V1.Gen 2 VS Uniden R7 in the city vs KA 35.5 & KA 33.7

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi All ,
Today i was able to test above radar detectors inside of the city limits. Course is 4 miles long, consist of several bridges ( high spots) and low spots between. A lots of buildings , traffic signs , concrete barriers etc.
1) Uniden R7 ( fw 1.29) City mode, Rear balance 50% ,Ka 2/5/8, K wide, X off, MRCD off, Laser on, Ka filter off, K Filter on, TSF on, K pop off, Ka Pop off
2) V1.G2 (fw 4.1018) Little l mode. Ka 2/5/8 sweeps per Jag42 specs, K Verifier on, X off.
Locations was marked with help of IOS app "Track it" those coordinates was later used on Google Earth Desktop version.
* On 35.5 mhz both detectors was very close from each other. They both picked KA 35.5 2.7-2.8 miles away ( high spot). Both went silent for about 0.8 miles (low spot) and regained the signal right after that. V1.G2 regained the signal 0.1 mi earlier and was more consistent.
* On 33.7mhz they were very close again, both picked up signal close to mile from the source. Short distance is strictly due to terrain.
I will test it more in the future in some other locations. Also i'd like to mention that V1.G2 picks up more K junks than Uniden R7, it might be better in Big L mode.

Attachments

• All.JPG
    All.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • 33.5 MHZ.JPG
    33.5 MHZ.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 33.7.JPG
    33.7.JPG
    834.5 KB · Views: 110

mycars12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thank you for the testing. Curious to see more future tests with the new V1. Looks like it keep up with the competition but since it was in development for so long was a little disappointing. Thought it would blow the competition away. R7 is very hard to beat though.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for testing. Very interesting on the falsing comments.
IMO city mode R7 is a bit low to compare to V1G2 little L mode, perhaps big L mode? Or the R7 in Advanced mode 30-40%?
And the R7 having the rear antenna attenuation lower than 100% when comparing to the V1G2 which is always 100% isn't fair in case of getting a stray signal.
So many testers running lower rear antenna settings, it's interesting info but there should always be a 100% comparison to start.
Keep bringing in the results, more the better!

jdong

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Little L mode is operating K at 100% sensitivity, just muting less threatening K alerts. Are you counting falses as in unmuted alerts or anything in screen?

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks for testing. Very interesting on the falsing comments.
IMO city mode R7 is a bit low to compare to V1G2 little L mode, perhaps big L mode? Or the R7 in Advanced mode 30-40%?
And the R7 having the rear antenna attenuation lower than 100% when comparing to the V1G2 which is always 100% isn't fair in case of getting a stray signal.
So many testers running lower rear antenna settings, it's interesting info but there should always be a 100% comparison to start.
Keep bringing in the results, more the better!
I was not comparing rear antennas in this test. K falsing on V1.G2 was via forward antenna. At one plaza it picked 4 doors at 24.118, 24,119 etc.
I'm using 50% on rear antenna on Uniden, it gives close to a 1 mile of range.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I run 80% and like seeing testing that shows what real life use is giving for results, so thank you for that.
I would only suggest 100% rear for the false testing so everyone can claim even terms or you never hear the end of it.
R7 offers rear horn attenuation now so that is a bonus feature for tuning to your environment.
Q: The R7 didn't have any spots locked out on your course did it?
Thanks

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Little L mode is operating K at 100% sensitivity, just muting less threatening K alerts. Are you counting falses as in unmuted alerts or anything in screen?
Many came together with a KA band alerts as additional alerts # 2, # 3.... I had it with jbv1 and on the detector.
I have detector for one day and I was only testing KA band performance. K band filtering will be different subject. I will have to drive it more and tweak few settings.
Post automatically merged:

I run 80% and like seeing testing that shows what real life use is giving for results, so thank you for that.
I would only suggest 100% rear for the false testing so everyone can claim even terms or you never hear the end of it.
R7 offers rear horn attenuation now so that is a bonus feature for tuning to your environment.
Q: The R7 didn't have any spots locked out on your course did it?
Thanks
I promise when i will be testing false alerts i will switch rear antenna to 100%. In this test i wasn't . It was just observation. This course did not have any spots locked.

Last edited:

jdong

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Many came together with a KA band alerts as additional alerts # 2, # 3.... I had it with jbv1 and on the detector.
I have detector for one day and I was only testing KA band performance. K band filtering will be different subject. I will have to drive it more and tweak few settings.

I promise when i will be testing false alerts i will switch rear antenna to 100%. In this test i wasn't . It was just observation. This course did not have any spots locked.

Seems like this Ka ghosting issue is the biggest flaw of the V1G2. Crossing my fingers for a software update. Those who experience it, please do let VR know....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Seems like this Ka ghosting issue is the biggest flaw of the V1G2. Crossing my fingers for a software update. Those who experience it, please do let VR know....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[/QU
To early to determine any issues, needs more driving , more results from more testers. I'm sure Vortex preparing great review. We will see what he will find out.

JBV1 is a awesome app . I'd like to add couple more screenshots from it.

Attachments

• viber_image_2020-03-11_15-20-45 35.5.jpg
    viber_image_2020-03-11_15-20-45 35.5.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 87
  • viber_image_2020-03-11_15-22-02 33.7.jpg
    viber_image_2020-03-11_15-22-02 33.7.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics