profiles overides setup questions

RayC

Driving
Beginner User
Reaction score
This is for some of the experts out there.

1) I have set up several profiles along with 5 overrides for areas I want to auto switch the profile. I have them all enabled (at least they look to be). However they don't seem to be turning on. For example I am at home now and have an override enabled for my town. I power up the new V1 but the profile in JBV1 still shows the last profile I set manually. I was expecting it to switch with a voice announcement.

2) How do you permanently set a default profile (ie; when you are not in an override area)? Do you need to just turn off overrides and then select a profile then turn back on overides and even if you are in an override area when you do it the unit will revert back to the profile you had before turning on overrides in the settings?

First attempt with JBV1, a lot to unpack in there but setup not too bad so far till I got stuck. Thanks

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
There was a bug in 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 that disabled APO. It should work now in 2.0.2.

The "default profile" is the one used before the first override was activated in the current app session.

RayC

Driving
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, updated and works as expected. Was driving me crazy last night trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. lol.

It's a cool thing you built for sure.

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, updated and works as expected. Was driving me crazy last night trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. lol.

It's a cool thing you built for sure.
Do you see now why we converts get frustrated at the misinformation that is spread around out there.
JBV1 is an amazing thing. It's like bacon to the V1, makes everything better.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Tried out the newest update with the settings I put in the other thread you made.. works perfect

RayC

Driving
Beginner User
Reaction score
Do you see now why we converts get frustrated at the misinformation that is spread around out there.
JBV1 is an amazing thing. It's like bacon to the V1, makes everything better.

It is a very robust app for sure. I can also see why the "average" user would be adverse to using it. The software is very robust and I would imagine longtime users have an easier time with it as it's much easier to use all the features when you started out early and more features are added over the years rather than jumping into it today never having used it.

I did have a lot of K falses in logic mode from the rear and I have the setting for K and X to not alert to rear. They were brief but I can't figure out why the alerts happened. In Advanced Logic mode (large L) they appear to have gone away. Also, for display modes Auto turns it off. I thought that would be light sensitive but it's daytime. I actually would rather run it dark all the time unless there is an alert but have the bluetooth indicator lit in that mode so I know things are connected. Probably not possible but the indicator is so small I wish it had a setting to display it in all display modes.

Another thing is I haven't been able to get JBV1 to turn off when things shut down so I am doing it manually. Surely my bad.

I am still learning (just set JBV1 up last night) so am still learning and for sure haven't gotten into everything there but at least the basics were not difficult but I can see a lot of people not being able to set it up (particularly first time RD owners) but there are options out there for everyone. The small form factor is a huge plus for me. Drove around for an hour and couldn't find a LEO anywhere for the first time in forever. Figures...

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Also, for display modes Auto turns it off. I thought that would be light sensitive but it's daytime. I actually would rather run it dark all the time unless there is an alert but have the bluetooth indicator lit in that mode so I know things are connected. Probably not possible but the indicator is so small I wish it had a setting to display it in all display modes.

Another thing is I haven't been able to get JBV1 to turn off when things shut down so I am doing it manually. Surely my bad.

Display Mode = Auto turns the display on for non-muted alerts. It says this right below the setting. I can't make it more clear than that.

Sensor Dark turns the display off when it's dark in the cabin, regardless of alerts. It's right there in the setting description.

I can't turn bits and pieces of the V1 display on and off, only the whole thing.

JBV1 auto exits when the connection is lost beyond your set timeout. If that isn't happening quickly enough for you, use a shorter timeout. I use 3 seconds, personally. Make sure dongle power being cut is included in your shutdown sequence, if using a dongle.

RayC

Driving
Beginner User
Reaction score
Display Mode = Auto turns the display on for non-muted alerts. It says this right below the setting. I can't make it more clear than that.

Sensor Dark turns the display off when it's dark in the cabin, regardless of alerts. It's right there in the setting description.

I can't turn bits and pieces of the V1 display on and off, only the whole thing.

JBV1 auto exits when the connection is lost beyond your set timeout. If that isn't happening quickly enough for you, use a shorter timeout. I use 3 seconds, personally. Make sure dongle power being cut is included in your shutdown sequence, if using a dongle.

Thanks, I was doing it while driving clicking on the icon. Very helpful. Will play around with it.

Any idea why I would get weak K alerts in small "l" mode with rear off for K and X set. I am sure I must have missed something.
Post automatically merged:

Sensor dark seems to always turn the display off even during the day. I guess that's where my confusion is. The only time the display shows for me during the day is in the "on" mode.

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
FWIW I have it always dark. I don't want someone behind using me as a cheap detector.
I just have the phone display.

RayC

Driving
Beginner User
Reaction score
FWIW I have it always dark. I don't want someone behind using me as a cheap detector.
I just have the phone display.

I have it mounted up high and I like just glancing up to the detector to see whats going on, probably hard for anyone behind me to even see it in daylight. My phone is down in the console so it takes my eyes off the road to look at it. I did run my R7 in dark mode full time and it only lit up for alerts but it did have an indicator on the display (although not always easy to see) to know it's powered up.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Any idea why I would get weak K alerts in small "l" mode with rear off for K and X set. I am sure I must have missed something.
Post automatically merged:

Sensor dark seems to always turn the display off even during the day. I guess that's where my confusion is. The only time the display shows for me during the day is in the "on" mode.

V1 alert questions are more for the V1 section, since an app can't control what V1 alerts on. Apps can mute, un-mute, and change some settings.

There's a fair bit of documentation on most settings that need it, in the descriptions of the settings. You might look at those for sensor dark, including the crossover (sensitivity) adjustments.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrinaMinyard