Running the V1G2 with K-verifier Off (by accident)

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I was doing some bench testing last night and had turned K-verifier off. It turns out I forgot to turn it back on when I was done. I can tell you, K-verifier is doing quite a bit of filtering. In case anyone was thinking about turning it off, while maybe you could get away with it in the country, it is not going to fly in the city (at least in All-bogeys mode). Also, if anyone is thinking they can turn it off to get MRCD detections, it will be like running your old V1 with TMF2 off. Here's a video of a few minutes of it today before I realized what was going on...lol

The video is not completely safe for work as I do say some curse words in it...sorry.

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
lol wow, that was awesome :D

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Man you were giving those arrows a workout. And in All Bogeys mode, to boot!
Yeah, with K-verifier on, All-bogeys mode is really pretty good most of the time. I've been driving in A mode ever since I got it. But I am about to start trying little L for awhile.

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Jeez! That reminds me of my 3.872 on A mode with Pop on, maybe even worse! So much for trying that when mine gets here LMAO!

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@Brainstorm69 Where did you have your dash cam mounted to capture the detector? Perhaps hanging off of your sunroof glass?

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@Brainstorm69 Where did you have your dash cam mounted to capture the detector? Perhaps hanging off of your sunroof glass?
Just in front of my rear view mirror. I just have to point it down a bit. I put my detectors fairly low on the WS.

fishing66

Advanced User
Reaction score
I was doing some bench testing last night and had turned K-verifier off. It turns out I forgot to turn it back on when I was done. I can tell you, K-verifier is doing quite a bit of filtering. In case anyone was thinking about turning it off, while maybe you could get away with it in the country, it is not going to fly in the city (at least in All-bogeys mode). Also, if anyone is thinking they can turn it off to get MRCD detections, it will be like running your old V1 with TMF2 off. Here's a video of a few minutes of it today before I realized what was going on...lol

The video is not completely safe for work as I do say some curse words in it...sorry.

As always, K band came from Satan's anus

croup

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, with K-verifier on, All-bogeys mode is really pretty good most of the time. I've been driving in A mode ever since I got it. But I am about to start trying little L for awhile.
Recently had to go to little "l"....A mode got a little too much on two seperate drives and all that know me, know I do not mind a chatty detector.....Little "l" is night and day difference on chirpiness.....Enjoying it so far....However, K band is so widespread around my area and have alot of challenging conditions so I am being very cautious in those areas until I learn alot more about it...

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Recently had to go to little "l"....A mode got a little too much on two seperate drives and all that know me, know I do not mind a chatty detector.....Little "l" is night and day difference on chirpiness.....Enjoying it so far....However, K band is so widespread around my area and have alot of challenging conditions so I am being very cautious in those areas until I learn alot more about it...
Well, the good news is that at least in the testing so far (sparse as it is), little L gives the same K-band detection distance as long as you notice the muted alert. Just need to be vigilant.

croup

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that at least in the testing so far (sparse as it is), little L gives the same K-band detection distance as long as you notice the muted alert. Just need to be vigilant.
Good to know and I will....

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beemerchef