Anyone from Chicago

mrnv

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Was just all around Chicago area last week with my R3. Ran VVaze on phone and Unidens new db did fairly well with cameras. Did notice what appeared to be Ka drones on the freeways with signs saying photo enforced speed limits in construction zones. Usually drones are K in Ohio. No-One was slowing down. Few times speed limit was 55 in and out of construction zones and people were doing 70 and 80 mph. Lot more people on the road in Illinois comp to Ohio.
Also had what I considered some short rang Ka alerts. Figured it was a combination of terrain and tricky placement / angling by enforcement.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!
Yeah even before I got the Pro M I'd cruise comfortably at 80-90 and just do my best to watch out for the Barney Fifes

mrnv

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Local on 159th headed towards Tinley Park and Governors Highway headed towards Flossmoor
Been reviewing previous forum posts on this and I believe all these Laser alerts are apart of the Laser falses the Pro M has had so I've turned it off.

Jason Diaz

Learning to Drive
General User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Does any one live in Chicago and if so what radar detector you use to combat redlight speed cameras and police radar. And what setting do you guys use

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
R7 and Highway Radar almost always in "City" mode, I turned off MRCD as every red light and speed camera emit it and its overwhelming.
Post automatically merged:

I live in Northbrook, so consider us neighbors bud. If you would want to ever meet up for testing or something just let me know, as I just acquired the pl3 lidar gun by Kustom Signals.
It would be nice to set up a Chicago testing session. My ALP is still untested in any encounter.

Last edited:

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to set up a Chicago testing session. My ALP is still untested in any encounter.
Contact the Mid-West Testing Group as they usually hold Lidar meets up in WI. @lugnuts

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choymw