Spoiler Alert! - V1 Gen2 First Photos

fixinbones

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
How did you get the U on your display?
I was able to push my custom sweeps that were saved on my V1 connection and the U came on after I pushed them. Maybe that means it’s in Euro mode. i’m not sure why Vortex was unable to do this on the live stream.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You don't want to see U though.

fixinbones

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Is the V1 driver any good on the iPhones or is the jbv1 better and I should invest on an android phone just for this
I’ve used V1driver for a number of years and it works very well. It will give you auto lockouts and allow you to adjust quite a bit of parameters. Apparently jbv1 is better and offers a lot more versatility but I’m not sure of the average person needs this. To me having an extra android phone in the car it’s just a pain in the butt

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Perhaps custom sweeps is a thing of the past for the V1? If the are now able to catch and analyze LO’s from crap detectors faster and filter them, then wouldn’t the need for sweeps go away?

fixinbones

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Perhaps custom sweeps is a thing of the past for the V1? If the are now able to catch and analyze LO’s from crap detectors faster and filter them, then wouldn’t the need for sweeps go away?
good question, vortex was saying that it sweeps all bands in like 2ms so sweeps may be a thing of the past

mikedotd

Arrow Enthusiast
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I was able to push my custom sweeps that were saved on my V1 connection and the U came on after I pushed them. Maybe that means it’s in Euro mode. i’m not sure why Vortex was unable to do this on the live stream.

Yes, U is for Euro mode. But your custom sweeps weren't successfully written, which is why you see U instead of C. As I mentioned in another post, the default Euro mode (U) doesn't sweep 34.7, so you're at risk driving in that mode in the US.

Tb12

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
<shitpost> that was a long two weeks! </Shitpost>

Will be interesting if the buzz around Theia will depress sales... I know my CM budget this year is being held for that.

Also, as a product designer/engineer, I hate hate hate that they're using a standby button as a mode switch button. But that's admittedly a nitpick!

Looking forward to testing results.

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
By the way, if you have an Android device available to you, you can run JBV1 to see what all the CAS and such fuss is about, no V1 required.

I don't, but if I cave to the pressure and buy because of all of the reviews, I'll have to get one just for the V1G2.

The R7 looks like a brick compared to the V1G2

That profile looks REALLY good. I was disappointed when I opened up my R7 and saw how big it was. The V1G2 has a very sleek and stylish profile compared to the R7.

Last edited:

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA

From looking at the Patents (not having a unit on hand to prove or see it), I am of the opinion that custom sweeps would be useless on the new V1 and would actually hurt performance. If the new logic Patent actually determines a signal is not Radar but an LO and rejects it preventing a false Alert plus at the same time is basically used to compare a signal in the FPGA and DSP eliminating as many false alerts as possible, why slowdown the demon fast sweep time by injecting custom sweeps that would slow down the demon sweep? IE it can probably sweep the whole Band twice in the time it takes start a custom sweep, stop, move to the next section and start again and repeat for the following section.

Speaking of having a new V1, ordered mine this morning and it should be here tomorrow. Put my V1 up on Craig's List yesterday with all accessories, spare second windshield mount (so only the RD needs moved between vehicles), and Blend Mount at $525 and it sold for $500 in 4 hours!

romclean

MiNdLe$$ $ouL
Advanced User
Reaction score
From looking at the Patents (not having a unit on hand to prove or see it), I am of the opinion that custom sweeps would be useless on the new V1 and would actually hurt performance. If the new logic Patent actually determines a signal is not Radar but an LO and rejects it preventing a false Alert plus at the same time is basically used to compare a signal in the FPGA and DSP eliminating as many false alerts as possible, why slowdown the demon fast sweep time by injecting custom sweeps that would slow down the demon sweep? IE it can probably sweep the whole Band twice in the time it takes start a custom sweep, stop, move to the next section and start again and repeat for the following section.

Speaking of having a new V1, ordered mine this morning and it should be here tomorrow. Put my V1 up on Craig's List yesterday with all accessories, spare second windshield mount (so only the RD needs moved between vehicles), and Blend Mount at $525 and it sold for $500 in 4 hours!

I ordered mine Tuesday morning and yet to hear anything?? Lucky ha

Duffer5

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
double post, deleted. sorry.

Last edited:

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I ordered mine Tuesday morning and yet to hear anything?? Lucky ha

I ordered mine first thing when they opened and had an email this afternoon with my Confirmation Number and my FedEx Tracking Number.

Did you ask for UPS or FedEx shipping? Haven't received a Con# ? Or Tracking Number?

romclean

MiNdLe$$ $ouL
Advanced User
Reaction score
I ordered mine first thing when they opened and had an email this afternoon with my Confirmation Number and my FedEx Tracking Number.

Did you ask for UPS or FedEx shipping? Haven't received a Con# ? Or Tracking Number?

I asked for fed ex shipping. They said I would get a confirmation email once shipped ect. Still no email or charge on my card.

Riley1524

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

That sucks. I also ordered Tuesday with FedEx shipping and was told it would be next week

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That sucks. I also ordered Tuesday with FedEx shipping and was told it would be next week

Bummer, sorry to hear that guys. Maybe they did see how many V1s I have ordered in the last 28 years plus upgrades and cut me a break with a quick ship or I just got lucky. We had to eliminate 5 old addresses in my file and change my email address to my current one.

Riley1524

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Bummer, sorry to hear that guys. Maybe they did see how many V1s I have ordered in the last 28 years plus upgrades and cut me a break with a quick ship or I just got lucky. We had to eliminate 5 old addresses in my file and change my email address to my current one.

No worries. Glad others are getting theirs.

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I asked for fed ex shipping. They said I would get a confirmation email once shipped ect. Still no email or charge on my card.

I would call them. If they detect anything “funny” they will freeze the order.

Hahns52

Ass Möde
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I wasn't given a ship date. I asked about ordering and she said "do you mean pre-order?", I said "well I heard you guys were shipping them out" and she said "we have shipped a few to people that have been waiting a long time". She said the website would be updated by the end of next week. I haven't received a confirmation or anything, but she was having a computer problem and said she might have to call me back. I'll probably call back tomorrow and verify my order actually made it in.

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Those who have not yet received a confirmation, were you in the V1 system yet? I know of a wednesday late morning order, that had ordered from V1 in the past and was in their system, is getting delivered tomorrow by ups. With email tracking info from V1.

romclean

MiNdLe$$ $ouL
Advanced User
Reaction score
Those who have not yet received a confirmation, were you in the V1 system yet? I know of a wednesday late morning order, that had ordered from V1 in the past and was in their system, is getting delivered tomorrow by ups. With email tracking info from V1.
Nah, I was a new customer. I assume that’s the reason.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761