Highway Radar v2.2.1

Stevedore

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Great app, was running errands today and saw a LEO mark that was fairly close to me and decided to take a look. The result was a I/O 35.4 encounter in a 20 mph school zone, circles on app are nice!

mb300sd

PSL +200
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any chance of being able to submit to Waze from within the app? I'm constantly posting reports 1/4 to 1/2 miles off because of the time it takes for Waze to load when switching.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Any chance of being able to submit to Waze from within the app? I'm constantly posting reports 1/4 to 1/2 miles off because of the time it takes for Waze to load when switching.
It is tricky though I have some thoughts on it. It also a problem for me, so wait for new updates :)

Rocky Road

Traveling Past Slow Pokes One Car At A Time
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have not used this in awhile, but I'm noticing that some of the icons are cut off. I just updated it.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have not used this in awhile, but I'm noticing that some of the icons are cut off. I just updated it.
What do you mean by icons in this context? Do you mean you mean map icons or some other UI icons?

Rocky Road

Intermediate User
Reaction score
The street name, and the arrows.

*Edit*: Like I said, I have not used this in awhile, so i must admit that it's most likely user error.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
The street name, and the arrows.

*Edit*: Like I said, I have not used this in awhile, so i must admit that it's most likely user error.
Can you send a screenshot so I can confirm if there is something wrong with the app?

Rocky Road

Intermediate User
Reaction score
Can you send a screenshot so I can confirm if there is something wrong with the app?

I only ran it on my way to lunch. I have a short 2hr trip for work in the morning, I'll run it then and see. I think it's something that I did. If it is an issue, then I'll let you know.
Post automatically merged:

Do you see at the top and bottom how some of it is cut off. I assume the top says Civil Air Patrol, but I can never get the whole part.
1584579208570.png

Last edited:

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Do you have larger fonts enabled? The text looks way big compared to my version.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I only ran it on my way to lunch. I have a short 2hr trip for work in the morning, I'll run it then and see. I think it's something that I did. If it is an issue, then I'll let you know.

Do you see at the top and bottom how some of it is cut off. I assume the top says Civil Air Patrol, but I can never get the whole part.
View attachment 142598
Now I understand what you mean. I've added this problem to my bug tracker an will try to resolve it by the next version. The root cause is larger font in settings.

Last edited:

Rocky Road

Intermediate User
Reaction score
Do you have larger fonts enabled? The text looks way big compared to my version.
That could be it, I'll check. Didn't know about that feature. Thank You!

Now I understand what you mean. I've added this problem to my bug tracker an will try to resolve it by the next version. To root cause is larger font in settings.
Ok, thank you! It was hard to explain, but a picture is worth a thousand words as they say.

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Had another thought on usability today. On the Arrows view the risk level for each alert is displayed with the colored dots, which is a nice visual to see at a glance. On the Map view it's a number within the risk direction arrow, which I don't think is as easy to view when you're just trying to quickly look at the phone. It can also look more like an enumeration of the alert rather than the actual risk value.

It may just about be possible to squeeze the dots in under the operator text by pushing all the text up in the alert bar, which would make it consistent with the Arrows display, but it also occurred to me that there might be a good spot for the dots to sit under the distance.

Just a thought, but I love the clarity of the Arrows display, although would prefer this view on the Map view.

Stevedore

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have larger font enabled on my phone and sometimes, not always though, the stop icon on bottom of screen can't be accessed.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Had another thought on usability today. On the Arrows view the risk level for each alert is displayed with the colored dots, which is a nice visual to see at a glance. On the Map view it's a number within the risk direction arrow, which I don't think is as easy to view when you're just trying to quickly look at the phone. It can also look more like an enumeration of the alert rather than the actual risk value.

It may just about be possible to squeeze the dots in under the operator text by pushing all the text up in the alert bar, which would make it consistent with the Arrows display, but it also occurred to me that there might be a good spot for the dots to sit under the distance.

Just a thought, but I love the clarity of the Arrows display, although would prefer this view on the Map view.
I agree with you on this, however, it is really hard to squeeze these dots somewhere. I'll think what I can do about it, though won't promise anything now.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have larger font enabled on my phone and sometimes, not always though, the stop icon on bottom of screen can't be accessed.
Oh, that is weird. The stop icon should always be accessible, even is the layout totally screwed up. I'll ensure that is the case in the next version.

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Observation for today: in landscape mode the speed limit doesn't display (just the current speed). This may be a design choice based on available screen real estate, but wanted to draw attention to it in case it's an oversight.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Observation for today: in landscape mode the speed limit doesn't display (just the current speed). This may be a design choice based on available screen real estate, but wanted to draw attention to it in case it's an oversight.
Could you send a screenshot?

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMCCM