ALP GPS location - a pillar window?

Tb12

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Currently have my GPS tucked under the dash (basically just behind the A pillar, it gets covered by the door when it's closed) and getting some slow lock-in and slow response to speed.

So, time to move it. The easiest, lowest impact (stealth-wise) location while still leaving it exposed on the dash would be to tuck it into the A pillar window (mounted on the dash facing up and out) of my Mk7 Golf - see image below.

lM6Qsmq.png

Now, this is a fairly deep "hole" so it doesn't have unobstructed view of the sky, but it would have a real good view out that window. Worth trying or am I wasting my time and I should just bite the bullet and find a better place on top of the dash?

atown1893

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have mine installed behind the A pillar of my F150 never had an issue

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Currently have my GPS tucked under the dash (basically just behind the A pillar, it gets covered by the door when it's closed) and getting some slow lock-in and slow response to speed.

So, time to move it. The easiest, lowest impact (stealth-wise) location while still leaving it exposed on the dash would be to tuck it into the A pillar window (mounted on the dash facing up and out) of my Mk7 Golf - see image below.

View attachment 142530

Now, this is a fairly deep "hole" so it doesn't have unobstructed view of the sky, but it would have a real good view out that window. Worth trying or am I wasting my time and I should just bite the bullet and find a better place on top of the dash?
trail by error as comparing where to hide differs from one vehicle to another i cant tell you where to hide the unit

maybe try to run it in a few locations over the next few days find what works best for you

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Under the dash and glove box. No issue

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Mine is under the dash sitting on an air vent duct, driver's side. With the "A" pillar being metal it throws a RF shadow (as does the roof and anything else metal) and increases your chances of not getting a signal. You could try moving it more toward the center of the dash underside - the cable is certainly long enough.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761