Radar 35.5 Almost IOwned

LibbyD

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have driven through this area many times and have never seen any enforcement. It's a 35 mph zone but should really be a 45. Most people go around 50 and I usually have people riding my bumper even at that speed. Thankfully, I must have been right below his threshold today.

The video continues about 8 seconds after I pass him, only to hear his next blast of IO 35.5 for the guy a few hundred yards behind me. That guy wasn't as fortunate because I saw the "blue light special" lights come on and he got pulled over. I don't have a rear cam set up.

Not happy with the resolution on this video - on my phone it looks awesome, but after editing (even with highest quality settings on iMovie), it sucks. Sorry.

pw: LibbyD101

DocTJ

Advanced User
Reaction score
:eek:
there was no warning or ramp up really
The first blip I wonder if he just flicked it on and it was powering up before it went full blast Into you. Stealthy spot too.
Empty road and looks almost uphill too so most would be accelerating to overcome the grade.
thanks for sharing

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, shows to take the very first KA alert seriously since it can be extremely close just like that.

RadarScout

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have driven through this area many times and have never seen any enforcement. It's a 35 mph zone but should really be a 45. Most people go around 50 and I usually have people riding my bumper even at that speed. Thankfully, I must have been right below his threshold today.

The video continues about 8 seconds after I pass him, only to hear his next blast of IO 35.5 for the guy a few hundred yards behind me. That guy wasn't as fortunate because I saw the "blue light special" lights come on and he got pulled over. I don't have a rear cam set up.

Not happy with the resolution on this video - on my phone it looks awesome, but after editing (even with highest quality settings on iMovie), it sucks. Sorry.

pw: LibbyD101

It would be easy to run up on him and get busted at his den. Nice detection.

LibbyD

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, in fact I thought I was a goner. Didn't react quickly because I was totally surprised, and because he had me dead-to-rights. Must have slowed just enough to avoid the ticket

It would be easy to run up on him and get busted at his den. Nice detection.

Marty K

Always Driving Vigilantly
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I wonder about that very first beep. There was no LOS between you and the LEO. So maybe he was using the front antenna for the oncoming traffic, and switched to rear just before you were in sight? There was an oncoming vehicle (seen when you paused the video to show the LEO), which could have been a good target at that moment...

Last edited:

LibbyD

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder about that very first beep. There was no LOS between you and the LEO. So maybe he was using the front antenna for the oncoming traffic, and switched to rear just before you were in sight??
Could be. The double hit made my V1 think it was two bogeys, but it was just him. Maybe he did as you suggested. That first blip probably saved me.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing and I am glad the blue lights were not for you!

RoadDogg

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@LibbyD , thanks for sharing the video! Definitely a challenging terrain situation with the curve plus add in I/O to the mix. I was about to ask what detector you were running as I knew that warning tone sounded familiar, and I saw later on in the thread you were running a V1. I haven’t had a V1 in 4 years (my last V1 was stolen in Feb of 2016). I am hoping to get another V1 once they come back in stock.

Anyway, at the end of the day, it was a save. Blue light specials are good if you are shopping at K-Mart (I am likely showing my age as I am not sure how many K-Marts are still around), but they are not good if you are dealing with a LEO doing traffic enforcement. I am glad you didn’t didn’t get a “blue light special” that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Al73ssan