Improper turn ticket

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have two options, either pay the ticket or go to traffic school, as my attorney advised that fighting Lake County Illinois Police judges is going to be tough.
I am leaning towards traffic safety school, what would you advise to do if you were in my shoes?

PointerCone

M3 Kng
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have two options, either pay the ticket or go to traffic school, as my attorney advised that fighting Lake County Illinois Police judges is going to be tough.
I am leaning towards traffic safety school, what would you advise to do if you were in my shoes?
What was the improper turn and where?? First go around, you can ask for continuance. Then you can still opt for traffic school or do it online.

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What was the improper turn and where?? First go around, you can ask for continuance. Then you can still opt for traffic school or do it online.
The improper turn was on a local road, off of Milwaukee Avenue, in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. I will go ahead and do that if possible, and if all else fails then traffic school it is. Thanks again for your time to respond.

Tallyho

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends how much research you want to do. Traffic safety school is the tried and true route and you will have that on your record for 12 months at least.

The other route that is more difficult but more rewarding is the possibility of demonstrating your innocence if you have a solid case.

The legality of the improper turn is dependent first on the compliance of the city of BG with the MUTCD or Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. If you can show that BG did not conform to the MUTCD then you stand a chance of being found not guilty.

Let me know the local road and I can help determine if BG is out of compliance or if you are out of luck.

@PointerCone In your personal experience did you ever see a case where the MUTCD defense was raised?

Last edited:

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't know the laws in your area but what are the penalties for pleading not guilty?
If none what do you have to lose, you can still go to traffic school if you lose. If you have a case I would fight it, especially if you didn't do it.
This is where car cameras are your friend. I'm 5 for 5 at fighting tickets and winning. 3 of them were mistakes made by LE on the ticket. If a LEO can't get a ticket right, that he's trained for and practices daily, how can I trust his ability to asses my violation?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcthome