Arrows are good.

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Driving home from work this morning with the R7, got a Ka alert in an area that routinely has UHP Troopers sitting on an off-ramp doing paperwork. Good ramp up, showing 34.6xx which almost always is rear antenna for UHP. Showing in front of me, then transitions to side then behind with a second hit of Ka on the screen. As it transitions to rear arrows, the frequency changes to 34.7xx.

Now I’m feeling comfortable that I’ve passed him and getting the front antenna, but the signal isn’t ramping back down. I think hmmm, this is an odd encounter. Keep driving, arrows now show side again and 2 Ka hits with the frequency change alert going off and it switching between 34.6 and 34.7.

I’m looking everywhere and can’t see a Trooper. I’m holding my speed at just over PSL because I know something weird is happening. I’m running my scanner as well and don’t hear anything.

I cross into a different county and keep going PSL. This is all freeway driving by the way. Crossing into the new county puts me in a different “District” for the Troopers. Still showing side arrows that occasionally flip to front, still can’t see a Trooper. I do see a dark black colored Charger, but it has dark windows, regular plate and regular rims as well as the chrome trim package.

A car comes flying past me and past the Charger, disco lights engage! They stop on the off ramp I’m taking so I get to look... it’s either a Lt. or Capt. with UHP getting out to have a chat. I’ve seen them before in the Black and less often Red unmarked Chargers, but I’ve never seen one running Radar.

RadarSammich

I detect radar and radar accessories
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm seeing more chargers in Arizona and California now as well. Arrows have saved me multiple times, I won't go back to non arrows.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish you had video of that. What counties were these?

DocTJ

Advanced User
Reaction score
Uncertainty in situations like that were what made me go from R3 to R7, it’s just nice to know with that extra bit of information and decide from there what to do.

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I wish you had video of that. What counties were these?
Salt Lake County starting at about 700 North, Traffic stop initiated at about 500 south in Bountiful area.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesus359