Hi Jon at Radenso i have a question

WalterTheRadarWizard9999

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hello Jon, sorry to bug you, but I have a question...
What exactly is Instant On Scout? And what does it do differently than other radar detectors when it comes to sniffing out I/O from far distances.
I'm looking forward to buying one of your units for my wife... by the way I'm new to the forum, and I didn't know how to message you directly..

Thanks,
Walt

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
ioScout is our feature that can detect and identify instant on basically being able to detect a radar gun’s microsecond “boot-up” time when the officer does a trigger pull. If you check out the Theia FAQ sticky in this section there are videos where Jon and Ariel talk about it.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Hello Jon, sorry to bug you, but I have a question...
What exactly is Instant On Scout? And what does it do differently than other radar detectors when it comes to sniffing out I/O from far distances.
I'm looking forward to buying one of your units for my wife... by the way I'm new to the forum, and I didn't know how to message you directly..

Thanks,
Walt
Hi Walt! Not bugging me at all!

As Randy said, IO Scout is a feature that allows us to name radar guns by specific brand name and tell you when they are shooting instant on vs. constant on. When a radar gun is shot instant on style, each gun's emitter takes a few microseconds to warm up and stabilize, giving us a distinguishing "signature" for IO vs. CW which does not have this instability.

For the user, it translates into increased situation awareness.

WalterTheRadarWizard9999

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

As Randy said, IO Scout is a feature that allows us to name radar guns by specific brand name and tell you when they are shooting instant on vs. constant on. When a radar gun is shot instant on style, each gun's emitter takes a few microseconds to warm up and stabilize, giving us a distinguishing "signature" for IO vs. CW which does not have this instability.

Thanks Jon!! I understand now, that feature plus the SUPER extreme long range combined together will help out tremendously... thanks for responding too...

OEM

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Is there anything like this that can be used for laser? I get those beams are narrow and hard to see, but does the initial fire have any sort of distinguishing emission that can be used to potentially see lasers being fired from afar?

ARkaband

WDE
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is there anything like this that can be used for laser? I get those beams are narrow and hard to see, but does the initial fire have any sort of distinguishing emission that can be used to potentially see lasers being fired from afar?
Simply, no. Even the extremely sensitive ALP has a hard time catching scatter. In 99% of laser scenarios, there is no scatter to detect as the light simply doesn't scatter enough.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Simply, no. Even the extremely sensitive ALP has a hard time catching scatter. In 99% of laser scenarios, there is no scatter to detect as the light simply doesn't scatter enough.
I agree.
The only way Jammers ID the guns is by pulse counts more or less.

Laser detection in a radar detector is more marketing or a notifier unfortunately.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Security
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what that is
I think it's a reference to Minority Report (2002). In the movie, a few special humans have visions of crimes that will happen, before they occur. The police are then dispatched to stop the crime from happening, and arrest the perpetrators before they ever commit the crime.

The joke is that it is hard to know what will happen, before it happens. Unfortunately with laser, you can't detect it until you get hit with it or pick up a scatter shot, which typically happens when you're within kill-shot distance anyways. Currently only an AntiLaser Priority system, a TMG A-15, or a Laser Interceptor system can properly identify which gun is shooting you; but by the time it identifies it, the shooter will be aiming at you, shooting, and already have your speed before you can even think about reacting. Your only defense against laser is a laser-defense system.

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

My V1s didn’t have any difficulty detecting laser. I will even say the cops would shoot me 2x with laser when approaching a laser trap Because my V1 picked it up

Heywood

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
My V1s didn’t have any difficulty detecting laser. I will even say the cops would shoot me 2x with laser when approaching a laser trap Because my V1 picked it up
Against every laser trap.... like radar
At any distance .... like radar
Against any gun.... like radar

How many years ago?
It saved you how many tickets? It doesn’t matter how many times he shot you. It’s not like you were jamming him.

We have to stop giving false hope to the new members that any detector is going to give adequate, reliable protection against Lidar.

Valentine might be better than most at picking up Lidar scatter, but no one would recommend that if you face a lot of it, you should buy one and call it a day...... like radar.

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Against every laser trap.... like radar
At any distance .... like radar
Against any gun.... like radar

How many years ago?
It saved you how many tickets? It doesn’t matter how many times he shot you. It’s not like you were jamming him.

We have to stop giving false hope to the new members that any detector is going to give adequate, reliable protection against Lidar.

Valentine might be better than most at picking up Lidar scatter, but no one would recommend that if you face a lot of it, you should buy one and call it a day...... like radar.
I would say pretty much every front shooting manned Eps laser trap. I would even pull u turns to deliberately get shot with laser

What type of laser. I’m not a pro a laser guns. Would say LTI

Distance. Definitely kill zone.

Years. Throughout my v1 use 2003-2014

I’m not saying laser detection is saving anyone from a lidar ticket

But ppl saying it’s hard to pick up laser from a detector is untrue

The V1 is exceptional at it.

Heywood

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d like to try that one day just to see.

Even better that I do have an LTI 20/20 in my collection to shoot it with.

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’d like to try that one day just to see.

Even better that I do have an LTI 20/20 in my collection to shoot it with.

I have 0 doubts in the V1 for laser detection.

Hence utter disappointment when I started using rhe lrd950 and even greater disappointment with pro m

I literally went from solid laser detection from the V1 to absolutely 0 laser detection from
The lrd950 and pro m combined. (1 laser on the lrd 950 at like 400m out)

I ll even say I got a rear laser once on my V1 from photo dragon cam

IPA

Gimme Shelter
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Others will read this and believe a detector is useful against laser. It isn’t.

If you face any laser at all there is no comfort without jammers. You shouldn’t be speeding without them.

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Posts and counterposts about RDs and laser is the rdf equivalent of the seven year locusts, except only more frequent.

"Just one more post about how the V1 saved me and everyone will believe. Hallelujah!"

OEM

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
To be clear guys, I wasn’t suggesting that a detector for laser would save me.

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
My V1 was very good a detecting laser too. Unfortunately it falsed on laser so often that I began to treat the alerts almost like K band - maybe it's real, but probably not.
After installing ALPs, which virtually never false, I shut off laser on the V1 and never looked back. Sensitivity without selectivity isn't worth much to me.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilmaya