Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're on it, patience young padawan

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
There are some REALLY serious testers that have the new V1 in there hands now.... the results will be coming shortly. I’m really excited to see what shakes out!!!

Good competition generally brings out the best in innovation!!

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
From @Kennyc56 and myself did some testing, and all around testing, the V1G2 equaled or better the R1,Redline, and R7. Just terrain limited it to be even further.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Waiting for my new V1, sold my old V1. Had it since 2004 (updated 3 times) I'm sure the new V1 will be all it should be. Here in the northeast it needs MRCD, red light cam detection. I use V ONE DRIVER for my I phone, it would be nice if they could add that to V1 apps, we'll see.

ALS

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'd give the V1G2 30 days of testing before making a decision on which detector you want to buy. It's brand new and I would like to let a number of people to run it through the paces to see what it will really do.

Right now we only have a few individuals running performance testing on the V1G2, try to give it a little more time before you make your decision.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
From @Kennyc56 and myself did some testing, and all around testing, the V1G2 equaled or better the R1,Redline, and R7. Just terrain limited it to be even further.
We had one of those days today trying to test! Everything that could go wrong pretty much did! The traffic SUCKED for hours, there were 18 wheelers parking in the damn way on one run, then the next run they would move and we couldn't repeat a run to save our @sses! The one thing that was obvious however is the V1 G2 is a pure monster! The rear detection on this damn thing is SHOCKING! I've been doing this for a very long time and I no longer get really shocked by an improvement on detectors because it's usually 90% hype and 10% BS! Not this time! This has been kept very quiet, at least what we can expect out of it! @VariableWave and I have got to find a MUCH longer road to do this detector justice and will try to find one tomorrow! I still don't care for the display that much and it sucks that it has no frequency display, of course that's just my opinion, but the range and off axis compared to my 3.872 V1 is embarrassing! My beloved Redline-O is mounted in the top of my back glass in the perfect spot segged to 2-5-8 with RDR off and everything else off and this V1 G2 spent all day long kicking it's @ss from behind, the R7 got the same @ss whipping! That was the only thing we could repeat over and over! If MV can get the front antenna to work like the rear on 34.7 and 35.5 OMG! The front antenna is as good or better than my R1, Redline-O and his R7 and it totally murders my Gen1 V1! I'm very impressed and can't wait to test it on a course that we can really max it out! K band was a bust because we had trouble with my K band gun and all the traffic.

Last edited:

oversteer325

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
We had one of those days today trying to test! Everything that could go wrong pretty much did! The traffic SUCKED for hours, there were 18 wheelers parking in the damn way on one run, then the next run they would move and we couldn't repeat a run to save our @sses! The one thing that was obvious however is the V1 G2 is a pure monster! The rear detection on this damn thing is SHOCKING! I've been doing this for a very long time and I no longer get really shocked by an improvement on detectors because it's usually 90% hype and 10% BS! Not this time! This has been kept very quiet, at least what we can expect out of it! @VariableWave and I have got to find a MUCH longer road to do this detector justice and will try to find one tomorrow! I still don't care for the display that much and it sucks that it has no frequency display, of course that's just my opinion, but the range and off axis compared to my 3.872 V1 is embarssing! My beloved Redline-O is mounted in the top of my back glass in the perfect spot segged to 2-5-8 with RDR off and everything else off and this V1 G2 spent all day long kicking it's @ss from behind, the R7 got the same @ss whipping! That was the only thing we could repeat over and over! I MV can get the front antenna to work like the rear on 34.7 and 35.5 OMG! The front antenna is as good or better than my R1, Redline-O and his R7 and it totally murders my Gen1 V1! I'm very impressed and can't wait to test it on a course that we car really max it out! K band was a bust because we had trouble with my K band gun and all the traffic.
Really exciting stuff!!! I can’t wait to see the final results! Thanks for all the hard work guys!

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
We had one of those days today trying to test! Everything that could go wrong pretty much did! The traffic SUCKED for hours, there were 18 wheelers parking in the damn way on one run, then the next run they would move and we couldn't repeat a run to save our @sses! The one thing that was obvious however is the V1 G2 is a pure monster! The rear detection on this damn thing is SHOCKING! I've been doing this for a very long time and I no longer get really shocked by an improvement on detectors because it's usually 90% hype and 10% BS! Not this time! This has been kept very quiet, at least what we can expect out of it! @VariableWave and I have got to find a MUCH longer road to do this detector justice and will try to find one tomorrow! I still don't care for the display that much and it sucks that it has no frequency display, of course that's just my opinion, but the range and off axis compared to my 3.872 V1 is embarssing! My beloved Redline-O is mounted in the top of my back glass in the perfect spot segged to 2-5-8 with RDR off and everything else off and this V1 G2 spent all day long kicking it's @ss from behind, the R7 got the same @ss whipping! That was the only thing we could repeat over and over! I MV can get the front antenna to work like the rear on 34.7 and 35.5 OMG! The front antenna is as good or better than my R1, Redline-O and his R7 and it totally murders my Gen1 V1! I'm very impressed and can't wait to test it on a course that we car really max it out! K band was a bust because we had trouble with my K band gun and all the traffic.
What does this mean"I MV can get the front antenna to work like the rear on 34.7 and 35.5 OMG "? So the front antenna is much weaker than the rear? weird.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Really exciting stuff!!! I can’t wait to see the final results! Thanks for all the hard work guys!
Thanks! We can't wait either!
Post automatically merged:

What does this mean"I MV can get the front antenna to work like the rear on 34.7 and 35.5 OMG "? So the front antenna is much weaker than the rear? weird.
It's not weak at all, it kick's @ss in fact but the rear is incredible! More testing with other detectors might be totally different.

Last edited:

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you've used a V1 for a long time you know how sensitive the rear antenna is... He's saying that the front sensitivity is crazy good which is AWESOME

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
If you've used a V1 for a long time you know how sensitive the rear antenna is... He's saying that the front sensitivity is crazy good which is AWESOME
That's exactly what I'm saying! The rear detection is just plain stupid! Don't anyone think I'm complaining about the front antenna because I'm not, not at all! Just look at @Jag42 's off axis video, that was insane from the front!

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm saying! The rear detection is just plain stupid! Don't anyone think I'm complaining about the front antenna because I'm not, not at all!
34.7 alerting on the rear horn for days :roflolmao:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
remember, the R7 is a beast on off-axis 35.5. Does the G2 beat it? That's the key question.
We need to do some more testing. I know it's as good as I've ever seen on off axis, but the R7, R1, R3's and Redline-O's are great as well so I won't speculate on that till we can prove it! On rear detection however, you can take that to the bank!

Deadhead1971

Three Sheets to the Wind
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks @Kennyc56 and @VariableWave for taking the time to do this. Your feedback is the first or one of the first comparison reports between the Gen1 and Gen2.

I have seen the testing here on RDF for the Gen 1- the charts and graphs- and it’s range ranking was a little embarrassing compared to the others.

My expectations when placing an order a few days ago- the new Gen 2 didn’t have to beat the R1 or R7 in range; it just had to be better and in the “ballpark” with the others and not so far down the totem pole. My thinking was is if it’s up near the Pro M range for Ka, I would be happy. The fact that it can go head to head with the Unidens is a pleasant and quite frankly, an unexpected surprise.
we don’t have MRCD down here in NC, and it will be interesting to see what the Gen 2 does with that threat.

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
remember, the R7 is a beast on off-axis 35.5. Does the G2 beat it? That's the key question.
That we will find out hopefully tomorrow. We have located a new spot, old grounds for Kenny. Said by maps short of 8 miles near straight looking road. Will be doing degrees off-axis shots and anything we can cook up.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Kennyc56 and @VariableWave for taking the time to do this. Your feedback is the first or one of the first comparison reports between the Gen1 and Gen2.

I have seen the testing here on RDF for the Gen 1- the charts and graphs- and it’s range ranking was a little embarrassing compared to the others.

My expectations when placing an order a few days ago- the new Gen 2 didn’t have to beat the R1 or R7 in range; it just had to be better and in the “ballpark” with the others and not so far down the totem pole. My thinking was is if it’s up near the Pro M range for Ka, I would be happy. The fact that it can go head to head with the Unidens is a pleasant and quite frankly, an unexpected surprise.
we don’t have MRCD down here in NC, and it will be interesting to see what the Gen 2 does with that threat.
@Deadhead1971 , You are going to love this damn thing, I'll guarantee it! The only thing that's the same as my V1 is the name! My 3.872 had very good on axis range, 4 miles front and back, but as you saw in my old videos, the off axis sucked! Not anymore!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesus359