles to change settings, or more specifically toggle KV.

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
JB just responded that it is supported using Auto Profile Overrides!

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
awesome and thanks - any thoughts about testing the lastest r3 firmware v1.53?

i assume running in all bogie mode makes no difference?

Last edited:

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
awesome and thanks - any thoughts about testing the lastest r3 firmware v1.53?

i assume running in all bogie mode makes no difference?
I did actually test 1.53 on the R3 against the same cams - MUCH better results than 1.50 and even 1.46 (better range and more consistant “MRCD” alert) - I’ll see if I can get a video up next week.

As far as the V1G2, AFAIK the only difference from all bogies to logic modes are that logic alerts low K band sniffs in mute mode but its still alerting so no different than all bogies....

Rocketman68

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I took the V1G2 out today to my local corn-field MRCD cams.
(These are the same cams I previously tested the R3 on - They are K 24.132 - So I have a baseline)
There are no other K-band polluters for miles, so it's a very clean-room type test.

View attachment 142562
This is when parked at point-blank range in front of the cams in Factory mode (K-verifier on, Adv Logic mode).

Couple of observations:
The V1G2 detects the 24.132 fairly well at distance (about the same or better than the R3) - BUT....
K-Verifier needs to be off in order for these detections to occur.
While I got some PT at point-blank range with K-verifier on, it's not usable in the real world unfortunately.

With K-verifier off, the V1G2 matches or betters the R3 detection range, but also must be seeing ghosting as the bogey counter hunts around quite a bit.

I was hoping for better results, but we can hope for one of MV's "science projects" to pan out and we get an update!

Ok, Il and Va have these units. Any other states using them? How about Ohio and Michigan? Anyone know. Tnx

chassis221

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I'm not sure about other states but I've driven in MD many times aren't there usually signs to notify you of speed cameras ahead?
I'm in Pa so I normally don't speed on so called local streets since they use vascar or Enradd . Highway is a different story completely. So my question is why are people so worried about speed cameras if there is signage stating that photo radar will be in use.

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
AFAIK the only difference from all bogies to logic modes are that logic alerts low K band sniffs in mute mode but its still alerting so no different than all bogies....
At the top you said you were in Advanced Logic mode. (Big L)
That mode completely silences and hides K-band signals like these. (Until they are hot enough to burn through.)
Logic mode (Small L) shows the alerts and mutes the audio to a lower volume.
If you get a chance, you might try this again in All bogies and experiment with JBV1's new draw feature in Automatic Profile Overrides.

Having said that, there are probably simpler ways to be alerted with JBV1. It already includes a camera database that might already have these cameras in it. Another option is to use one of the User Marks to mark them for your personal use.

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm not sure about other states but I've driven in MD many times aren't there usually signs to notify you of speed cameras ahead?
I'm in Pa so I normally don't speed on so called local streets since they use vascar or Enradd . Highway is a different story completely. So my question is why are people so worried about speed cameras if there is signage stating that photo radar will be in use.
They are marked yes - But the county doesn't run them 24/7.
I, for one, like to know when they are not running, because they are on a 2-lane country road in the middle of nowhere and if you're going through at 11pm, it's nice to not have to remove another layer of brake pads....

At the top you said you were in Advanced Logic mode. (Big L)
I was NOT in Advanced Logic mode. (Big L) for the road test - did I say that?? I can't find where I did... If I did, I'll edit it because it was incorrect.
I understand the Big L mode - That's why I didn't run it for this test.

You can clearly see in the Video I'm in Logic mode (Little L) - Which shouldn't have any differences between All Bogies mode as far as alerts (only muted vs non-muted sound).

EDIT - OK - I see the confusion... For that still image when I was parked in front of the cam, I went to Adv Logic (big L) - But ONLY for that image. When I ran the course, I went to Logic (Little L) mode.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beemerchef