Frequent trips throughout the NE Corridor

LCharc215

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for some guidance on making my first radar detector purchase. I live in Philadelphia, and have a daily commute to the suburbs, but will be commuting from Philly to Boston quite a bit over the next year. Looking for a quality radar detector to keep me safe on both routes

Right now I’m thinking Uniden R7 (really like the directional lights and seems to be a fan favorite). Lmk your thoughts, and if there is a boilerplate set of questions that I could fill out to provide more details. Thanks in advance for your help!

robbyb413

I thought there would be beer
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome. I think people typically follow this advice for asking for a detector recommendation:

Good luck in your search.

And since you're looking for a windshield mount you should get a V1. ;)

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for some guidance on making my first radar detector purchase. I live in Philadelphia, and have a daily commute to the suburbs, but will be commuting from Philly to Boston quite a bit over the next year. Looking for a quality radar detector to keep me safe on both routes

Right now I’m thinking Uniden R7 (really like the directional lights and seems to be a fan favorite). Lmk your thoughts, and if there is a boilerplate set of questions that I could fill out to provide more details. Thanks in advance for your help!
I use an R7 & like it, eliminates some bogus falses but it still does not filter all BSM radars from other vehicles (incl. 18-wheelers).
You'll also encounter plenty of Lidar speed enforcement in all NorthEast States, especially in CT.

DocH

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My Wife and I are REALLY liking the DFR7...Very sensitive to Ka band and not half bad on the rest of the freqs out there!!
The price was just right and the Unit seems to have a very decent blend between sensitivity and discrimination.
So far, We wouldn't have purchased anything else....and We have been running it since June of 2019!!
The Red-light and Speed Cam DB's have updated just fine since purchase.
We Really love the off-axis performance of the wee thing!!

So, I guess mark Us down in the Catagory of "Very Satisfied Buyers and Users"!
DocH and Better Half

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbny025