Uniden R7 1.29 - MRCD Testing

Dukes

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright, I just did some quick MRCD testing with the R7 and firmware 1.29. I was hoping to do a comparison between the R7 and the Pro M but the MRCD operator moved and I ran out of time. So I was only able to complete 1 Radenso Pro M run. However, I will be doing a more throughout comparison very soon.

Uniden R7 - 3 runs:

Yellow MRCD truck on the right that says "Drive Safe".

Radenso Pro M - Single run:

Yellow MRCD truck on the right that says "Drive Safe".

Last edited:

cihkal

Retired from the Forum, Adios! WWG1WGA
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really impressive stuff, I'm just happy to see them come through. I had thought they weren't gonna make it happen, but I sold them short.

Nice to see the Pro M hang in, those darn cops sneaking out early on ya!

wayne77

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks good so far. Thanks for the test. Big improvement and another option for those that face this threat.

Elcid2015

Late for my own funeral
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the testing. So is the truck with the MRCD shooting cars in the rear as they pass by (signals are being emitted in your direction of travel)?

Dukes

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the testing. So is the truck with the MRCD shooting cars in the rear as they pass by (signals are being emitted in your direction of travel)?
Yes, because we only have rear license plates in Alberta. So you have to pass the truck in order for them to ticket you.

DChiJEllis

Moderator Emeritus and Lifetime RDF Contributor
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Trollstigen, Lyseveien og Atlanterhavsveien
Great stuff.

(Now if it would only work against the pesky Gatso equipped trucks here. Everyone has their own hill to charge I suppose.)

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you Dukes for the testing.
I realize its only one data point, but its impressive to see the R7 beat out the Pro M.
What filtering settings were you running on both?

TechnoRave

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Very nice indeed. One thing that I noticed the LEO always faces the flow of traffic. The on coming traffic why isn’t there no testing from that direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

instroke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Wow, that range looks like it might be actually better than the Pro M. But what about everything else? Other falses? Bsms? And those damm signs? Awesome job Dukes!

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Wow, that range looks like it might be actually better than the Pro M. But what about everything else? Other falses? Bsms? And those damm signs? Awesome job Dukes!

I wouldn’t say that.

It’s extremely hard to get any consistency with mrcd testing

Unless u can isolate the mrcd truck from all traffic to try to control the variables as much possible. Real world mrcd testing is difficult

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Advanced User
Reaction score
I knew they could better MRCD!
Attowave could draw from some experience they have with the Pro M and accounting for differences tune the R7 to perform up to potential.
This is a promising start to confirmation of MRCD usability in the R7.
Let the lawsuits get settled and on to auto lockouts.
R7 is poised to get it's grip firmly on the Radar Throne, until that upstart girl Theia shows up for battle.:worship:

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome - anyone notice a difference w/ K? Looks like I’m getting a stronger signal on fixed alerts that I encounter daily

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice indeed. One thing that I noticed the LEO always faces the flow of traffic. The on coming traffic why isn’t there no testing from that direction?
As @Dukes mentioned, we have no front plates.

There’s no reason to test from that direction because there no enforcement when driving towards it.

Besides, you can pick it up way before you get into the cameras sight line. They way it’s set up to get you from behind is the way it’s designed and way more dangerous to us

I wouldn’t say that.

It’s extremely hard to get any consistency with mrcd testing

Unless u can isolate the mrcd truck from all traffic to try to control the variables as much possible. Real world mrcd testing is difficult
Your right, it’s more of a opportunity. Once you find the trap, then you have to consider if it’s in a good location where you can make multiple passes in a short period of time.

They generally only stay in one location for 2 hours or less. Depends when you find them, they could’ve been there for a bit.

Testing with normal radar, especially when you own the radar guns, is so much easier. The hardest part is finding a good course.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bas