About Highway Radar for iOS and other non-Android platforms

alloy00

vMax
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is really cool. I can't wait to buy the app :)

chapRD

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This is awesome, can't wait to try it out!

JaySC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
App is now calling out/receiving crowdsourced data for a box based on current location and converting the response into usable alerts. Spent a while cleaning the code up and learning about how to store said alerts in a usable way (nerd alert: have to persist to a cache on the main thread from the asynch network call, for those who are curious). This is necessary before I can start populating the map with dynamic alert markers. Once this is complete I'll be able to upload a screen video of the app starting up and loading all of the surrounding alert markers.

I'm running the Dustball Rally main event in July, so my goal is to have this ready for that event as a strenuous/final beta test. Been making good progress, but I don't necessarily expect to be able to keep this pace constant from now until then, so please bear with me. Likely won't be working on it for the next few days.

I'm sure that a lot of you don't care about these updates, but they help me to stay accountable. I'll likely slack off to a less-frequent interval so as to not clutter up the thread, not hold my feet to the fire every night or two, and have more to report when I do.

All in all, it's coming along and I'm excited about where it's headed!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikelonghair