What Lidar, laser gun should I purchase to test my TMG A-15?

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was looking at the Kustom signals pro lite +
and A pro laser 3. Should I also look into a TruSpeed ?

RaggedEdge

RDForum owner and Rdtalk.org Founder
Administrator
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The holy grail is a DragonEye with ECCM. If you can't get one of those, I'd go for a Stalker XLR or RLR.

riseboi

The Martian
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, you won't typically find those on eBay and should be cautious who you try and buy from. And you if want to go from paying sub $500 for your first gun to +$2K, well, that's your prerogative.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can spend the extra the TSS goes for $700-1100 used. PL3/Ultralyte 2020 would be good for basic testing and for any major install issues. For the newer Stalkers they go for $2000+ which is a tough pill to swallow.

NorEaster18

Probably stuck in traffic...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom around here is that you should test against the hardest gun you are likely to face. You can also ask for help from a tester on here with the guns you need in your area. Everyone here is pretty damn helpful, from my experience.

If you don't want to go down the rabbit hole of getting into an expensive VPR gun, a Truspeed 20/20 seems to be a well liked choice around here. It is a very narrow beam pattern, so it is much easier to find weaknesses in your install.

Want to go even lower in price? I love my UltraLyte LR B. It is also good at finding weaknesses in installs (not as narrow as a Truspeed 20/20, however) and it is a very fun gun to shoot.

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Probably would help to post your budget, since prices range drastically. I found my LTI Marksman for $75 on eBay, which is about as cheap as it gets to start doing basic testing.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcthome