Theia Range Speculation

WhiskyTangoFoxtrot

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have an R3 and R7 and was running the R3 the other day when I had a very solid 2-3 mile detection on open highway on Ka-band. I think with daylight savings time and not having to worry about driving in the dark as much I like the smaller package of the R3 sometimes. I was thinking about this post and Jon's comments about the R3 being a solid detector. It's still proving itself...but I do look forward to seeing what Thiea can do. Truth be told I've only had passive interest in the Max 360 line...enough to look. :) Lord only knows how many times its paid for itself.

fishing66

Advanced User
Reaction score
Our "faux radar detector" test equipment with a piece of metal taped in front of the entire horn is more sensitive than the max360c. True story. I was very bored during the lockdown so we did real world distance testing with it lol.
Oh dear. So I guess that means that the Max will no longer be the longest range radar detector available ever, for all guns, all bands. :supaburn:

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an R3 and R7 and was running the R3 the other day when I had a very solid 2-3 mile detection on open highway on Ka-band. I think with daylight savings time and not having to worry about driving in the dark as much I like the smaller package of the R3 sometimes. I was thinking about this post and Jon's comments about the R3 being a solid detector. It's still proving itself...but I do look forward to seeing what Thiea can do. Truth be told I've only had passive interest in the Max 360 line...enough to look. :) Lord only knows how many times its paid for itself.
That post was when the OG Max came out... it wasn’t the most sensitive nor the longest range. It was crap... the M5 was terrible.

CarefulDriver

Wiping dust of R1
Beginner User
Reaction score
You must be mistaken. The Max is the longest range radar detector available ever, for all guns, all bands.
Thanks to their cutting-edge radar DNA technology.

Tallyho

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

CarefulDriver

Wiping dust of R1
Beginner User
Reaction score
Any detector on the market is more sensitive than Theia: they can detect speed signs, door openers, and even blind spot monitoring systems of other cars.

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Any detector on the market is more sensitive than Theia: they can detect speed signs, door openers, and even blind spot monitoring systems of other cars.
Actually, so can Theia. Theia will just know to ignore them.

Signal Environment

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It will only detect them if they are funny. :laugh:
Well aaaaaactually, it will detect all jokes, but only alert to them when they are funny. If a new type of humor is developed and deemed funny, it can be easily taken to a comedy club and trained to detect it. ;)

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Well aaaaaactually, it will detect all jokes, but only alert to them when they are funny. If a new type of humor is developed and deemed funny, it can be easily taken to a comedy club and trained to detect it. ;)
By default, all of @Randy at Radenso 's jokes are already whitelisted.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azaxeman