Highway Radar v2.2.1

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@plm, Thanks for the detailed feedback.

Will try to reproduce this, thanks for the heads up. I assume, you're using the beta version, right?
Also can you explain how does the "lock up" look? Is the app completely irresponsive or just don't receive the data updates?
Yes, using 2.2.1. The screen becomes unresponsive and stops updating, so you can't hit any of the buttons or move the display around.
Post automatically merged:

3. It would be nice to be able to name the A, B, and C profiles so you could have some text below the letter that describes what the profile is for.
The other thing I noticed with the profiles is that if you have a profile selected and then make changes to your settings, that profile remains highlighted, despite the fact that you are no longer really using that profile. You're actually using an unsaved set of settings at that point.

Last edited:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you mean recording your track along with the issued alerts?
Yeah, like location and speed. # of cops passed etc.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, like location and speed. # of cops passed etc.
Is there any benefit of having this other than satisfying the curiosity? To be honest I don't see any. I have many features in the backlog that make driving safer or using the app easier, and I'm not sure if it is a good idea to prioritize history collection over them.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
just for my personal driving endeavors. No worries.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
1. It seems to lock up when you leave it running but unattended for a while at home, irrespective of whether you've got the auto shutdown enabled or not
A little update on this one. I received several reports from Google Play that this issue may happen in a very rare case (4 users affected so far). These reports also contain technical info that can help with resolving the issue. I'll try to push the update soon. For now, force closing and restarting the app should help.

mb300sd

PSL +200
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the freezing issue as well in the background. Have to kill the app before it works again.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I'm getting the freezing issue as well in the background. Have to kill the app before it works again.
I've allocated a time on the next weekend to make a fix for this issue.

Yippeekyaa

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Can Highway Radar be made to store the data of location and speed?
This is available in waze but only visible on their website. When you log into your account there it shows recent drives and you can see the track and speed anywhere on the track. Plus it shows times of the starting and ending of the drive.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can anyone else see a possible downside to this?
The tracking? I personally just want it for cannonball. Otherwise, Yes I do not like having my information sent out.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
The tracking? I personally just want it for cannonball. Otherwise, Yes I do not like having my information sent out.
As I'm already continuously gathering crowdsourced reports, I can pull the past data for any GPS track. PM me if you're interested.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Just a quick note that I've pushed this version to production. The production version has the following changes comparing to v2.2.1 beta:
- Fixed bug when auto shutdown on no movement actually froze the app instead of shutting it down.
- Fixed missing police reports in crowdsourced alerts in very dense urban areas.
- Disabled sound on starting the service

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thank you! Looking forward to testing this over the next few days.

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
One thing I thought of today as a possible enhancement would be an automatic unmute threshold. For instance if you have same street alerting at 3 miles for high speed cruising but aren't going all that fast then you're going to mute the alert, but you might want it to aubibly alert again much closer to the LEO as a reminder. Or do you deal with this by setting the alert speed to >PSL?

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
One thing I thought of today as a possible enhancement would be an automatic unmute threshold. For instance if you have same street alerting at 3 miles for high speed cruising but aren't going all that fast then you're going to mute the alert, but you might want it to aubibly alert again much closer to the LEO as a reminder. Or do you deal with this by setting the alert speed to >PSL?
Something similar is already planned :)

Maz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@ferius : In it's current configuration will any alerts display or announce on Android Auto, or is it strictly on the phone - Bluetooth audio connections aside?

Is there a way to donate?

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
@ferius : In it's current configuration will any alerts display or announce on Android Auto, or is it strictly on the phone - Bluetooth audio connections aside?

Is there a way to donate?
Hi @Maz3, unfortunately AAuto is a very closed system so the app works strictly on the phone screen. Whether to route audio via Bluetooth or via the phone speaker is controlled with "Play alert sound as alarm" switch in "Sound" section of settings. You can find info about donating here https://highwayradar.com/credits/ thanks :)

Maz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi @Maz3, unfortunately AAuto is a very closed system so the app works strictly on the phone screen. Whether to route audio via Bluetooth or via the phone speaker is controlled with "Play alert sound as alarm" switch in "Sound" section of settings. You can find info about donating here https://highwayradar.com/credits/ thanks :)
Done! What is this "Bicoin" you've listed? ;-)

I challenge all users of @ferius Highway Radar Android app to make a donation to https://highwayradar.com/credits/

There is more effort and time involved in programming than many realize and his app is very usable at this point, even though it appears to remain a work in progress. I've never seen a developer react faster to user requests - so share some love with @ferius ladies and gents and buy him a "lunch" ;-)

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMCCM