Frequency read out suggestion

westwind77

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I know there is a LOT going on with the App right now....so this is very low importance...just something that might want to be worked into the mix later down the line.

I would like there to be 2 different settings for frequency read out....one for K and one for Ka.

For Ka I think just having '1' is fine but for K I would like all 3 (as with one is just rounds up/down). Having the 3 on K is a must so I know if it is a false vs one of my locals.

Is that possible?

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I know there is a LOT going on with the App right now....so this is very low importance...just something that might want to be worked into the mix later down the line.

I would like there to be 2 different settings for frequency read out....one for K and one for Ka.

For Ka I think just having '1' is fine but for K I would like all 3 (as with one is just rounds up/down). Having the 3 on K is a must so I know if it is a false vs one of my locals.

Is that possible?
Are you saying you'd want this?
a Ka signal to be announced as 35.5
a K signal to be announced as 24.158

Last edited:

westwind77

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you'd want this?
a Ka signal to be announced as 35.5
a K signal to be announced as 24.158
Yes, exactly! It would be nice to have the option to extend the Ka should a user want it out to the 3 like the K band, but for most I think having it at the one would be fine as well.

Who knows, maybe I am the only one who thinks this might be nice - and if that is the case not worth the effort, ha!

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yes, exactly! It would be nice to have the option to extend the Ka should a user want it out to the 3 like the K band, but for most I think having it at the one would be fine as well.

Who knows, maybe I am the only one who thinks this might be nice - and if that is the case not worth the effort, ha!
I think you might be able to use Voice in Box option. To cover most of this.

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I was thinking a "Voice in Box" option was probably available. It's how I do something similar on my end.

NinjaZX6R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Greetings, I currently have an R7 but I recently purchased V1 Driver to become familiar with before I get the V1 G2 once they're back online.

The question the OP asked is exactly how I want to run it as unfortunately I do face K band Raptor guns regularly. Using the demo to test, I've set up the Ka segment ranges in voice in the box to speak i.e. K A 34.7 to work with the demo, that was the easy part, but I'm stumped on how to proceed to do the same for K band. No matter what setting I try between voice in the box and general voice settings I either end up with double phrases or nothing. It seems the easiest way would be to turn on speak frequency for K band under voice settings, set it to 3 digits then use voice in the box for my Ka phrases. To summarize, I'm not clear how to set a phrase in voice in the box for K band ranges.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Greetings, I currently have an R7 but I recently purchased V1 Driver to become familiar with before I get the V1 G2 once they're back online.

The question the OP asked is exactly how I want to run it as unfortunately I do face K band Raptor guns regularly. Using the demo to test, I've set up the Ka segment ranges in voice in the box to speak i.e. K A 34.7 to work with the demo, that was the easy part, but I'm stumped on how to proceed to do the same for K band. No matter what setting I try between voice in the box and general voice settings I either end up with double phrases or nothing. It seems the easiest way would be to turn on speak frequency for K band under voice settings, set it to 3 digits then use voice in the box for my Ka phrases. To summarize, I'm not clear how to set a phrase in voice in the box for K band ranges.
Well that Demo out of the Box, has K Below Savvy, that’s why it’s grey. If you want the K to Speak turn Savvy threshold down to like 10 mph. It will speak about the K when Ka goes out of range because Ka has priority over K. Then you can experiment with the K voice in Box.

NinjaZX6R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I did lower Savvy to 5 mph to unlock K but I'm still not sure how to set up voice in the box for it. I'll expand a bit further, for the Ka voice in the box it's performing as I would like, what I'd like to have is K band read out all three digits for everything not excluded by Savvy,GPS lockout and BSM filtering. What would the proper phrase and ranges in the voice in the settings be? Would it be possible on the speak frequency setting for you to break that out to K and Ka seperately for the number of digits, then we wouldn't have to set up voice in the box for that purpose. I'm getting a fairly good grasp of the app without having an actual V1 but this one part still has me stumped.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I did lower Savvy to 5 mph to unlock K but I'm still not sure how to set up voice in the box for it. I'll expand a bit further, for the Ka voice in the box it's performing as I would like, what I'd like to have is K band read out all three digits for everything not excluded by Savvy,GPS lockout and BSM filtering. What would the proper phrase and ranges in the voice in the settings be? Would it be possible on the speak frequency setting for you to break that out to K and Ka seperately for the number of digits, then we wouldn't have to set up voice in the box for that purpose. I'm getting a fairly good grasp of the app without having an actual V1 but this one part still has me stumped.
The Voice in Box is a substitute for Speaking the Standard Band Name. It is based on frequency and doesn’t care about band. Speaking Frequency is still controlled by the Frequency Switch and Frequency Precision, which applies to all bands.

It does what you are describing by default.

NinjaZX6R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well its obvious by communication skill is below par haha, because your answer didn't answer my question. For the sake of simplicity, lets forget the voice in the box for now and stick with just 'Speak frequency' as you referenced. If I set the precision to 1, it does what I want for the Ka frequencies i.e. it speaks 34.7 but not K as it rounds it down to 24.2 (in the demo). If I set precision to 3, it does what I (and the OP) want for the K frequencies, but not Ka as its speaking the last two digits that are irrelevant for me hence my question if you could have two seperate settings for the frequency precision (one for K and one for Ka).

OP, how did you resolve this issue based on the info in this thread?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Well its obvious by communication skill is below par haha, because your answer didn't answer my question. For the sake of simplicity, lets forget the voice in the box for now and stick with just 'Speak frequency' as you referenced. If I set the precision to 1, it does what I want for the Ka frequencies i.e. it speaks 34.7 but not K as it rounds it down to 24.2 (in the demo). If I set precision to 3, it does what I (and the OP) want for the K frequencies, but not Ka as its speaking the last two digits that are irrelevant for me hence my question if you could have two seperate settings for the frequency precision (one for K and one for Ka).

OP, how did you resolve this issue based on the info in this thread?
It was just a suggestion that voice in box might solve OP.

I lose more users due to being overwhelmed than I do for lack of customization.

You could set it to precision 1 and add Voice In Box for a bunch of 24ghz ranges that Identify the gun. How many possible K guns within certain ranges could there be, 5 tops?

NinjaZX6R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Understood.

I'm sure, can't please everyone.

Well, that's the million dollar question and why I preferred to set the frequencies for Ka (I know the frequencies needed for my area) for voice in the box and just let V1 Driver handle the 3 digit K band readouts with 'Speak frequency' which of course won't work with the current V1 Driver config. I do already have some known 'Mute in the box settings' for K band but I'm not aware of exactly what K ranges to set up for the K band voice in the box which is why I asked the OP how he resolved it.

At this point I'll just monitor the future updates to see if you add the feature to pick readout digits seperatly for K and Ka band. I already deal with this now on my R7 which can't change and while it makes sense to do it, it won't be a deal breaker if we don't get that feature. Of MUCH bigger concern right now in the RD world is all of the V1 G2's refusing to power up so I'll gladly wait for that to be dealt with before acquiring one. I really like the capabilities of the app and that you made it iOS compatible. Stay safe and healthy!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abadd