front & rear windshield detectors

SimKool

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Realized I have an extra RD (my wife rarely uses hers), and I'm taking a road trip soon. Worth putting her RD in my rear window? Gain better protection? See it in my RVM, or waste of time?

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Generally running two detectors in the same vehicle at the same time is not a great idea, they can interfere with each other and cause missed alerts or lowered sensitivity. If you have a large vehicle like a van and not terribly leaky detectors you might be ok. I have had ok luck in my minivan with this but interference is random. As long as you have one good RD up front you should do OK.

UnderCover

Beep...Beep...Beep Beep...Beeeeeeeeeep!
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It's possible to use 2 radar detectors. I do when I go long distance traveling and works awesome. It all depends on what kind of radar detectors you use, how close the 2 detectors are and the settings for each detectors. There are several of us on this forum run 2 detectors. I have an R3 in front and an R1 in the rear. My set up for the R3, laser off, K filter on, MRCD on, Ka filter off but segmented. The rear set up R1, laser off, K filter Off, MRCD off, Ka filter off but segmented. The rear R1 only alerts me for Ka only. That's what I want to be alerted for.
The reason my laser is turned off on both, I already have laser jammers in the front and rear of my car.
Before my old set up was an R3 in the front same set up as above and my K40 RL100 in the rear only Ka band on and K band off and laser off.
I gone long distance driving with both of these set ups for several years now and will continue using 2 radar detectors. But my main set up is the R3 and R1 because they both have awesome radar detection for long distance.
Once again several members on this forum have set ups with 2 radar detectors. So, yes it's possible to do and worth it for extra awareness and protection.
Give it a try and set your rear only for Ka On and everything else off.
Hope this will work out for you and be safe out there!

KrazyK

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
As others have said, it is important to have good quality units that won't interfere with each other. I am running my ProM and R3 in the front and a Redline (set only to Ka) in the rear and it works incredibly well. I do get interference rarely in close proximity to other vehicles such as waiting for a red light, otherwise great detection on the open road.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 4 ghetto arrow setups and they are unbeatable against I/O, off axis and range from the front and rear! It all depends on the detectors used and how they are set up. 3 of them are R1/Redline-O, while the other is a R1/R1 setup. I've never seen even a trace of interference or had any problems running them! We have also tested them countless times on both our long range course and against off axis against 35.5 and K band with no issues. On the other hand, I tried running 2 Whistlers together just for kicks and I thought they were going to catch each other on fire! The bottom line is, unless you have a lot of experience setting up detectors, I wouldn't do it. Just know that it can be done with killer results! My favorite setup is in my Boss 302. I have a R1 in the front, a Redline-O in the rear and TMG quads as well! I've never felt more protected against anything that can be thrown at us! Now if TMG will just catch up with the DE guns we'll be all set!

Last edited:

R4D4RUS3R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If you do, I would set the rear to Ka only. Personal choice since K is out there but not that bad I would not think from the rear. I would focus on the Ka detection and remove the likelihood of falsing from the rear unless you plan to run a mute button to the front. The rear picking up K false that you could not reach would get old quick I think.

SimKool

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback about possible interference. Front Pro M, rear would be R3. I think I'll try R3 in rear with Ka only and see how it goes.

UnderCover

Beep...Beep...Beep Beep...Beeeeeeeeeep!
Intermediate User
Reaction score
By the way, I never got any interference with my R3 and R1. My old set up R3 and K40 RL100 never gave me interference too.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the feedback about possible interference. Front Pro M, rear would be R3. I think I'll try R3 in rear with Ka only and see how it goes.
Pro M and R3 will work awesome together!
You'll be happy for using front and rear radar detectors! Getto audible arrows!

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That's how I run all of my rear detectors as well, Ka band only and all of them are segged to 2-4-5-6-8 just in case I see some more out of tune Stalkers like we did last time we were out of state. Audio arrows rule!

SimKool

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I put the R3 in the rear window Ka only and went for a short test ride around town. No obvious problems, also no alerts, the local cops were napping, but headed for open read soon. thanks everyone!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I put the R3 in the rear window Ka only and went for a short test ride around town. No obvious problems, also no alerts, the local cops were napping, but headed for open read soon. thanks everyone!
Welcome to our world known as "ghetto arrows"! I've run a V1 for years and also tried a couple of R7's as well but my R1/Redline-O setups are the best I've ever run, right along with my R1/R1 setup! Extensive testing backs it up as well! You are going to love it!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Voughtrazer