G2 ship times?

iazybandit

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I sent in my old V1 on 3/14... then my card got a temporary charge on 3/20. I have not received any email, no tracking, no V1, and now the charge has fallen off of my credit card. What should I do? I am OK with waiting but now that the charge has disappeared and I have no email I am scared that I will slip through the cracks.
Its just a temporary charge. Usually companies do this make sure the card is legit and working. Once they process your order, it will go through and it will be shipped.

Even if you worry, there's nothing you can do about it since they are closed. And once they do open, there's no need to bombard them with emails or calls because I'm sure they have to get reorganized and go through their packages and emails. So I'm 100% sure they'll be backlogged and will process them in a timely matter. I'm waiting for mine as well and I placed my order the last day they were in the office hoping to have mine shipped out but it didn't.

brampower

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Its just a temporary charge. Usually companies do this make sure the card is legit and working. Once they process your order, it will go through and it will be shipped.

Even if you worry, there's nothing you can do about it since they are closed. And once they do open, there's no need to bombard them with emails or calls because I'm sure they have to get reorganized and go through their packages and emails. So I'm 100% sure they'll be backlogged and will process them in a timely matter. I'm waiting for mine as well and I placed my order the last day they were in the office hoping to have mine shipped out but it didn't.
That’s true, but I shipped mine on 3/14 and they charged my card well before they shut down. I see people that ordered (or upgraded) after me and they received their devices. I’m just hoping that they didn’t ship it already and that it got lost in the mail somehow. How do they provide the tracking number? Do they send an email?

Deadhead1971

Three Sheets to the Wind
Advanced User
Reaction score
That’s true, but I shipped mine on 3/14 and they charged my card well before they shut down. I see people that ordered (or upgraded) after me and they received their devices. I’m just hoping that they didn’t ship it already and that it got lost in the mail somehow. How do they provide the tracking number? Do they send an email?
You should receive an email with a tracking number that it has shipped. I received this email about three days after placing the order.

Billyg

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have account with both Fedex and UPS and use their apps. I sent an older V1 for trade in last month and chose/paid for UPS shipping. I never received any communication from VR, but I saw the credit card charge and then saw shipping info in the UPS app.

brampower

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have account with both Fedex and UPS and use their apps. I sent an older V1 for trade in last month and chose/paid for UPS shipping. I never received any communication from VR, but I saw the credit card charge and then saw shipping info in the UPS app.
I wish that were the case for me but it has almost been two weeks since the charge appeared on my card, if they had shipped it it would have been here by now. Plus, the charge dropped off which they would not let happen if they shipped the V1 to me.

I'm sure I just need to wait until the whole shutdown is over, but I am a bit afraid that my upgrade is going to slip through the cracks. Since they charged my card, they might 'think' that they already shipped something to me when they really didn't, and then I will have to prove that I never received anything. Just trying to prepare for the worst case scenarios...

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish that were the case for me but it has almost been two weeks since the charge appeared on my card, if they had shipped it it would have been here by now. Plus, the charge dropped off which they would not let happen if they shipped the V1 to me.

I'm sure I just need to wait until the whole shutdown is over, but I am a bit afraid that my upgrade is going to slip through the cracks. Since they charged my card, they might 'think' that they already shipped something to me when they really didn't, and then I will have to prove that I never received anything. Just trying to prepare for the worst case scenarios...
From my experience, when an authorization, which is the charge that dropped off, is reverted, the company is able to see that. Maybe they will take a day to investigate, but it shouldn't cause any issues for you.

iazybandit

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

You're thinking too much into it.

If they shipped it (which you would of been charged for), they would have sent you email notification and tracking number. This would of been documented on their end as well. The only worse case scenario you should be thinking about is running out of toilet paper ;). Just sit back, relax and enjoy your family or watch some shows during this pandemic.

sctdg

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Glad I did not pull trigger ,and now with things the way they are it has protected me from myself. Spending that much money in these times for something as frivolous as a radar detector is like not looking at reality. I really don't think any of us are going to worry about being pulled over for speeding ,the main concern is going to be where your next meal is coming from. Just a little observation from an old man who has lived through some bad sh!t .

Deadhead1971

Three Sheets to the Wind
Advanced User
Reaction score
I really don't think any of us are going to worry about being pulled over for speeding ,the main concern is going to be where your next meal is coming from. Just a little observation from an old man who has lived through some bad sh!t .
It probably depends where are you.

a coworker just told me that a NC Highway patrol was standing out of their car pointing something taking radar on Interstate 40 here near Raleigh. This was earlier today. I informed them that this was actually laser.

two days ago I passed a moving local police running 35.5 Ka.

public safety and police are essential services so don’t let your guard down.

Bloovy One

125,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing sneakier stuff out there the last week. More hiding from the LEOs.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Voughtrazer