News about The PA Automated Work Zone Speed Enforcement System

Exadata

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes, this has been posted before but, a good reminder. Remember to go all the way to the bottom of the page in the link and click on locations.

DocH

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes, this has been posted before but, a good reminder. Remember to go all the way to the bottom of the page in the link and click on locations.
Thanks for the reminder for Folks to go to the bottom Rt hand of the Penndot page to find the locations of the Work Zones being monitored!!
Doc

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
What tech is in these things? Can we detect or jam them?
Low powered k band radar. MRCD/MRCT very difficult to detect and a very short range. It would be something similar to my vid below. Per the law they have to post speed cameras in use signs prior to the construction zone

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
In 2018 there were 1,804 work zone crashes!
That's alot higher than I would have thought....
Doc
you have to take that into perspective. They always like to show statistics to do just that make people think its worse then it is to get them to buy into this BS.

in reality a good amount of those crashes had nothing to do with the fact it was in a construction zone. like rush hour bumper taps etc.
how many were actually active construction zones or just a stretch of road with some cone on the shoulder.

what are the statistics for non-work zones.
whats the actual % crashes/ volume of traffic in construction zones vs. non-work zones

take anything the government and media tells you with a grain of salt there is always an agenda and in this case is getting the public to buy into another revenue scheme

Last edited:

xesty

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I saw a road sign over the weekend that said 'MRCD SPEED DETECTION TO BEGIN MONDAY' (03/09/20).
I can't find any more info about this, I'm assuming it's the work zone cameras then. Have not seen any yet though or signs posted. Have to update my R7 :rolleyes:

IamGenZod

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I saw a road sign over the weekend that said 'MRCD SPEED DETECTION TO BEGIN MONDAY' (03/09/20).
I can't find any more info about this, I'm assuming it's the work zone cameras then. Have not seen any yet though or signs posted. Have to update my R7 :rolleyes:
I seen many of these signs as well. One of them on I79 south heading into pittsburgh.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesus359