Highway Radar: a poll

Please check all that applicable. (only for those who uses Highway Radar)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As I mentioned several times before, Highway Radar doesn't collect any analytics data. This means that I have no idea how do people use the application.
To better prioritize the new features, a good understanding of usage patterns is crucial. So I want to ask you about the features of the application you use most.

I invite everyone who uses the application to participate in the poll. Since RDF allows only one poll per thread, I'll add options of various subjects here. Please select all that apply to your use case.
For example, if you normally use the app in the map mode and occasionally drive a motorcycle switching the app to the arrows, select all of:
  • Running the app in map mode
  • Running the app in arrows mode
  • Using the app on a motorcycle
Also if you have something more to tell, you're welcome to the comments. Please tell us about your way of using Highway Radar.

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
why (depending on settings) i get dead straight pointing arrow with ("opposite") word right beside?

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
why (depending on settings) i get dead straight pointing arrow with ("opposite") word right beside?
"Opposite" for police reports means that the police are facing other direction than you. In other words, it is on the other side of the road.

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Ok, i get it now, thank you!
Post automatically merged:

And about map, (you know i use rooted devices without google), for showing map, do i need google maps?

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Ok, i get it now, thank you!
Post automatically merged:

And about map, (you know i use rooted devices without google), for showing map, do i need google maps?
Yes, for using maps Google Services are required (not sure if you need the "Google Maps" app itself though). Unfortunately implementing the same level of features without GMaps is either too time-consuming or too expensive.

Reactions: gra

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to explain my answers a bit as they will change more as the app changes. For the past while I was using it as road trips only reason being was the reports not being same road. The area I commute through daily has multiple highways within a couple miles of each other and they cross each other a lot so I was getting a lot of alerts about threats on other roadways unless the alerting distance was really short (and even then). Now with the same road alerts and the ability to not alert to unknown aircraft it's much quieter and provides me more useful info. Primary purpose for me is the aircraft alerts as they do air enforcement in my area. And when I travel the heat maps are nice as well as the aircraft coverage. I don't have the range set super long for alerts, I think 2 miles as that's sufficient for me generally, I watch the screens in highwayradar and Waze as I drive so I spot the pins pretty far out. Terrain is easy down here most of the time too so if they are running IO getting an early sniff is usually easy.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I'm just going to explain my answers a bit as they will change more as the app changes. For the past while I was using it as road trips only reason being was the reports not being same road. The area I commute through daily has multiple highways within a couple miles of each other and they cross each other a lot so I was getting a lot of alerts about threats on other roadways unless the alerting distance was really short (and even then). Now with the same road alerts and the ability to not alert to unknown aircraft it's much quieter and provides me more useful info. Primary purpose for me is the aircraft alerts as they do air enforcement in my area. And when I travel the heat maps are nice as well as the aircraft coverage. I don't have the range set super long for alerts, I think 2 miles as that's sufficient for me generally, I watch the screens in highwayradar and Waze as I drive so I spot the pins pretty far out. Terrain is easy down here most of the time too so if they are running IO getting an early sniff is usually easy.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Actually this also matches how I used it before. The only reason is that before same-street alerts I still used it on a daily basis and utilized profiles for switching between short- and long-range detection.

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got turned on to this app by @thebravo today. All I can say is wow!!!! I'm still trying to figure out how everything works but I set the distance the farthest away. Aircraft warning. Something like 24 as the backup and waze. Bravo was so patient with me. They dont use a lot of aircraft here but I like to try new things. If u have any suggestions please shoot them my way

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMCCM