Uniden r7 and my initial forum experience

factoryguy

chasing rabbits
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I am fairly new to the forum and radar detectors, but lurking enough and wanted to post. My experience so far on this forum has been great and I want to thank you all for creating a great resource. In my case, I had a 1990s era Uniden that I hadn't used in years. I like gadets, and started thinking about a new radar detector and luckily found this forum. After reading a lot of posts and watching some Vortex videos, I went all out for the Uniden r7. The great part is that I felt that I could make an educated decision on the best available RD.

After buying, I got some great help on mounting and ended up hard wiring it with a fixed mount high on my windshield. See my intro post for more on this.

I've also updated the firmware to 129 and used Vortex's settings. The r7 works great. I drive in South Central PA, so I am mainly worried about state police using fixed K band. The unit works great for me and the false alerts, including BSM falses, have been minor. The current firmware seems to be working great. Recent trips to Virginia down rt81 and Philadelphia via PA turnpike were great. I'm still learning how to interpret the alerts, but generally I felt well protected with Waze and the R7.

Finally, I want to thank all of you for providing an amazing amount of info on CM in general, including laser jamming and future direction of the industry. @Vortex does a great job and the Radenso Theia project is so much fun to watch. I'm officially hooked on counter measures and having a ball learning more.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome! It's always good to hear new members impressions about the forum, as the atmosphere and overall culture of the forum are something that we pride ourselves in here. It is nothing short of a continual effort by both the members and the staff to help keep this place clean of trolls and bad attitudes to be a welcoming community.

We hope you continue to ask questions, and help us all learn something in the process too!

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! It’s great to hear about both your feedback and that you’ve been taking the time to get informed! I’m glad I’ve been able to help play a part in that. :) Good to have you here!

Bocephus

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome and buckle up!

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome. I was in almost exactly the same boat as you and stumbled upon this forum before making my purchase 2 years ago.

The knowledge base here is phenomenal. I learn something almost every time I come here.

SafetyBob

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Another welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh. I was in your boat just before Thanksgiving. I appreciate the R7 and all the plus and minus talk around here. For the first time, I actually made as an informed decision as I could. Vortex and his reviews and suggested settings were a great starting point for me. Enjoy!!

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome and thanks for the intro , we look forward to helping you and learning from you as well , whatever it may be.

9C1Driver

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yea Pennsylvania is a very unique state for speed enforcement. Only the state police can run radar and it has to be stationary K band. Be careful in Virginia, it's the one state detectors are illegal.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yea Pennsylvania is a very unique state for speed enforcement. Only the state police can run radar and it has to be stationary K band. Be careful in Virginia, it's the one state detectors are illegal.
That is interesting. Near here where my brother lives they vote on spending and so far have voted no each time for laser equipment purchases. The only thing they really have is older equipment. That only applies to local but interesting as well.

factoryguy

chasing rabbits
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score

Roger that... Any thoughts on how to confirm if my r7 is undetectable? It seems inconsistent across the devices.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3