***Second Generation Valentine One Issues Thread***

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
@HotIce If you have time, can you go through the thread and update the OP with the various other issues that have been reported? Links to the reports and/or users that have reported them would be helpful as well should we need clarification. Thanks!

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The V1G2 is a great detector but out of the box forget it. You must program it to get it to calm down.
Interesting. That seems counter to the vast majority of the experiences of others, where taking it out of the box and putting it on the windshield leaves it so quiet it occasionally causes concern. Instead of taking it out of the box and immediately fiddling with every option, you might want to consider doing a factory reset and trying again.

First use the V1 Connection app on Valentines web sight to get the basic settings then go and get V1 Driver($10) for the I phone or YaV1 for android phones.
Can you even get YaV1 anymore? It's not recommended for anyone. V1Driver is available for Android and iOS, and JBV1 is available on Android, and both are better choices all the way around. Neither require any interaction from you whatsoever. They're both happy to run entirely in the background so that you never have to think about them even existing, if you'd rather not. And they do their job better than any other detector on the market today can do.

Also no MRCD detection, but they say that will come later. We will see if that happens.
Thankfully most people don't need mobile MRCD detection. Sadly, the likes of the 360c aren't any good at it, either.

Go and get a 360c for an extra $100 to 150. It will do all the things I've talked about here for you and do it well.
Well, to be fair it won't do any of it as well as the V1G2.

All you need is WiFi in your car, just put it on your windshield & plug it in.
How am I supposed to get hassle-free WiFi in my vehicle? It doesn't have in-car Wifi, and I wouldn't want to have to pay for that even if it had that option.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Also you will need WAZE for the red light & speed cam locations if you need that. So you have to run two apps at the same time to make up for the things the V1G2 does not have on it's own. you and do it well. All you need is WiFi in your car, just put it on your windshield & plug it in.
Nope. CSA's, user marks and RLC/SC database are all available in JBV1.

HotIce

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@HotIce If you have time, can you go through the thread and update the OP with the various other issues that have been reported? Links to the reports and/or users that have reported them would be helpful as well should we need clarification. Thanks!
I think I can do that. :)

jdong

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got some ghosting as well today, after a confirmed 34.7 hit passed to the rear, the bogey counter went up from 2 to 9 (2 is correct) with a bunch of weak 34.7xx and 35.3 alerts.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a ton of KA falses today in spots that I've driven through a ton of times for over a year and it just happened today for the first time.

Attachments

Last edited:

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a ton of KA falses today in spots that I've driven through a TON of times for over a year and it just happened today for the first time. They need to update the software asap
Are you running custom frequencies or just default settings?

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I did see something similar to what V1Jake shows today as well.

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
I run Ka custom frequencies similar but not exact to 2, 5, 6, and 8 on a uniden

no ka fslses

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I run Ka custom frequencies similar but not exact to 2, 5, 6, and 8 on a uniden

no ka fslses
Just to be sure that we are all talking the same language because... internet... :D

You are running Custom Frequencies that equate to segments 2, 5, 6, and 8 on a Gen2 and you aren't seeing Ka falses.

That makes sense to me. My major sources of Ka falses have been in segment 3. (34.1xx)

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Using USA mode and native freqs, I had one J out. With CF's 34.400 to 35.100 - nothing.
CF's on K band cut falses to almost zero, but I only go to 24.110. No use for anyone facing mobile K.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
34.66x alert from NYPD yesterday, strong signal with him approaching... got junked then re-alerted with a ton of ka falses

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
34.66x alert from NYPD yesterday, strong signal with him approaching... got junked then re-alerted with a ton of ka falses
Not sure what is going on there. I went back and re-read your post from Saturday. Falses as in ghosting signals?

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure what is going on there. I went back and re-read your post from Saturday. Falses as in ghosting signals?
ghosting/falsing same thing in my eyes. Non-legit signals spewed out by the detector from filtering issues

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
There's something weird going on. Granted, I haven't driven as much lately, but Ka and Laser falsing is almost non existent. I have no Ka muting other than whatever is native to Gen 2.

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
All 3 modes. A - L - l
Shots from rear (Display Side)
Front sensor didn’t seem to react.
View attachment 143718
Lost forward arrow pic somehow 🤨

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!
A9B2B07C-D298-437E-B4CE-82368B5ADDC2.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
There's something weird going on. Granted, I haven't driven as much lately, but Ka and Laser falsing is almost non existent. I have no Ka muting other than whatever is native to Gen 2.
You might want to use an IR remote to test your laser sensors if you aren't getting any laser falses.

Post automatically merged:

All 3 modes. A - L - l
Shots from rear (Display Side)
Front sensor didn’t seem to react.
View attachment 143718
Lost forward arrow pic somehow 🤨

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!View attachment 143714
So are you saying your front laser sensor doesn't seem to be working?

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cobber