Xbox one x WiFi issues

romclean

MiNdLe$$ $ouL
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don’t know how many gamers are on here, but I’m having issues with my Xbox one x. The sucker keeps disconnecting randomly from my WiFi when all the other devices are running normally. I’ve read that’s it’s a known issue, and I’m curious if I can fix it.

AlexJ

Агенство Интернет-исследований
Beginner User
Reaction score
You can try using a different router, this way you will know if the issue is with router compatibility or the Xbox wireless adapter.

Euurx

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don’t know how many gamers are on here, but I’m having issues with my Xbox one x. The sucker keeps disconnecting randomly from my WiFi when all the other devices are running normally. I’ve read that’s it’s a known issue, and I’m curious if I can fix it.
What kind AP/Router do you have? what is the configuration? 2.4/5GHz? Do you have QoS? Everything up to date? Whats the environment like drywall? Concrete? More details would be great. I don't have an Xbox one X anymore, but I do know my IT well.

romclean

MiNdLe$$ $ouL
Advanced User
Reaction score
What kind AP/Router do you have? what is the configuration? 2.4/5GHz? Do you have QoS? Everything up to date? Whats the environment like drywall? Concrete? More details would be great. I don't have an Xbox one X anymore, but I do know my IT well.
I have an xfinity router that’s dual 2.4ghz/5ghz and everything is up to date that I’m aware of. The router is located in the next room with drywall between the router and Xbox. Signal strength is pretty strong according to the Xbox. I usually have issues here and there through out the week but it kept happening every 30-90 minutes yesterday. Once I go offline/back online under the network setting everything works fine.

Arris TG1682G is the router model

So far I have tried these recommendations.
Hard reset on the Xbox one x
Hard reset on the router
Clear MAC address on xbox
Port forwarding
Dmz

I did notice that when the problem occurs, it does state that I’m only connected via ipv4 instead of ipv4 & ipv6. Once I restart the Xbox or go offline/online, it shows that I’m connected via ipv4 & ipv6 again.

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no way you can run ethernet to it?
thats def the best way to game esp if your playing real time multiplayer games such as cod or fortnite.

did you check to see if your router has any firmware updates from the manufacturers website or maybe it has an internal update feature to flash itself (?)

Edward4

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have an xfinity router that’s dual 2.4ghz/5ghz and everything is up to date that I’m aware of. The router is located in the next room with drywall between the router and Xbox. Signal strength is pretty strong according to the Xbox. I usually have issues here and there through out the week but it kept happening every 30-90 minutes yesterday. Once I go offline/back online under the network setting everything works fine.

Hard reset on the router
Port forwarding
Dmz

I did notice that when the problem occurs, it does state that I’m only connected via ipv4 instead of ipv4 & ipv6. Once I restart the Xbox or go offline/online, it shows that I’m connected via ipv4 & ipv6 again.
That modem/router is a POS. Google Intel Puma 6 problems. Won’t matter if you are wired or wireless. Get another modem and use your own separate access point and router.

Crunchy

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I had a bunch of problems last year with the supplied modem/router from Xfinity. I went through two of them and still had problems. They told me the lines in my house were bad and I replaced them and that did nothing. I went and bought my own modem/router combo and all my problems went away.

wayne77

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, always get your own router, especially if you're a gamer. I'd find a way to run Ethernet to the xbox though. Can you go through the floor into a crawl space? Move the xbox? If that's not an option, a good router will have to suffice. I've had good luck with Netgear.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LZZZXB/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

Euurx

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Hard reset on the router
Port forwarding
Dmz

General rule of thumb is NEVER use the ISP combo wireless and router. It usually never works. I'd always recommend a separate unit for the Router. If your nifty with open-source then do pfsense, if not then get yourself a router from BB or Amazon. As for the wireless part, I always run ubiquiti never anything else.

Second, If you cannot wire the Xbox One X (as you should typically for hte best connection possible) then, your best bet is to move it or, get a repeater. I'd also check any firewall settings, maybe even try QoS on the current equipment you have.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnl