Western Australia - Section 111 - Possible RD ban via overly broad stealth legislation to be voted on - objections required ASAP

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

ADRAWA said:
This legislation could affect members by granting the power to the Police and Office of Road Safety to decide what “devices” on vehicles could be banned in WA. This bypasses the usual Legislative scrutiny.

The proposed legislation does not define “device” so could include, radar detectors, Phones, GPS systems with WAZE or google maps, it could also include bull bars or awnings, Gopros on motorbikes. It is also intended to ban the passengers from having a banned device as well.

This section 111 of the legislation has been included at the end of the bill and has no relevance to the Road Traffic Amendment (Impaired Driving and Penalties) Bill 2019. By adding this irrelevant section to the Impaired Driving and Penalties Bill, the Police Minister is effectively proposing legislation by stealth.

The current Police Minister states that “the executive will not use the power inappropriately”. But once in place, this section grants legislative authority now and in the future, to the Police and Road Safety Authority to ban any “device” they deem fit, without proper consideration or discussion by the voted Members of Parliament.
Please visit the link, download the objection templates and send to the relevant parties mentioned in the link

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wow!

If only I had an address in WA, I would happily send an objection.
Desperate measures ;

ADRAWA said:
The proposal to ban radar detectors in WA was opposed by WA Parliament in 1998, 2003, 2006 and 2012 based on the facts and lack of any report or evidence to support such a ban.
Its like that Simpson's episode where Lisa paper clip's the law they want passed, to the back of one that will get a unanimous vote of approval, and hope it doesn't get noticed

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
How much time left is there? Maybe we can setup a page which submits this by email to your relevant local officials, to make it easier for Western Australia citizens to fill out and contribute?

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Next legislative council sits on 10 March 2020, so still time ;

Section 111PNG.PNG

Post automatically merged:

Have e-mailed Perth Revenue Raiser Resistance, as I;m not on Facebook ;

They will get a good response

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool. Let us know what efforts you find out about. Perhaps once we find out the best place to organize efforts, we can ask if the RDF Admins will support a bulletin on the top of the forum calling all Western Australia members to take action, sign the petition, mail a pre-drafted letter or their own, and call their legislators.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the responses that I did receive back from the Liberal and Independent MLC members is that they don't support the inclusion of 111, and will vote against it on 10 March.

There are 22 Lib & Ind opposition MLC members, and 14 Aus Labor Party govt members, so a very good chance this will not pass into state law.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well the responses that I did receive back from the Liberal and Independent MLC members is that they don't support the inclusion of 111, and will vote against it on 10 March.

There are 22 Lib & Ind opposition MLC members, and 14 Aus Labor Party govt members, so a very good chance this will not pass into state law.
are you refering to the keep left rule LOL

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well this is shit... time to upgrade to Stealth RDs?
Knew there was a reason I kept my STi-R+ head for ALP integration :)

Hopefully won't be required, and the new V1 Gen2 will continue to provide excellent warning to the 'corrected' TraffiStar S350's :).

Also try detecting the new Radenso Theia with a Spectre RDD. Looks like we'll be detecting the Spectre with a nice warning, with the Theia being completely stealth to the Spectre.

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Country is going to shit, slowly but surely. Good luck guys, give it your best shot.
Funny this happens right before Theia is about to drop isn't it? The buggars see it on the horizon most likely. Big money at stake.

Last edited:

Mayuri Krab

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

That's some good news, hopefully the ban gets pushed back like it as been for the past decade (when I bought my 1st V1)

Fingers crossed.

Knew there was a reason I kept my STi-R+ head for ALP integration :)

Hopefully won't be required, and the new V1 Gen2 will continue to provide excellent warning to the 'corrected' TraffiStar S350's :).
Where did you get the new V1 from? I might buy one if the ban gets pushed back...

And what do you recommand as the best RDD immune portable RD for picking those mobile laser cams?

The new Genevo M?

Thanks.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the new V1 from? I might buy one if the ban gets pushed back...
Haven't got one yet ! From the FCC pics, the lidar sensor in the Gen 2 looks similar to G1, so assuming similar capabilities, so long as any new filtering doesn't reduce poliscan detection.

And what do you recommand as the best RDD immune portable RD for picking those mobile laser cams?

The new Genevo M?
Out of the currently available detectors ;

True stealth (nose to nose with Spectre) - Redline EX
Real life scenario stealth (RD equipped car passing police car with Spectre) - Genevo One M

Obviously the One M is much smaller and concealable than the EX
Post automatically merged:

Doesn't look like you need to worry now about the ban and the new V1 Gen2 ;

Last edited:

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking good so far ;

Bill SNP.PNG

Sitting again tomorrow - yet to reach this Bill in the order of events since 10 March.

Bill as proposed prior to above SNP ;
Proposed Bill.PNG

Last edited:

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Looking good so far ;

View attachment 141898

Sitting again tomorrow - yet to reach this Bill in the order of events since 10 March.

Bill as proposed prior to above SNP ;View attachment 141899
Surely this is not a priority in Government right now? Have to keep an eye on it tho, with all the other stuff going on, be a great sneak move to slide it through timing wise.

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
definitely taking aim at jammers and detectors..

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still not been read in state parliament - they might get to it tomorrow on the order of business.

definitely taking aim at jammers and detectors..
Definitely - LJ's were banned in Dec 2017. This is the last desperate move to try and finish off RD's, and also delegate state power to the police governor who can then decide what else they want to ban, like Waze on phones etc, and GPS based camera warnings etc.

Mayuri Krab

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hopefully it gets pushed back like the last (couple of) times they tried...

Also people in Eastern states with a (stealth) RD, where do you go and mount it so less likely to be seen as I assume mounting it in the center of the windscreen is just a dead giveaway to police... up top near the rear view mirror?

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesus359