Lexus IS 2012

woopies

Lurking
Intermediate User
Reaction score

It's been years in saving and managed to finally pulled the trigger on a used alp system. Looking for some confirmation/suggestions on a Lexus IS 250. Previous conversion with Choose held here.

I was going to do 3 heads (Rx only) up front (upper portion of the lower grille); however, testing shows that there are PTs. :/ Has anyone had better luck running 2 Rx, 1Tx (red/orange)? If adding a Tx increases the flexibility and rigidity of the setup I'll shoot for that instead.

1582683332173.png

1582683773683.png

LuckyXII

Drive it like you stole it!
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not sure if DE is used in California, but if so, you should definitely get a TX head for adequate protection.

I would try the two top orange spots of the grill with a TX head in the middle just above the emblem.

If possible, try temporarily mounting the heads then have the system tested to ensure optimal mounting locations.

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
DE isn't used in CA at this point so you are probably fine with a dual RX, but a triple RX should do pretty well in the red section even against DE. Check out he Lexus RC350 in the winter test it did, it's a similar front end and it did very well : https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?threads/95389/

woopies

Lurking
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks guys. I'll definitely try red. :D

USAir767

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Choose Life might be able to help you
He had a similar car with the heads in the lower grill and was JTG against DE

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
De would destroy that set up you need one tx pointed 3° up and 2 rx on the top ledge of bottom spoiler all the way out pointed 3°
That way the rx can see for and the tx will protect your HLs and fog lights. Its the only way for this car on nemnew unless you want to drill into bunoerwhich unnecessary
A custom up and down on the inside of the hood can be built with moderate prep so a screw is all you have to do to adjust ° of tx
Mount rx with 3m tape at top of spoiler as far our as possible. The tx will do the rest
Over a half dozen targeted hits 17 over, 24 over, 21 over. Must get JTK under 3 5 seconds preferably 3 4 seconds is not an option unless doing 40 plus
If you cant stop that fast buy better brakes. If you still cant stop that fast buy a 4 door rocket. If you you still can stop that fast
Practice night a day for a week
If you still cant stop that fast slow down you're going to kill someone

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
De would destroy that set up you need one tx pointed 3° up and 2 rx on the top ledge of bottom spoiler all the way out pointed 3°
I'm often seeing posts to angle the sensors up a degree or in this case 3. Not questioning that it works for your install, just wondering what the theory behind it is as ALP's instructions are very clear sensors should be level.

Thanks

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm often seeing posts to angle the sensors up a degree or in this case 3. Not questioning that it works for your install, just wondering what the theory behind it is as ALP's instructions are very clear sensors should be level.

Thanks

Bc the suspension absorbs bumps jostles stability control levels it so what you think is 0° is really not when in motion
Plus most roads are straight but point down a degree or two when asphalt is layed north or south east or west

You're likely to be hit on the hwy where the suspension flexes most and could be 0° at install and 7° down when you get hit
The difference is monstrous
Post automatically merged:

I'm interested to know how red works bc it looks like a better setup then I had
Post automatically merged:

If you mean the red bars you'll get pts at 600ft down

Last edited:

woopies

Lurking
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That way the rx can see for and the tx will protect your HLs and fog lights. Its the only way for this car on nemnew unless you want to drill into bunoerwhich unnecessary
A custom up and down on the inside of the hood can be built with moderate prep so a screw is all you have to do to adjust ° of tx
Mount rx with 3m tape at top of spoiler as far our as possible. The tx will do the rest
Over a half dozen targeted hits 17 over, 24 over, 21 over. Must get JTK under 3 5 seconds preferably 3 4 seconds is not an option unless doing 40 plus
If you cant stop that fast buy better brakes. If you still cant stop that fast buy a 4 door rocket. If you you still can stop that fast
Practice night a day for a week
If you still cant stop that fast slow down you're going to kill someone

Sorry for the late reply.

How did you make your up/down brackets? Also, did you see any instances where ALP TX would blind itself from running it so low?.

Just to be clear this is what you are describing? RX Yellow, TX Green
Note: The RX position has an offset from the most outer edge because its intake for the front brakes (drilling in to bumper)
1582683332173.png

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy