PA and MRCD/T?

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What's the deal with MRCD in PA?

I went skiing yesterday and and on my way to the resort, I picked up MRCD/T once. I'm just going to call it MRCD since that's how the R7 reports. On my way back It alerted 4 times. I took the same route to and from, only a slight detour to get something to eat. I didn't see anything that stood out that the source and out of the 4 times it alerted, 3 were really strong and stayed latched. The one that was brief was on RT 30 going over a bridge. I assumed it was being used on the road we went over.

I guess my question is.. Is MRCD being used in PA and if so, how? If not being used, what the heck might it have been? Most of the hits were in and around Pottstown.

9C1Driver

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Trying to remember how it works, MRCD are permanent or fixed mounted speed cams. Best defense for them are a gps database. MRCT are the mobile enforcement trucks or vans and are much tougher to catch for most detectors. If you dont have either in PA turn it off.

omgboost

Left Lane Hog
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Any new Lexus or Subaru around when it alerted?

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have no idea what vehicles might have been around me because I was looking for stationary radar on a pole or box because that's what I see here in MD.

All I know is that in the past, at least here in MD, MRCD alerts have always been speed or RLCs. I've never had a vehicle set it off.

I had thought PA was all K band, but since I've never experienced MRCD from a car and it never went off like BSM. It was like a stationary MRCD radar alert.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy