Android to iPhone

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I've been an Android guy my entire life. Love how customizable it is. However I needed a new phone after having a Pixel 2XL for a while. I really didn't like any of the Android phones out there, so decided to say screw it and go to an 11 Pro Max.

I gotta say, I'm really freaking out! What a change. Not sure I like it, the gestures are so much clunkier than the Pixel. The notifications are weird. Gonna give it a few days before I decide to go back to Android and suck up the fact that I don't like any of the current phones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think anyone is going to be resistant to any type of change. Whether it's from iphone to android or android to iphone.

As far as "clunkier", I don't think the gestures are all that's different to Android 10. I would probably use it for a few weeks. It takes some repetition to get use to a new way to use a phone and that's not going to happen in a couple of days,

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I think anyone is going to be resistant to any type of change. Whether it's from iphone to android or android to iphone.

As far as "clunkier", I don't think the gestures are all that's different to Android 10. I would probably use it for a few weeks. It takes some repetition to get use to a new way to use a phone and that's not going to happen in a couple of days,

Good point. The gestures to close apps and swipe away notifications seemed much swifter on the Pixel. And the scrolling speed is significantly slower on the iPhone. I have 14 days to change my mind, so we'll see what happens haha

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good point. The gestures to close apps and swipe away notifications seemed much swifter on the Pixel. And the scrolling speed is significantly slower on the iPhone. I have 14 days to change my mind, so we'll see what happens haha

Scrolling speed is slower but the iPhone does have the "touch the top to go to the top of the page" feature. I miss that feature when I used Android

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Scrolling speed is slower but the iPhone does have the "touch the top to go to the top of the page" feature. I miss that feature when I used Android
Is there any way to speed up scrolling speed on the iPhone?

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
I mean, if you need faster than grabbing the scrolling bar...... I can't help you. :D

ShadowTrooper

First Guard
Security
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I normally daily an iPhone because it's just direct and to the point but have been using an S20 Ultra for 2 weeks and do kind of sometimes miss the simplicity of iOS. I'll probably switch back eventually soon for that reason but I did miss using Android day to day for sure.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Took me a LOT longer than a few days to get used to it. More like 6 months. Kicking, Cursing and Screaming the whole time. Switching is hard.

But I would never go back now. Since most of the people I know have iPhone and it socially integrates 10x than Android.
Takes a good while to appreciate it.

Even if Android does do everything, other android users have no idea how and different venders do things differently.

iMessage (integrated across all iDevices), Find My Phone (way more than your phone), FaceTime (it's just always there, switch to it in the middle of call or from FaceTime to a call), AppleTV integration with iPhone, iPhone integrated with your Mac Desktop, phone access on all devices including your watch, AirDrop to any iDevice. it's endless. Unless you immerse yourself in it, you just won't get it. I was pretty ignorant of the whole i world before I switched.

All my co-workers tease me now, remember when he was an "unconnected" Android loner.

Gestures differences, Pssst !

Last edited:

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Took me a LOT longer than a few days to get used to it. More like 6 months. Kicking, Cursing and Screaming the whole time. Switching is hard.

But I would never go back now. Since most of the people I know have iPhone and it socially integrates 10x than Android.
Takes a good while to appreciate it.

Even if Android does do everything, other android users have no idea how and different venders do things differently.

iMessage (integrated across all iDevices), Find My Phone (way more than your phone), FaceTime (it's just always there, switch to it in the middle of call or from FaceTime to a call), AppleTV integration with iPhone, iPhone integrated with your Mac Desktop, phone access on all devices including your watch, AirDrop to any iDevice. it's endless. Unless you immerse yourself in it, you just won't get it. I was pretty ignorant of the whole i world before I switched.

All my co-workers tease me now, remember when he was an "unconnected" Android loner.

Gestures differences, Pssst !
I just feel like my Pixel did everything faster. I'll give it as long as I can to see.

I only have an iPhone now, no other Apple products. Probably won't do a Macbook since my work and school uses Windows, but I'll give the the iPhone a decent shot

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I just feel like my Pixel did everything faster. I'll give it as long as I can to see.

I only have an iPhone now, no other Apple products. Probably won't do a Macbook since my work and school uses Windows, but I'll give the the iPhone a decent shot

I forget if you can adjust it. But my guess is the "smoothing" of graphics that gives you the impression that it might be slower. Their processors are blazing FAST.

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I only have an iPhone now, no other Apple products.
Same here. Only other Apple product I ever owned was a hand-me-down old Mac mini I just experimented with and have no idea where it even is anymore. I drug my wife screaming and kicking off Android onto the iPhone with me, as I’ve been an iPhone user since 2008. She moved from a Pixel to an iPhone 8 Plus. She got used to it and was OK with it, loved being able to FaceTime her family and all that. Then she got an iPhone 11 Pro and it’s a much better fit for her physically, and it’s sort of eliminated the last reservations she had about it. I may end up with an Apple Watch at some point, but I just straight up don’t wear watches of any sort too often these days.

Plus, she loves that she doesn’t have to think about V1Driver in the background ;)

Last edited:

chapRD

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is there any way to speed up scrolling speed on the iPhone?

When you’re scrolling you can grab the scroll bar on the right and then scroll up or down much quicker.

Edit: Sorry saw an ad and thought it was the end of the thread. Didn’t realize this was already answered.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to have two iPhones before my Pixel 1 and my current Pixel 2XL I had since it came out. See how the iPhone is but the Pixel 4a should come out in May (most likely delayed to the summer due to what's going on). That will be my 2XL replacement

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I used to have two iPhones before my Pixel 1 and my current Pixel 2XL I had since it came out. See how the iPhone is but the Pixel 4a should come out in May (most likely delayed to the summer due to what's going on). That will be my 2XL replacement
Well part of it is that the Pixel was paid off lol. I always have massive buyer's remorse, so the fact that I just signed up to pay on something again for the next two years is freaking me out haha.

If I don't stick with this phone, I'm gonna see if I can just turn it back in and stick with my 2xl. There was nothing wrong with it, sooooooo no real reason to switch phones in all honesty

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well part of it is that the Pixel was paid off lol. I always have massive buyer's remorse, so the fact that I just signed up to pay on something again for the next two years is freaking me out haha.

If I don't stick with this phone, I'm gonna see if I can just turn it back in and stick with my 2xl. There was nothing wrong with it, sooooooo no real reason to switch phones in all honesty

Gotcha and yea that's why I didn't bother getting the 3/3a/4 since I didn't need the upgrade but after 2.5 years it's time for a little refresher. If the 4a is not that great I MIGHT go with the Galaxy 20

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Gotcha and yea that's why I didn't bother getting the 3/3a/4 since I didn't need the upgrade but after 2.5 years it's time for a little refresher. If the 4a is not that great I MIGHT go with the Galaxy 20
Not sure if all states are doing it, but my Verizon store in NC is doing some promo on the S10 that is a total steal. $300 trade in credit, and they knock the monthly down to like $30. I thought about doing it, but I'm just not a fan of the Samsung OS

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if all states are doing it, but my Verizon store in NC is doing some promo on the S10 that is a total steal. $300 trade in credit, and they knock the monthly down to like $30. I thought about doing it, but I'm just not a fan of the Samsung OS

That's a great price... but I agree on the OS. Nothing beats the pure Android OS that the Pixels have

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That's a great price... but I agree on the OS. Nothing beats the pure Android OS that the Pixels have
I just couldn't bring myself to do the Pixel 4... Breaks easily, and their biggest "upgrade" is being able to take pics of stars hahaha

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Same here. Only other Apple product I ever owned was a hand-me-down old Mac mini I just experimented with and have no idea where it even is anymore. I drug my wife screaming and kicking off Android onto the iPhone with me, as I’ve been an iPhone user since 2008. She moved from a Pixel to an iPhone 8 Plus. She got used to it and was OK with it, loved being able to FaceTime her family and all that. Then she got an iPhone 11 Pro and it’s a much better fit for her physically, and it’s sort of eliminated the last reservations she had about it. I may end up with an Apple Watch at some point, but I just straight up don’t wear watches of any sort too often these days.

Plus, she loves that she doesn’t have to think about V1Driver in the background ;)
I was a Windows (that's what I make a very good living on) and Android guy before V1Driver.
When I switched to V1Driver project I knew an iPhone had to be my primary daily phone.
I also had to buy some sort of Mac for development. There are many ways to develop apps but going all native was the best way.

I still don't care for MacOs, but there are some very nice things about it and others that frustrate me to know end. Like Installing and uninstalling apps is a zoo. Windows has that down really solid. Windows doesn't really have great backup. But Mac has TimeMachine is pretty awesome.

But having the Mac exposed the integration with the phone. And there is always more stuff popping up.

Then I wanted to get rid of my TIVO. And thought I could replace it with Nvidia Shield (DIY DVR). What a nightmare. Everything broke because I updated to a new version Android. So I got an Apple TV and Tablo. Slick, Solid and smooth. Apple TV is on home Theater. I'm on my phone, watch a Video. Push a button and now it's playing on the home theater. Need to type a Password on the Apple TV (like to search NetFlix), phone vibrates and turns into a KeyBoard).

Everything iDevice knows about every other iDevice. Everything is running the exact same OS.

Then I wanted a way to display music in a band I'm in. Got an iPad for that. Works fantastic.

Then I added Apple Watch to V1Driver. I have not used the watch a ton, but some days it's really handy. I have not kept up with the latest gen though. My wife can't live without her apple watch now. She doesn't like to always have to carry her phone. No problem. It's just a completely different world.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgazette