New on this and need your help

Ronald araujo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
i live in Southern California i get the new unidem R3 works perfect for police LASER AND KA band! Im confused couse today’s happened again thanks to wase i knew ahead where a hidden police with a speed o laser gun who knows ! I saw the police pointing at me was the only vehicle on the road uand my uniden R3 didn’t not wen off at all !!!just want to know if there it’s something i set up wrong or couse already happens twice

LuckyXII

Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome! Keep in mind that radar detectors are not great at detecting laser due to the small targeted beam emitted by laser guns. Officers will usually aim near the license plate or headlights of the vehicle, which is often too low for a windshield mounted radar detector to pick up. You should consider a dedicated laser jammers such as ALP or TMG, if you want to properly detect and jam laser.

Below is a quick video comparison between the two:

Holla

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Radar detectors are USELESS against Laser! You will need a set of ALP's to properly protect you against Laser encounters--You being in Cali---You better get some or you will be paying the Man!!

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing to know about laser is that it is a very small beam, about 3 feet acroos at a distance of 1000 feet from the gun, in order for the radar detector to pick up laser it needs to see that beam. police usually Target low on the car on the bumper or headlights so the chances of the radar detector seeing that beam is not great. The laser gun is also only firing when the police officer pulls the trigger so the Rd is only going to alert once you are hit in the majority of cases, the typical speed aquisition is a fraction of a second faster than you can react and slow down. A radar detector will not reliably save you from laser but might be able to occasionally notify you that you have been hit and will be getting stopped. You need propler laser protection for laser something like ALP as it can delay the gun getting a speed reading for a couple seconds while you get slowed down. The R3 is an excellent detector for radar, one of the best long range detectors out there for radar, it is simply not the correct tool for laser.

Ronald araujo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you guys ! For all this information
Post automatically merged:

Thanks 🙏🏼

Welcome! Keep in mind that radar detectors are not great at detecting laser due to the small targeted beam emitted by laser guns. Officers will usually aim near the license plate or headlights of the vehicle, which is often too low for a windshield mounted radar detector to pick up. You should consider a dedicated laser jammers such as ALP or TMG, if you want to properly detect and jam laser.

Below is a quick video comparison between the two:

Thanks

Welcome to the forum
Thanks

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member