Highway 4 Martinez Area Speed signs not being detected?

ssj92

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

If you are traveling towards Martinez on Highway 4 or even away towards 680, in the construction area, there are two speed signs, one on each side. .

Speed limit is 55 and 45 in those areas due to construction.

I cannot pickup any radar from either one. One seems like a newer sign with a white LED display.

I even turned on K band and nothing.

I have segmented for 33.8, 34.7 and 35.5 on KA.

Do these use radar?

thebravo

Security
Security
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably radar that's being filtered out by the detector or outside the detectors range. What detector are you using?

ssj92

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Probably radar that's being filtered out by the detector or outside the detectors range. What detector are you using?
Valentine one. I just find it odd, both signs are not being detected, I thought these signs would be within the range of our detectors. It's very rare to see any KA band speed signs. I've only seen one ever, mostly they use K band here for speed signs.

I have my segments to cover +/- 100mhz on each band as well for 33.8, 34.7 and 35.5 so if it's out of that range I guess that makes sense.

thebravo

Security
Security
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
They maybe a low powered frequency modulated kband signal, in which case the V1 might be filtering it out under junk K. Do you get other kband alerts?

ssj92

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes, I get all k band alerts possible. My V1 is a DSP model without K Junk Fighter.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rush2112md