Western Australia [Edit : RD's now illegal from 12 Oct 2020] - Section 111 - Possible RD ban via overly broad stealth legislation

Mayuri Krab

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Everything seems quite besides that one post on WA police FB page about some poor sod that got done for the $1.2k + 7 points fine...

Last week Peeked into some police cars near my parents suburb (semi rural) & I couldn’t see any RDDs mounted on the windscreen...

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
up to date im still seeing the odd few on wannarro road indian ocean drive with dash mounted dtectors . if i can spot them easily im sure a trained eye will spot them easier

SeanTheSheep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Soooo...
Can anyone point me in the direction of an Armor Box or similar for a V1G1? Or any other hidden install ideas? Only want the phone app to be visible. Just until they eventually start using RDD's, but by then Theia should be out.. 😂

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Soooo...
Can anyone point me in the direction of an Armor Box or similar for a V1G1? Or any other hidden install ideas? Only want the phone app to be visible. Just until they eventually start using RDD's, but by then Theia should be out.. 😂
Found one years ago on a German website, but looks like they only do the complete package for the Gen 2 now ;

I guess this is what you're after, but the pricing link just takes you to ebay with no matching items ;

It does tell you the Armor box dimensions though ;

Dimensions: approx 110 x 37 x 130 mm (4.33 x 1.45 x 5.12 inches)

As I've mentioned before, make sure you don't run in factory 'A' mode which makes the V1G1 much more detectable to Spectre RDD, but run in custom sweeps 'C' mode with X band off. My 3.8945 is much less detectable in 'C' mode.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Mayuri Krab

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is there any shops in WA still selling RDs?

thinking about getting a Genevo but the shop I used to get my V1Gen2 is no longer stocking RDs and I’m hesitant to buy from overseas if there’s a chance it might get stuck in customs...

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
thinking about getting a Genevo but the shop I used to get my V1Gen2 is no longer stocking RDs and I’m hesitant to buy from overseas if there’s a chance it might get stuck in customs...
If you're after a Genevo windshield mount One M, Paul in Morley is still selling them ;

Paul is the Genevo distributor, Rowan at radarsdirect used to get them from him, and vice versa for the V1's.

If you want the Radenso windshield equivalent detector (Pro M), Tim at DGC still sells them ;

They also both stock the Genevo / Radenso remote install versions as well

If you want good poliscan detection you need to go with Genevo, but FYI the firmware for the One M / Pro M is interchangable (I'm running Genevo firmware on my Pro M at the moment)

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charliebird