Theia Price Speculation:

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Ya... it would be nice for Radenso to have a web store front with products readily available in Canada with support to help answer questions, take returns, and sell the products right in Canada.
Anyone can use our website for any information they need about our products and ask us any questions they have regardless of where they live. We have the ability to sell to Canada customers on our website but we simply can’t due to honoring our agreement with Automobility. I just don’t want people thinking we don’t provide support to Canada customers.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone can use our website for any information they need about our products and ask us any questions they have regardless of where they live. We have the ability to sell to Canada customers on our website but we simply can’t due to honoring our agreement with Automobility. I just don’t want people thinking we don’t provide support to Canada customers.
Thanks Randy. I hope that’s not how you took my post. I should re-word it a little better.

It was circling back to the distribution agreement. I’ll make some adjustments.

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Advanced User
Reaction score
Visions right now has refurb R3 for $398 CDN.
Pro M for $649 = $483 USD.
Sometimes we can get a new detector for less than USA prices if exchange rate or sales help out.
Pro M price never changes at any retailer here. No discounts.
So the whole import distributor thing can work in our favour at times, they must import high volumes at low costs.
Not much in the way of mark up after importing.
R7 is a rip off right now $798 CDN, when I can buy from several USA sources for less and import for under that cost.
Luck of the draw and local market conditions I guess.
The hard part will be Theia will be a must have asap purchase with no deals coming untill the used market picks them up.
So 2 to 3 years from now we'll be bidding on used Theias for more than most new premium legacy detectors.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
The real problem is not Automobility, but rather the fact that no quality, truly consumer-focused e-commerce stores like BRD exist in Canada. KMPH ships grey market, non-warrantied inventory to customers without telling them...tried working with blackbox my car, but they transshipped US inventory to Canada.

Someone from rdforum REALLY needs to open up shop in Canada and provide a no-shit customer focused, enthusiast focused countermeasures store.

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
The real problem is not Automobility, but rather the fact that no quality, truly consumer-focused e-commerce stores like BRD exist in Canada. KMPH ships grey market, non-warrantied inventory to customers without telling them...tried working with blackbox my car, but they transshipped US inventory to Canada.

Someone from rdforum REALLY needs to open up shop in Canada and provide a no-shit customer focused, enthusiast focused countermeasures store.
Jon, sorry but I don't follow regarding KMPH. I have purchased through them and everything's been okay. Had an ALP HW1 CPU fail and they honoured the discounted upgrade to HW2 even though my CPU was past warranty, so they've treated me okay.
I don't mean to put you on the hot seat so to speak, but can you explain the workings of the grey market reference? I'm finding this somewhat confusing to say the least, but thanks for trying to explain the Canadian market realities to us guys up north.
We're just hoping to buy Theia without needing a second mortgage on our houses.

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Have purchased LOTS from KMPH, all with no hassles around warranty etc. I’ve basically had all perfect experiences when dealing with Alex.

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Have purchased LOTS from KMPH, all with no hassles around warranty etc. I’ve basically had all perfect experiences when dealing with Alex.
I've had good experiences with Alex.
He didn't know there's a difference or any purpose between the green and blue ALP TX sensors though, which kind of made me lose a little faith.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
A quick search found this issue with KMPH, and why they had their authorized dealer status revoked:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
I would absolutely run a CM shop here in town.

The problem is the radio installers here have a monopoly on 90% of all the Buisness.
Post automatically merged:

Not to mention getting at cost product from Uniden and AL.

Last edited:

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I've read the link with the backstory on KMPH.ca and grey market importing, and now understand the product warranty issue.
Not pretty.
Kmph.ca website still lists Radenso among other brands for sale.
Are they once again an authorized Radenso distributor? If I'm going to fork out well over $1K for Theia I want to be damn sure it's going to be covered by a Radenso warranty.
@JonatRadenso can you please confirm who your authorized Canadian dealers are?
I want to be a good faith customer and not find myself caught up in a commercial dispute.
Thanks.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Right now they are authorized.

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I've had good experiences with Alex.
He didn't know there's a difference or any purpose between the green and blue ALP TX sensors though, which kind of made me lose a little faith.
Opposite for me. Ive purchased multiple Tx heads from him, and he’s made sure I’m aware each time that front and rear must be different colours.

Hmmm.
77298886-C0F0-4E9F-B8A7-8DEC43F6DC6F.jpeg

Last edited:

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Opposite for me. Ive purchased multiple Tx heads from him, and he’s made sure I’m aware each time that front and rear must be different colours.
That's inaccurate, front and rear do not need to be different colors. The colors are to differentiate between two TX heads running on the same side (eg front or rear).

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That's inaccurate, front and rear do not need to be different colors. The colors are to differentiate between two TX heads running on the same side (eg front or rear).
My bad, I actually wrote that completely wrong. What you said is what I meant to write now that my memory is refreshed. Ive never been told front and rear*

Edited my post above with a screen shot of what he has explained to me in the past.

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hmmm.
View attachment 152505
Same with me. Alex specifically told me if I get a second TX it had to be the other color from the one I bought.

Delaney

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have designed Theia in USA, and can get enough of it manufactured/assembled in USA, electronics can qualify as duty exempt under NAFTA/USMCA agreements.
Yup this. I'm no expert, but based on what we've heard from Jon and Mindy in the videos, it sounds like there's a case to be made for Theia to say Made in the USA on the box!

Not to mention for low volume items I'm not sure how much CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) pays attention to this. Over the years, a couple of times I've had CBSA ask me where an item was made when I was declaring it at the border. One time I said the USA for sure and the other I said I think the USA and they declared it as such and in turn saving duty.

I also find most of the CBSA staff never charge PST, even though they can. So all that right there would save a couple of hundred, so it would be nice to pick Theia up at the border and bring it across myself. But, whatever will be will be.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Never say never. Someone might take you up on that offer.

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yup this. I'm no expert, but based on what we've heard from Jon and Mindy in the videos, it sounds like there's a case to be made for Theia to say Made in the USA on the box!

Not to mention for low volume items I'm not sure how much CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) pays attention to this. Over the years, a couple of times I've had CBSA ask me where an item was made when I was declaring it at the border. One time I said the USA for sure and the other I said I think the USA and they declared it as such and in turn saving duty.

I also find most of the CBSA staff never charge PST, even though they can. So all that right there would save a couple of hundred, so it would be nice to pick Theia up at the border and bring it across myself. But, whatever will be will be.
So you’re saying Canada charges their citizens more for things made in China or other parts of the world as opposed to the US? How is that helping their citizens in any way? Maybe I’m misunderstanding something in what you said.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wrswartz