This guy got tagged at 150mph on a bike with LIDAR by California Highway Patrol

JustinP

PSL +PSL
Advanced User
Reaction score
Back in another life, we worked out that if you don't lose a cop in the first 30 seconds your odds fall dramatically.
There are exceptions, like the guy I bought one of my bikes off. He was chased for 30-40 minutes, every time he lost one cop, another picked him up because they had extra cops in the area doing alcohol checkpoints. Then they got the chopper in, and he lost that too.
He made it home and hid in the attic for the rest of the night.
That explained the seriously chamfered pegs on that bike.
I'd generally agree with that. Need to use your acceleration advantage quickly. These days you have PPV's that can do 130-150MPH. Not that I'd ever do something like that, of course.

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My concours 14 can (and has) hit 160 mph with some power to spare...

But I have never been caught, I don't know if i would stop at that speed. I would keep going

Starbuck

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Would love one of these! Hard to go slow on a bike.

1584494024785.png

schissler

Banned
Banned User
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lot of times they just follow them with air support and nail them when they stop.

As a former motorcycle dare devil, you still have some time before a chopper is anywhere near you. The trick here is to get out of sight and to some covered parking ASAP lol.

Also, most people don't realize helicopters are pretty slow. Street bikes, especially the Liter bikes will easily outrun a helicopter if the highway allows it.

STS-134

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
My concours 14 can (and has) hit 160 mph with some power to spare...

But I have never been caught, I don't know if i would stop at that speed. I would keep going
Why the hell would you NOT stop unless you fail to do proper analysis of what you're facing?

Worst case if you stop: Mandatory court appearance. Infraction, $880 fine, 2 points on license if convicted.

Worst case if you run: Evading charge. If prosecuted as a misdemeanor and you are convicted, mandatory jail sentence of 6 to 12 months and $1000 fine. If prosecuted as a felony and you are convicted, mandatory jail sentence of 16 months to 3 years and $10000 fine. And of course you then have restrictions on owning firearms and all sorts of stuff that comes with being a convicted felon.

CVC 22348(b) (speed over 100 mph) is serious, but might not even get your license revoked. Even if it does, it will be a maximum of 30 days. Mandatory license suspension would be 6 months, if you are stupid enough to get convicted of CVC 22348(b) TWICE in less than 3 years. Running from the cops turns this into a potential felony with mandatory jail time for the first offense.

Last edited:

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Why the hell would you NOT stop unless you fail to do proper analysis of what you're facing?

Worst case if you stop: Mandatory court appearance. Infraction, $880 fine, 2 points on license if convicted.

Worst case if you run: Evading charge. If prosecuted as a misdemeanor and you are convicted, mandatory jail sentence of 6 to 12 months and $1000 fine. If prosecuted as a felony and you are convicted, mandatory jail sentence of 16 months to 3 years and $10000 fine. And of course you then have restrictions on owning firearms and all sorts of stuff that comes with being a convicted felon.

CVC 22348(b) (speed over 100 mph) is serious, but might not even get your license revoked. Even if it does, it will be a maximum of 30 days. Mandatory license suspension would be 6 months, if you are stupid enough to get convicted of CVC 22348(b) TWICE in less than 3 years. Running from the cops turns this into a potential felony with mandatory jail time for the first offense.
I mean it is a gamble I have never ran from the cops, but cops here in Florida are not allowed to chase bikes so they may not even try to go after you unless you see them and pull over.

I would surely pull over if he gets behind me though , they have to prove you were trying to run away, so he would have to get off his hiding hole and catch a motorcycle doing 160 mph + with lights and siren and then you continue to get away even as the cop gets behind you to be considered fleeing and eluding.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

JustinP

PSL +PSL
Advanced User
Reaction score

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm guessing that in California, he found one small open stretch of road and opened it up. Then hit the next section of the other million miles of freeway that were bumper to bumper and slowed down. For sure there were plenty of other CHIP's hangin out nearby. On a quick weekend trip there 2 weeks ago, we saw at least 4 or 5 CHP every night driving with people pulled over. About half of them were on the BMW bikes.

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My guess is another motorcycle may have pulled him over.

atc250r

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'd generally agree with that. Need to use your acceleration advantage quickly. These days you have PPV's that can do 130-150MPH. Not that I'd ever do something like that, of course.
@JustinP, just read your profile and see you ride a H2SX SE. nice bike. I‘m wondering if I’d be happy selling my BMW K1600GT for one. Any non-biased opinion for me?

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@JustinP, just read your profile and see you ride a H2SX SE. nice bike. I‘m wondering if I’d be happy selling my BMW K1600GT for one. Any non-biased opinion for me?
Seems to be a hit.

JustinP

PSL +PSL
Advanced User
Reaction score
That really depends on what you are looking for in a bike. They are both awesome machines. The H2 SX is pretty much as sporty as you can go on the sport-touring spectrum. It's a total hoot if your primary concerns are insane performance, speed and handling. The trade off is that it doesn't have nearly as much creature comforts as the K1600. So yeah, if you're looking for something more sporty, then the H2 SX is a great bike. It's definitely a smile generator :D.

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Go bmw! My grandad has the k1300s and my uncle has the r1000rr

atc250r

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That really depends on what you are looking for in a bike. They are both awesome machines. The H2 SX is pretty much as sporty as you can go on the sport-touring spectrum. It's a total hoot if your primary concerns are insane performance, speed and handling. The trade off is that it doesn't have nearly as much creature comforts as the K1600. So yeah, if you're looking for something more sporty, then the H2 SX is a great bike. It's definitely a smile generator :D.
I really need to ride one. Local dealer won't let me test ride one, unless I'm ready to "buy that day". I don't make decisions that quick, so I'm not going to commit to that.

PointerCone

M3 Kng
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Trial by Written Declaration - gonna be fun to see how *that* is received by the Court.

:20bux:
I can hear the defense now: He was running from Covid19...............

JustinP

PSL +PSL
Advanced User
Reaction score
I really need to ride one. Local dealer won't let me test ride one, unless I'm ready to "buy that day". I don't make decisions that quick, so I'm not going to commit to that.
Cause everyone needs a 260 WHP "touring" bike :D. Full system and MRX02 fuel. Mine is 218 WHP with just a slip on and flash.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samkuzma