New member from Wellington New Zealand

nzaudidriver

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi all from Wellington, New Zealand

Finally got around to replacing the Valentine V1 that was stolen from my car with a shiny new Uniden R7 (US version).
Still trying to get it working right for New Zealand. A bit annoying that the K band segmentation isn't available yet on US firmware.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi all from Wellington, New Zealand

Finally got around to replacing the Valentine V1 that was stolen from my car with a shiny new Uniden R7 (US version).
Still trying to get it working right for New Zealand. A bit annoying that the K band segmentation isn't available yet on US firmware.
Welcome to RDF. I have heard some folk say that you can pay Blulink (Uniden NZ) 199+GST and they can convert it to a NZ model for you with K band segments. Bit of a ripoff IMO. Anyway, like you, several folk are hopeful of K band segments becoming freely available in the near future!

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to RDF!

This V1 thief really gets around! First Auckland, now Wellington! At least it lead you and this other member to RDF. Everything happens for a reason! Enjoy the forum

nzaudidriver

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to RDF!

This V1 thief really gets around! First Auckland, now Wellington! At least it lead you and this other member to RDF. Everything happens for a reason! Enjoy the forum

The V1 was stolen a while ago. Smashed their way in through the drivers side window. Never got round to replacing it until now.

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The V1 was stolen a while ago. Smashed their way in through the drivers side window. Never got round to replacing it until now.

Sorry to hear that. I’d be more frustrated with having to clean up the mess and replacing the window, but getting your property stolen isn’t a great feeling either. The R7 is a nice replacement and the ability to segment K band would be nice.

Bocephus

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome and buckle up!

Zizi8862

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi my valentine v1 crapped itself the other day so I'm now looking for a new detector. How are you finding the US r7, it's a lot cheaper than nz retail ones but I was wondering if you got thr gps database going in your us unit

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, broken glass is a bummer!

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! The forum is very active with members who are extremely knowledgeable and willing to help. Enjoy!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmednofal